The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

10 hours ago, John Adams said:

You use James Woods as a source. I don't use James Woods as a source. 

One reason, among others, is that he drew conclusions not based on the article. By sharing Woods's take and not your own, his stupidity rubbed off on you. 

You'll be happier in your safe space but don't worry, I am not likely to hang around here. Just nice to see the cult filtering back in, as predicted. 

WTF, can you not read or do you just choose to be obtuse. Please point to one area, just one, where I use Woods as a source or agree or disagree with his summation. Ya can’t, cause I have not. 

My position on this particular thread topic has always, always, been I care not what Woods take was, but the underlying  analysis by a respected scientific author employed by the NYT merits serious consideration. 

you however, choose to make the discussion about James Woods and his opinions.. why I don’t know. 

So, read the article, form an opinion, and dispute or agree with Wades take. 

Or, don’t , and don’t hang around here cause you can’t defend your takes and you are intellectually dishonest. Honest folks can defend their positions with logic, not ad hominem attacks. 

but you are not honest, or smart, or intellectually curious, you are just interested in toting a party line. 

Just now, John Adams said:

You pasted his tweet kemosabe. 

You pasted his tweet just for no reason then? Great contribution, bravo. 

I did nothing of the sort. Show me where I pasted anything from him. Damn, can you not defend a single position you take? Can you only sling lies ?

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Now, defend your position against the Wade article? 

This has never been about the Wade article. It’s been about me attacking Woods’s conclusions about it and you telling me all the things you think about me: what media I read, that I didn’t read the article. 

What I think is that though he (Wade) may be right, what he did was weave certain facts into a tempting narrative. That’s all I see so far. Beats me where it originated but we should definitely be looking very hard for the bat population and/or leak. 

Narratives that make for good stories  is all anyone wants these days so I’m sure it’s a big seller. 

Edited by John Adams

CDC predicts a surge in COVID-19 cases through May thanks to variants

A new CDC report suggests relaxing public restrictions combined with variant circulation could lead to spikes in infections, hospitalizations.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/longevity/552009-cdc-predicts-a-surge-in-covid-19-cases-through-may

Screenshot_20210531-231931_Chrome.jpg

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

More proof you can’t fix stupid

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccination-demographic

Here is data from CDC.  Some of the groups that have been vaccinated at a higher total % than their overall US population % are white, non-hispanics (make up 61.4% of those with at least one dose compared to 61.2% of overall population) and asian, non-hispanic (6.0% of those with at least one dose compared to 5.8% of overall population).  The group with the lowest ratio of vaccination % compared to their overall population is black, non-hispanics (8.9% of those with at least one dose compared to 12.4% of overall US population).

But sure, let's allude to it being Republicans/white supremacists as the main reason why vaccination rates aren't where you think they should be.

• Thank you (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, jhh9327 said:

Here is data from CDC.  Some of the groups that have been vaccinated at a higher total % than their overall US population % are white, non-hispanics (make up 61.4% of those with at least one dose compared to 61.2% of overall population) and asian, non-hispanic (6.0% of those with at least one dose compared to 5.8% of overall population).  The group with the lowest ratio of vaccination % compared to their overall population is black, non-hispanics (8.9% of those with at least one dose compared to 12.4% of overall US population).

But sure, let's allude to it being Republicans/white supremacists as the main reason why vaccination rates aren't where you think they should be.

Oh... someone back with a new handle?

LMAO

Just now, BillStime said:

Oh... someone back with a new handle?

LMAO

Don't know who else you think I am, but I'm just a lurker who likes numbers.  And a vaccinated, right leaning citizen of our country.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

GO FIGURE:

Screen-Shot-2021-05-31-at-18.39.45.png

Here’s the Bloomberg article.  https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-28/sweden-s-export-driven-economy-reaches-pre-pandemic-level

Extending “15 days to slow the spread” into something closer to 15 months was a colossal failure by our global governing class. People should be losing their jobs — at the very least — over this.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, jhh9327 said:

Classic lib troll tactics. Forget numbers, facts etc. it’s the narrative that matters and it must be pushed at ALL costs. TDS is real ! 

