The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Indy 500 sells out, 135,000 fans expected on Sunday

The 105th running of the race on Sunday will require spectators to wear masks when not eating or drinking, will check temperatures at the entrance and will have social distancing requirements inside the track.

This sentence cracks me up. Lets load up on the appearances, not worry about actual transmission! 

Did you know that if you drink beer and eat a tub of popcorn for an hour, the covid knows you are eating and  drinking will not disperse the aerosols into the air for that hour? 

And after 16 months of being told the most deadly part of this virus is asymptomatic spread, and that the incubation period can be as much as 14 days. glad to know the theater of taking temps makes some dolts somehow feel safer. 

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Indy 500 sells out, 135,000 fans expected on Sunday

Indianapolis Motor Speedway will host 135,000 racing fans for the Indianapolis 500 on Sunday and the sold-out crowd will represent a big step forward as North American sports continue to turn the page on the COVID-19 pandemic.

"We've hit our capacity for this year's Indianapolis 500 and look forward to hosting 135,000 fans at the world's largest sporting event since the pandemic began," race organizers said on Thursday.

"We're thrilled to welcome fans 'Back Home Again' and appreciate our loyal customers and their continued support."

The 135,000 represents approximately 40% of the venue capacity, which is being constrained to stem the spread of the virus.

Health officials credit rising vaccination rates in Indiana and nationwide for the state's ability to hold such a large gathering.

A year ago, the "Greatest Spectacle in Racing" was held without a single fan in attendance for the first time in its history.

The 105th running of the race on Sunday will require spectators to wear masks when not eating or drinking, will check temperatures at the entrance and will have social distancing requirements inside the track.

(Excerpt) Read more at  .https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/indy-500-sells-out-135000-fans-expected-sunday-2021-05-27/

Surely teams of liberal progressives are working on ways to ruin the Indianapolis 500 just like they have ruined everything else steeped in history and tradition in this country.

And then blame trump for it 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Why? Been proven in many studies transmission generating from kids in schools is next to non existent. Transmission occurs between adult staff..both teachers and non teachers. 

https://www.npr.org/2021/05/21/999106426/schools-are-dropping-mask-requirements-but-new-cdc-study-suggests-they-shouldnt

If you believe masks work, teachers and staff that are non vaccinated maybe an argument could be made to wear masks? 

Is it not about the science after all ?

I said I would consider it, not do it.  I tend to favor your side of it with the kids.  But doing that, you'd have to know there would be some isolated cases of kids getting it and then either dying or having long term complications and you'd have to be willing to live with that.

52 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I said I would consider it, not do it.  I tend to favor your side of it with the kids.  But doing that, you'd have to know there would be some isolated cases of kids getting it and then either dying or having long term complications and you'd have to be willing to live with that.

Not 1 child, and I mean not one, has died from Covid unless they were severally sick with something else before contracting Covid. Hate to see these kids continue in masks when there is no good reason why

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Not 1 child, and I mean not one, has died from Covid unless they were severally sick with something else before contracting Covid. Hate to see these kids continue in masks when there is no good reason why

I am OK going without masks in schools, but your statement that not one kid died without a complicating condition is categorically not true.  I know of two myself.

Edited by oldmanfan

22 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I am OK going without masks in schools, but your statement that not one kid died without a complicating condition is categorically not true.  I know of two myself.

I believe  it is categorically true, but even if not the amount of kids that have died from Covid is much less than the flu every year. So if we gunna wear masks for Covid, may as well wear them every year October -April

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I believe  it is categorically true, but even if not the amount of kids that have died from Covid is much less than the flu every year. So if we gunna wear masks for Covid, may as well wear them every year October -April

I agree that the risk to elementary school kids is low enough to forego masks.  It would help too if their elders all got vaccinated.

• Like (+1) 1

Scientists at Wuhan lab in COVID probe admitted being bitten by bats: reports

Scientists at the Chinese lab eyed as a possible source of the coronavirus pandemic were previously filmed getting bitten and spattered with blood while handling bats without protection, according to reports.

