The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

More than 150 workers at the Houston Methodist Hospital system who refused to get a Covid-19 vaccine have been fired or resigned after a judge dismissed an employee lawsuit over the shot requirement.

I guess they can just take a retail/restaurant job since there’s a labor shortage, so they tell us.

5 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I'm making the assumption you have not been vaccinated.  What can't you do that vaccinated people can?  The Bills I have announced full capacity no vaccine required.  Most baseball teams have done so.  I suspect other businesses to follow suit in the very near term.

As to the bolded are you suggesting the government tell businesses they can't do this? Of course they can. Freedom.  No shirt. No shoes. No service.  Some stores let you bring your dog in, some don't.

I don't care if you get it or not.  

I'm fully vaxxed and couldn't care less if anyone else is.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

And you will be giddy with delight if it happens.. as you’ve said many times. We get it, death to those that oppose your allah, the alt left. 

The cult could always just get the itty bitty shot.

4 minutes ago, Governor said:

but it would ruin your death March Glee… maybe think of it as them sacrificing for your pleasure so you can revel as your cults’ sworn enemies perish… I mean you’ve brought it up so often you must whack your noodle to the very idea.. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

6 minutes ago, Governor said:

90% of African Americans did not vote for Trump.

Why is this a Trump voter red state vs blue state thing?   

Please justify why someone choosing to not get the vaccine is a problem for you.  

Thanks.  

9 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

but it would ruin your death March Glee… maybe think of it as them sacrificing for your pleasure so you can revel as your cults’ sworn enemies perish… I mean you’ve brought it up so often you must whack your noodle to the very idea.. 

You need to talk some sense into the cult. They’ll listen to you. You’re a Confederate.

2 minutes ago, Governor said:

You need to talk some sense into the cult. They’ll listen to you. You’re a Confederate.

I know that’s just the b12 deficiency talking…. but Confederates were democrats, like you…hmm 🤔 

i hope red and blue states alike continue the positive trend of covid deaths and cases decreasing all the way to zero. not rooting for any more death here, sorry bud.

6 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

90% of African Americans did not vote for Trump.

Why is this a Trump voter red state vs blue state thing?   

Please justify why someone choosing to not get the vaccine is a problem for you.  

Thanks.  

Those who are most hesitant to get the coronavirus vaccine include white evangelicals, Republicans, rural Americans, young adults and those without college degrees. 

6 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I know that’s just the b12 deficiency talking…. but Confederates were democrats, like you…hmm 🤔 

i hope red and blue states alike continue the positive trend of covid deaths and cases decreasing all the way to zero. not rooting for any more death here, sorry bud.

If I convince, scare, or trick 1 person on this board into getting vaccinated, I’ve done my job.

8 hours ago, Governor said:

Those who are most hesitant to get the coronavirus vaccine include white evangelicals, Republicans, rural Americans, young adults and those without college degrees. 

If I convince, scare, or trick 1 person on this board into getting vaccinated, I’ve done my job.

It's not your job to do anything tho.

You're not the vaccines czar

You're not employed to do it, it's none of your business what other people do.. you're just playing Big brother

How about if people want to get it they get it and if they don't you leave them alone

27 minutes ago, SirusB said:

What's the rate of myocarditis/pericarditis in that age group, after covid-19 infection?

The highest rate given is 233 per 4,337,287 doses.  That's a rate of 5.37 per 100,000 doses in males 18-25

-Myocarditis was detected in college athletes diagnosed with covid-19 at 0.3%, or 300 per 100,000

-Myocarditis or pericarditis found in 5 of 789 pro athletes (multiple leagues) + for covid last season (incl. Sweeney).  634 per 100,000

(source: JAMA Cardiology, March issue)

In other words, if Mr Berenson were interested in logical, factual, discussion, he would present his information with the context that the highest rate, in males 18-25 yo, is still 10x lower than the rate of developing myocarditis/pericarditis if they contract covid-19 disease - and that's just one side effect of covid-19 disease that is emerging as applicable to this age group and to people who have mild or asymptomatic disease.

