The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

For some of us, returning to pre-COVID life is turning out to be harder than we expected

“Maybe it’s like Stockholm syndrome, except our captor is the coronavirus,” she said. “We’re all so used to the mental and physical havoc it wreaked upon us that any sense of normalcy feels wrong.”

A recent survey by the American Psychological Assn. found that 49% of Americans feel uneasy about adjusting to in-person interactions once the pandemic ends. Similarly, 46% said they don’t feel comfortable going back to their pre-pandemic life.

https://news.yahoo.com/news/us-returning-pre-covid-life-120051678.html#click=https://t.co/hPzTgD1UsY

China:

tenor.gif

Our company had our awards party last night. It’s usually in January but pushed to April due to Covid.  A couple hundred people in a hotel ballroom without masks. This was literally the first time in over 13 months that I shook people’s hands and hugged someone other than my wife. It was glorious! 

Covid home cure pill from Pfizer could be available this year

A single pill home cure for Covid could be available by the end of the year, according to reports.

Pharmaceutical giant Pfizer, whose coronavirus vaccine has been successfully rolled out around the world, has begun human trials of the first pill specifically designed to stop the virus at its buildings in the United States and the European manufacturers’ base in Belgium.

The company, which brought the first US-approved Covid-19 vaccine to market, is conducting the stage one clinical trial on an oral antiviral therapy that a patient could take when they first develop symptoms, which would make it the first oral antiviral treatment of its kind in the world for coronavirus.

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/covid-home-cure-pill-from-pfizer-could-be-available-this-year-971832?ito=smart-news

Everything should be lifted immediately.

We're done here.  

13 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Dr. Fauci now wants you to believe that he’s always said the risk of contracting COVID-19 outside ‘is extremely low’

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/04/25/dr-fauci-now-wants-you-to-believe-that-hes-always-said-the-risk-of-contracting-covid-19-outside-is-extremely-low/

😂

This is being slow rolled out because they essentially cancelled all outdoor activities for a year for zero reason.  

The only sham policy (its not its a recommendation we're dumb enough to still be complying with) left are masks indoors.  

MIT blew that out of the water this week to.

Also....they didn't admit this last year bc Trump would have had rallies of 50K

I don't think it's set in yet how big a deal this is.  For the duped at least. 

Edited by Big Blitz

15 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Ez1QuUHXsAY0jm7?format=jpg&name=medium

They are Vaccinated !!!

They have to show they took it super serious we swear this was not a Chinese led coup against Trump.  Dems happy. Neo Cons happy.  Never again.   

This guy was given air time and taken seriously. 

That got air time. 

Was taken seriously.

HCQ?  That gets banned from social media.  Twitter and FB approved of that guy.   

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

Virus similar to one causing COVID-19 found in UK bats by 22-year-old student

A virus similar to COVID-19 has been found in bats in the UK.

A new coronavirus that is similar to the one behind the COVID-19 pandemic has been found in bats in the UK — though is not currently a threat to humans, according to a report.

The virus, RhGB01, was first discovered by a 22-year-old ecology undergraduate, Ivana Murphy, while collecting bat droppings for her final year dissertation, according to the Times of London.

While it is the first time such a virus has been found in bats in Britain, it is similar to the one behind the pandemic, which is also long thought to have originated in bats, the report noted.

So far, “this UK virus is not a threat to humans,” said Andrew Cunningham of the Zoological Society of London, a co-author of a study on the virus.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/25/virus-similar-to-covid-19-found-in-uk-bats-by-22-year-old/

Keep up the mitigation y'all!!

China rn.....

tenor.gif

On 4/23/2021 at 8:45 AM, oldmanfan said:

Birx should have stood up at that very moment and told the people how stupid an idea it was.

Like shrugging one’s shoulders and pretending protests didn’t cause the spread of the virus, like the Fauch was known to do.  

5 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Our company had our awards party last night. It’s usually in January but pushed to April due to Covid.  A couple hundred people in a hotel ballroom without masks. This was literally the first time in over 13 months that I shook people’s hands and hugged someone other than my wife. It was glorious! 

Sounds like one of those west coast swingers parties that are all the rage with your Miley Cyruses and Jodi Fosters.  

14 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

That's a super spreader event , I'm on the phone to Gavin . Just kidding , I'm so glad this is finally coming to a end 

15 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Hey Chef

Aren’t you in California? Is that where the event was held? 

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Yes. Pasea Hotel in Huntington Beach. 

Good for you guys. This has gone on long enough! As I’ve said a few times, we’ve been back in our offices with an office staff approaching 100 full time employees since June 1st and haven’t had a single incident of any kind. In an effort to be polite, our people in general wear a mask when going to the restrooms but that’s about it.