The state-run TV footage showed researchers at the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) disregarding gloves, masks and other PPE while handling bats and collecting feces in the field, Taiwan News first noted.

https://nypost.com/2021/05/28/scientists-at-wuhan-lab-filmed-being-bitten-by-bats-report/

tenor.gif

59 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Scientists at Wuhan lab in COVID probe admitted being bitten by bats: reports

Scientists at the Chinese lab eyed as a possible source of the coronavirus pandemic were previously filmed getting bitten and spattered with blood while handling bats without protection, according to reports.

The state-run TV footage showed researchers at the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) disregarding gloves, masks and other PPE while handling bats and collecting feces in the field, Taiwan News first noted.

https://nypost.com/2021/05/28/scientists-at-wuhan-lab-filmed-being-bitten-by-bats-report/

tenor.gif

People ask why it matters so much to find out if this lab was the cause of the pandemic. 

It's to prevent this worldwide League of Morons (it's not just these inept Chinese scientists) from doing it again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Propoganda door swings both ways though.

As far as where to go from here, I have evolved my thinking to say that we should open things back up again.  That would be fairest to the vaccinated.  And for the unvaccinated, if you're going to be so pig headed by now that you refuse to be vaccinated, wear masks, etc. then you deserve what you get if you become infected.  Only thing I'd do is still consider masks in elementary schools this fall if kids that age are not eligible for the vaccine by then.

Have a friend , her mother is in a covid coma, lost her uncle as well to covid. She always thought the virus was fake. But told her gotta respect it in the past. Got into argument in the past about it.. But she's cool. Very good friends. Keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers.  Respect  hearing everyone thoughts on this in covid topic. 

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

Yup……and your health insurance will require it also.

Employers Can Require Covid-19 Vaccine Under Federal Law, New Guidance States

Equal Employment Opportunity Commission says federal laws don’t prevent an employer from requiring workers to be inoculated

https://www.wsj.com/articles/employers-can-require-covid-19-vaccine-under-federal-law-new-guidancestates-11622230319?redirect=amp#click=https://t.co/9KtTqmlZ8L

27 minutes ago, Governor said:

Yup……and your health insurance will require it also.

Employers Can Require Covid-19 Vaccine Under Federal Law, New Guidance States

Equal Employment Opportunity Commission says federal laws don’t prevent an employer from requiring workers to be inoculated

https://www.wsj.com/articles/employers-can-require-covid-19-vaccine-under-federal-law-new-guidancestates-11622230319?redirect=amp#click=https://t.co/9KtTqmlZ8L

Oh joy a new source of revenue for lawyers...  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dpberr said:

People ask why it matters so much to find out if this lab was the cause of the pandemic. 

It's to prevent this worldwide League of Morons (it's not just these inept Chinese scientists) from doing it again.

And there is the other point that if the outbreak started in November when three lab workers reportedly checked into a hospital with covid like symptoms and China came clean right away instead of covering it up for three months while it silently started spreading across the globe, how many lives would not have been lost? that’s a pretty big deal. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Oh joy a new source of revenue for lawyers...  

I think it’s really weird that people(my friends included) didn’t see this coming.

Not getting a vaccination was never going to be an option for 99 percent of us.

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

And there is the other point that if the outbreak started in November when three lab workers reportedly checked into a hospital with covid like symptoms and China came clean right away instead of covering it up for three months while it silently started spreading across the globe, how many lives would not have been lost? that’s a pretty big deal. 

It is but my guess is China would just receive a slap on the wrist given how important they are to the world economy.  

• Angry 1

“China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!”

“I spoke with President Xi. We had a great talk. He’s working very hard, I have to say. He’s working very, very hard. And if you can count on the reports coming out of China, that spread has gone down quite a bit. The infection seems to have gone down over the last two days. As opposed to getting larger, it’s actually gotten smaller.”

• Vomit 1