IMHO this is a classic example of the "decision bias" sway, where having made a decision, someone views and presents all information through a filter of the decision made.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What's the rate of myocarditis/pericarditis in that age group, after covid-19 infection?

The highest rate given is 233 per 4,337,287 doses.  That's a rate of 5.37 per 100,000 doses in males 18-25

-Myocarditis was detected in college athletes diagnosed with covid-19 at 0.3%, or 300 per 100,000

-Myocarditis or pericarditis found in 5 of 789 pro athletes (multiple leagues) + for covid last season (incl. Sweeney).  634 per 100,000

(source: JAMA Cardiology, March issue)

In other words, if Mr Berenson were interested in logical, factual, discussion, he would present his information with the context that the highest rate, in males 18-25 yo, is still 10x lower than the rate of developing myocarditis/pericarditis if they contract covid-19 disease - and that's just one side effect of covid-19 disease that is emerging as applicable to this age group and to people who have mild or asymptomatic disease.

IMHO this is a classic example of the "decision bias" sway, where having made a decision, someone views and presents all information through a filter of the decision made.

So, another way to look at it is a person in that situation is unlikely to become infected with COVID, but if they do they are really really really unlikely to develop serious health issues.  However, it makes sense to risk a serious heart issue (unlikely)  because they’re still less likely to have the heart issue than if they developed the condition from COVID (more less unlikely) ? 

I don’t know.  I feel like lots of young people aren’t going to see the logic here.  

I met with some clients yesterday.  I "borrowed" someone from another office to sit in on the appointment with me.  She asked if we should wear masks. I told her "I'm not vaccinated" and she said "neither am I".  She's a young 30 something.  I told her the whole "get a shot and you can take your mask off" is pathetic and that it's been a very long time since anyone told me "eat all your veggies and you can have dessert."  She said "Oh I know their game.  I just identify as a vaccinated person!" 😆😆😆

I told her that it appears we lean the same way politically.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

It's not your job to do anything tho.

You're not the vaccines czar

You're not employed to do it, it's none of your business what other people do.. you're just playing Big brother

How about if people want to get it they get it and if they don't you leave them alone

It’s called being an American.

You should try it sometime.

33 minutes ago, Governor said:

It’s called being an American.

You should try it sometime.

Lmao that's rich 

What if I told you I was vaccinated? How dumb would you look then

It's still your personal choice

And do you know how Ludacris you look like calling somebody out about their americanness? I come from a military family.. I've had family members that fought in every war from the revolution to Iraqi freedom.. I bleed red white and blue

And they fought so you could have your own beliefs.. but just like women have the right to their body.. all humans have the choice to what goes inside theirs

Edited by Buffalo716

15 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Lmao that's rich 

What if I told you I was vaccinated? How dumb would you look then

It's still your personal choice

And do you know how Ludacris you look like calling somebody out about their americanness? I come from a military family.. I've had family members that fought in every war from the revolution to Iraqi freedom.. I bleed red white and blue

And they fought so you could have your own beliefs.. but just like women have the right to their body.. all humans have the choice to what goes inside theirs

You’re a Russian.

Vladimir Putin has a HIGHER approval rating than Biden among Republicans, new poll reveals.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9702447/Vladimir-Putin-HIGHER-approval-rating-Biden-Republicans-new-poll-reveals.html

5 minutes ago, Governor said:

You’re a Russian.

Vladimir Putin has a HIGHER approval rating than Biden among Republicans, new poll reveals.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9702447/Vladimir-Putin-HIGHER-approval-rating-Biden-Republicans-new-poll-reveals.html

I'm not a Republican

I'm a conservative with some libertarian Principles

"Conservatism in the United States is a political and social philosophy which characteristically shows respect for American traditions, republicanism, and limited federal governmental power in relation to the states" 

About as American as you can get

Edited by Buffalo716

13 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I'm not a Republican

I'm a conservative libertarian

"Conservatism in the United States is a political and social philosophy which characteristically shows respect for American traditions, republicanism, and limited federal governmental power in relation to the states" 

About as American as you can get

Funny how there’s so many conservative libertarians all of a sudden. I wonder why that is?

We won’t ever forget what you did. Lol.