The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

57 minutes ago, Governor said:

Why are you getting all freaked out? I doubt restaurants, etc., would do that for obvious reasons, but places like Verizon, other large companies In sure will have something in place for their own protection.

Remember, that liability protection thing Mitch wanted in the stimulus bills was never included.

I’m not freaked out. I’m very much against having to prove something that is 100% voluntary to go out to eat or get a job.  

11 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Did he beg for credit or ask for just a mention?  Such a confusing Tweet.   I suggest you put down the Twitter feed ya twit. 

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I’m not freaked out. I’m very much against having to prove something that is 100% voluntary to go out to eat or get a job.  

Did he beg for credit or ask for just a mention?  Such a confusing Tweet.   I suggest you put down the Twitter feed ya twit. 

No way, more questions from Jim!

Fox News (and other far right sources that Bonnie shares) demand Biden credit Trump for the vaccines he personally created while also falsely claiming that the vaccines may kill you..

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

No way, more questions from Jim!

Fox News (and other far right sources that Bonnie shares) demand Biden credit Trump for the vaccines he personally created while also falsely claiming that the vaccines may kill you..

Wait so is Trump or Fox News demanding Trump be given credit?  So confusing.  Why I ask so many questions. I’m only trying to follow along. Cut this old man some slack. You damn ageist. 

2 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Here's my problem with all these pronouncements.  And what's more important than what they're saying is what they're not saying.  Taking this last piece of the article,  "it was necessary to keep wearing masks in crowds, when people are near others whose vaccination status they don't know". 

So I got the Moderna vaccine and I am puzzled why the vaccination status of strangers matters to me?  Because the premise behind getting vaccinated against COVID is to not get sick from the COVID virus.  So even if there are un-vaccinated or COVID positive people in "the crowd" if the vaccine works I should not get infected.  So why should I care about the vaccination status of everyone in the crowd as long as I know I am protected?  I've done everything I can to make sure myself and everyone I have a responsibility for is protected to the best of my ability.  I've done my part here.  If others choose not to do that then that's the risk they take and that's their decision.  Free will and the right to choose.  I'm not responsible for them and its not my concern.  

So what are these epidemiologists implying here?  Are they saying the vaccines do not work?  Are they saying I can still carry and incubate the virus in my system even if I am vaccinated and have antibodies in my system that stop the virus from replicating?  Does the vaccine actually stop the virus from replicating or does it simply stop it from producing any of the symptoms of the infection?  We need more information than just opinions, conclusions, and recommendations of epidemiologists.  We need the details on the facts and the information they're using to reach their conclusions.    

They've required vaccinated people to wear masks because while the vaccine protects you, it was previously unknown if it would prevent you from (temporarily) carrying and spreading it to others.  Basic masks are for protecting others, not yourself.

But the early research evidence I have seen shows the vaccine does in fact prevent you from being a spreader.

The CDC has said current evidence is strong enough.  Other epidemiologists might currently disagree.  It'll all work out in time but this is still new science so you'll have more sharply disagreeing opinions.

24 minutes ago, Governor said:

I’m just here for the shaming campaign that was recently launched. 

Trumpers thought everyone would appease them all the way through to the end. Nope! 

PAIN is coming for those folks.

Oh?  

Please explain to us what this means.  

Just a heads up here @TBDSafetyBoard 

My popcorn is ready 

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Correct.  And his "proclamation" yesterday on masks was absolutely disgusting and one of the worst moments in the history of the presidency.  

It did absolutely nothing. 

It was based on nothing.  

There was no stated goal.

And he essentially threatened Americans to get an experimental vaccine for themselves in order to?? (Not clear) and since he didn't say this either but it's safe to imply, that will go for your newborns up thru 15 year olds.

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

What I think would perhaps cut down on some hesitancy would be for President Biden to acknowledge that the previous administration worked hard to get the vaccine we were told would take Yeats to develop and publicly thank him.

And Trump should put out a blog post about how good President Biden is distributing it and encourage everyone to take it.

If they were true leaders and cared about the country instead of getting one over on the other side and the next election, they would.

3 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

What I think would perhaps cut down on some hesitancy would be for President Biden to acknowledge that the previous administration worked hard to get the vaccine we were told would take Yeats to develop and publicly thank him.

And Trump should put out a blog post about how good President Biden is distributing it and encourage everyone to take it.

If they were true leaders and cared about the country instead of getting one over on the other side and the next election, they would.

Oh ok - life and death here and the GQP is obsessed with dear leader's need for constant adulation.

Meanwhile:

Biden receives Covid-19 vaccine, praises Trump's 'Operation Warp Speed'

6 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

just like if all the vaccinated drop dead in five years because of some unforeseen autoimmune response from this failed for decades, never used before mRNA technology and no long term studies...  same thing.. the world will keep spinning. 

I decided to get jabbed, but understand long term is unknown. Not sure I would agree to forcing kids who have little risk to get it. 

Only a sadistic person would force a child against their will