• Thank you (+1) 4

On 5/29/2021 at 5:42 PM, Big Blitz said:

EXCLUSIVE: COVID-19 'has NO credible natural ancestor' and WAS created by Chinese scientists who then tried to cover their tracks with 'retro-engineering' to make it seem like it naturally arose from bats, explosive new study claims

DailyMail.com exclusively obtained the new 22-page paper authored by British Professor Angus Dalgleish and Norwegian scientist Dr. Birger Sørensen set to be published in the Quarterly Review of Biophysics Discovery

The study showed there's evidence to suggest Chinese scientists created the virus while working on a Gain of Function project in a Wuhan lab 

Gain of Function research, which was temporarily outlawed in the US, involves altering naturally-occurring viruses to make them more infectious in order to study their potential effects on humans 

According to the paper, Chinese scientists took a natural coronavirus 'backbone' found in Chinese cave bats and spliced onto it a new 'spike', turning it into the deadly and highly transmissible COVID-19

The researchers, who concluded that COVID-19 'has no credible natural ancestor', also believe scientists reverse-engineered versions of the virus to cover up their tracks

'We think that there have been retro-engineered viruses created,' Dalgleish told DailyMail.com. 'They've changed the virus, then tried to make out it was in a sequence years ago.'

The study also points to 'deliberate destruction, concealment or contamination of data' in Chinese labs and notes that 'scientists who wished to share their findings haven't been able to do so or have disappeared' 

Until recently, most experts had staunchly denied the origins of the virus were anything other than a natural infection leaping from animals to humans

Earlier this week, Dr. Anthony Fauci defended US funding of the Wuhan Institute of Virology, saying the $600,000 grant was not approved for Gain of Function research 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9629563/Chinese-scientists-created-COVID-19-lab-tried-cover-tracks-new-study-claims.html

The story of COVID likely goes all the way back to SARS.  That little critter got out and *kept* getting out of Chinese labs, until poof, it just disappears, never to be seen again.  Still, as of 2021, no natural origin has been found.  No one can explain why it just...vanished.  

The bigger question is why is the world so interested in manipulating the coronavirus, largely out of the public purview?  To what end?  

• Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, BillStime said:

More proof you can’t fix stupid

So you're "stupid" now for not getting a novel vaccine?  

In light of the science that says getting Covid could bring you immunity for years perhaps permanently.

The only stupid I see here is this tweet.  

Has @Ianbassin8965257200964276422 posted any tweets on Covids origins, criticism of the WHO for lying and covering for China, and the incalculable and criminal damage they've done to the planet?

Like Ian, you might just be a moronic partisan sheep if you haven't.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

So you're "stupid" now for not getting a novel vaccine?  

In light of the science that says getting Covid could bring you immunity for years perhaps permanently.

The only stupid I see here is this tweet.  

Has @Ianbassin8965257200964276422 posted any tweets on Covids origins, criticism of the WHO for lying and covering for China, and the incalculable and criminal damage they've done to the planet?

Like Ian, you might just be a moronic partisan sheep if you haven't.

Like I said - you can't fix stupid. ☝️

THE NATURAL IMMUNITY LOOKS STRONG: 

Your COVID-19 immunity could last ‘possibly a lifetime.’ 

The papers are consistent with the growing body of literature that suggests that immunity elicited by infection and vaccination for SARS-CoV-2 appears to be long-lived.”

https://theweek.com/coronavirus/1000900/your-covid-19-immunity-could-last-possibly-a-lifetime

Related: Nature:. Had COVID? You’ll probably make antibodies for a lifetime. 

I think it’s fair to say that we’re close to a scientific consensus that people who have had Covid don’t need to be vaccinated.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01442-9

AND IT SHOULD BE: 

If the Wuhan lab-leak hypothesis is true, expect a political earthquake.

I am no expert on epidemics. Like everyone else I know, I spent the pandemic doing as I was told. A few months ago I even tried to talk a Fox News viewer out of believing in the lab-leak theory of Covid’s origins. The reason I did that is because the newspapers I read and the TV shows I watched had assured me on many occasions that the lab-leak theory wasn’t true, that it was a racist conspiracy theory, that only deluded Trumpists believed it, that it got infinite pants-on-fire ratings from the fact-checkers, and because (despite all my cynicism) I am the sort who has always trusted the mainstream news media.

My own complacency on the matter was dynamited by the lab-leak essay that ran in the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists earlier this month; a few weeks later everyone from Doctor Fauci to President Biden is acknowledging that the lab-accident hypothesis might have some merit. We don’t know the real answer yet, and we probably will never know, but this is the moment to anticipate what such a finding might ultimately mean. What if this crazy story turns out to be true?

The answer is that this is the kind of thing that could obliterate the faith of millions.

And it should, because the institutions in question were not worthy of faith, and were themselves faithless.

https://news.yahoo.com/wuhan-lab-leak-hypothesis-true-102749505.html