The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

That's the thing I didn't understand.  They had us shelter at home to make sure hospitals were not overwhelmed while the mercy ship sat empty in the LA harbor.  

Chef: This shouldn't be difficult to understand. Trump let the Governors handle their response just the way that government is supposed to work...closest to the source.  He promised he'd support them with supply lines, just the way it's handled during a war...away from the front lines.  They felt they needed a hospital, so he got them one. He didn't hesitate or ask "do you really need one"?  And then after he got the troops exactly what they needed, requested and then some, they turned around and blamed him for the war. Disgusting! 

Edited by SoCal Deek

6 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

He was busy getting a hospital boat for the Governor of Death!  He even got one for California. Neither one was used. 

You sure? I thought he was out golfing and hosting rallies?

And he still lost

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You sure? I thought he was out golfing and hosting rallies?

And he still lost

Wrong again. First he got them what they requested and then he still had time to golf. Not too shabby! 

Biden was sitting at home sucking his thumb. 

Covid horror: Russia discovers new 'Moscow' strain as cases soar across the country

Dubbed the "Moscow" strain, they are urgently investigating whether it is resistant to current vaccines. Russia has seen a spike in infections of the deadly virus, leading to the imposition of new restrictions in Moscow and Saint Petersburg. On Sunday health authorities reported more than 14,700 Covid cases, which represents the largest one-day tally since February.

Experts believe that the new strain could be driving the explosion in infections.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1450382/covid-news-russia-discovers-new-moscow-strain-kremlin-sputnik-v-saint-petersburg-putin-ont-1450382

China rn

tenor.gif

Edited by Big Blitz

19 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

This was the fully reopen metric they told us right?

Living a life wondering where you need a vaccine pass, mask, or negative test is absolutely asinine.  

That’s why states like FL and TX are so enticing. Freedom does that. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BillStime said:

Biden kicked Trumps a$$ bro - landslide

And he apparently did that while sitting at home letting everyone else do all the actual work. Joe’s the poster child for a classic leftist. No wonder you’re such a fan. 

41 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And he apparently did that while sitting at home letting everyone else do all the actual work. Joe’s the poster child for a classic leftist. No wonder you’re such a fan. 

LANDSLIDE - FROM HIS BASEMENT - JOE KICKED TRUMPS A$$$$$$$$

On 6/9/2021 at 8:12 PM, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

We’re back to large crowds, in fact, we never didn’t have large crowds gathering in cities across the country all last year as people died in large numbers. Surely you know this.  

Tens of thousands of people from all walks of life coming together, huddling closely at times, animated in speech and physical contact, often returning home to spread the virus in some of communities at highest risk in the country.  What was hard to understand we’re the crickets chirping or worse yet—politicians and civic leaders encouraging the behavior.  How many lives lost there?  

On the other hand, If you’re only talking about the compliant folk wanting to gather, that’s happening as well and has been for some time. Surely you know this as well. 

As for your suggestion, if I had immunity after having COVID, I personally would be willing to listen to the  “extra double immunity” angle, but more importantly “we’re not sure how long your immunity will last”.  Not saying I’d Vax up, and I probably wouldn’t until more data came out, but I’d listen. 

I would also support someone else unwilling to listen to either argument and just push forward, knowing the risk, knowing the numbers and knowing the science that seems to contradict “just get the damn Vax” crowd. Based on the numbers, it’s exceptionally likely they would be absolutely fine and would pose no threat to others.  

But, it’s a nasty ripper of a bug to some people, we agree there. 

Informed choice is the key.  Tolerance helps as well. 

On this, I think you’re overstating, btw.  I’m speak with folks in various fields including areas of which you speak.  Some certainly echoed what you said, others not at all.  There is not universal consensus among all health care workers and physicians that the Vax is the only answer. 

A few are worried because they hear all conspiracy BS.. PS My Mom and Uncle had polio and suffered greatly til Vax wiped it out... sorry I have no patience for anti vaxxers... after seeing 11 people a day for a month... nurses, a receptionist and a nun die as well as an eight year old... im tired of internet sleuths who push BS misinformation... Get vaxxed and lets move on.

28 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

A few are worried because they hear all conspiracy BS.. PS My Mom and Uncle had polio and suffered greatly til Vax wiped it out... sorry I have no patience for anti vaxxers... after seeing 11 people a day for a month... nurses, a receptionist and a nun die as well as an eight year old... im tired of internet sleuths who push BS misinformation... Get vaxxed and lets move on.

Nope, i'll pass and let you guinea pigs go first! I equally have no patience for you idiots keep pushing others to get vaccinated, you got vaccinated, your safe so move on don't worry about me, i'll do me and you do you, got it!

Edited by Big Gun

7 minutes ago, Big Gun said:

Nope, i'll pass and let you guinea pigs go first! I equally have no patience for you idiots keep pushing others to get vaccinated, you got vaccinated, your safe so move on don't worry about me, i'll do me and you do you, got it!

Prayers hopefully you wont need them... been six months how much more time do you need...

Edited by North Buffalo

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

My father survived polio, my mother lost the majority of her hearing due to constant ear infections throughout her youth and spent her working years as a registered nurse providing aid, comfort and compassion to the sick, injured and dying.  My sister and several other family members followed her in that noble pursuit.  My sister-in-law is a pediatrician, my brother-in-law, nephew, niece and two of my three children had COVID.  My brother-in-law chooses at this point to go with the theory of COVID immunity. My sister-in-law sees no problems with that decision. 

With due respect to you and yours, there are people who suffer and survive and see it differently than you do and to reduce to calling derisively calling them “internet sleuths” adds little to the discussion. 

Sorry to hear of your experiences, the stories that come out of this crisis are often tragic.   

One can only wonder how much better it might have been had those folks who chose to protest in violation of lockdown rules and CDC guidance been provided better guidance and advice about the dangers of gathering in massive groups.  Or, if there was honest dialogue about the nature of the virus initially.  I’d think lots of skeptical folks might well have treaded cautiously had there been honest dialogue that the root cause of the virus might well have been an escaped virus from a research lab. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

My father survived polio, my mother lost the majority of her hearing due to constant ear infections throughout her youth and spent her working years as a registered nurse providing aid, comfort and compassion to the sick, injured and dying.  My sister and several other family members followed her in that noble pursuit.  My sister-in-law is a pediatrician, my brother-in-law, nephew, niece and two of my three children had COVID.  My brother-in-law chooses at this point to go with the theory of COVID immunity. My sister-in-law sees no problems with that decision. 

With due respect to you and yours, there are people who suffer and survive and see it differently than you do and to reduce to calling derisively calling them “internet sleuths” adds little to the discussion. 

Sorry to hear of your experiences, the stories that come out of this crisis are often tragic.   

One can only wonder how much better it might have been had those folks who chose to protest in violation of lockdown rules and CDC guidance been provided better guidance and advice about the dangers of gathering in massive groups.  Or, if there was honest dialogue about the nature of the virus initially.  I’d think lots of skeptical folks might well have treaded cautiously had there been honest dialogue that the root cause of the virus might well have been an escaped virus from a research lab. 

One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear’

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

Bet you ten bucks the squirt gun got the vaccine as soon as he could...

Hahaha.........you're so dumb it's comical. I will never get the vaccine for something that is over 99% survivable!

Good luck to all you pro vacciners you're going to need it going forward.