The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

6 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Ask me in 10 years if it was.

I'm officially in everything is complete bull ***t mode and if you aren't to I feel sorry for you.  

People are dying. 

Two vaccines are on "pause."

The other 2 are EAU only.  

And, we still are being treated like we all have the plague.  

But that 4th of July BBQ with 5 or 6 of your friends.....we super swear it's in reach man.  C'mon.  Here's the deal.  The threat of "needing" the vaccine to live our lives is in and of itself a failure of the human race and the result of the biggest breaches of trust in human history with its government.  

Variants!!!  The variants are coming!  You're already going to need a third shot in 6-12 months of the 2 we think work.   You clearly didn't read President Cardboard Cut Outs update last week.

YEARS.  

Because you're cowards.  

Damn....you are certainly determined to be miserable.....

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TH3 said:

Damn....you are certainly determined to be miserable.....

Nope.

Just embarrassed to be living in a country led by beta males and irrational narcissistic lunatics.  

You know why the minute Trump addressed the nation in March of 2020 and I knew after that address we were all completely f...ed?

It wasn't because I knew the virus was the problem.  

We are.  And we ceded handling that problem over to the government and let fear.....the same fear that gives students a snow day when we get a flurry of 1/2 inch of snow in most of the South.....those people making those decisions to "keep you safe" were now being given complete control over your life you just don't realize it yet.....over a virus they will never stop using to increase their control.    

What do you mean Big Blitz?  Why do you think this way about our society?

Here is why:

CPSC warns owners of Peloton Tread+ with small kids, pets to stop using treadmill

Brett Molina, USA TODAY

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is warning owners of the Peloton Tread+ with small children or pets to stop using the treadmill after the fitness company reported a child's death last month linked to the product.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2021/04/17/serious-risks-cpsc-warns-pelton-tread-danger-after-childs-death/7267545002/

This country as you knew is gone.  

Edited by Big Blitz

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Was always complete and total B.S.

I definitely believe the only thing that may work to limit spread is limiting capacity and preventing people from getting together.  No question.  It's awful policy on anything other then a local level watching for....you know the things that matter like hospitalizations and ICU capacity.  What we were told from the beginning.  You know metrics that didn't include complete eradication of aresolized virus your mask are doing nothing to MAY HELP in your hilarious "Swiss cheese" defense strategy.  You shelter in place let everyone else live.  Hospitalizations become a crisis let us know thanks.  

But since we couldn't shelter in place for long (long is a relative term many are good with this meaning indefinitely)....gotta do something or this country won't fully shelter in place and obey that will take a gradual few years of compliance to achieve that but we'll get there!!   

So the following reasons were why masks were "necessary" in order to allow the folks who won't stand for shelter in place nonsense longer then 15 minutes let alone 15 days..

1. We need to do something 

2. In order to get people out spending money, they will feel safer in masks and if you're in one they will gladly take the risk of a lifetime and go shop at Target

3. If you work at Target and you get Covid.  Target might get sued.  "What did you do to keep your employees safe!?"  Well we deep cleaned for no reason and made people wear masks so not our fault.  

Dumbest health policy in human history.  

Will never ever be admitted to in this decade.  

Edited by Big Blitz

Oregon seeks to keep COVID mask mandate ‘indefinitely’

While some states are reopening businesses or dropping mask mandates altogether, Oregon is bucking the trend — floating an idea to require masks and social distancing indefinitely.

One of the state’s top health officials wants to require masks and social distancing in all businesses indefinitely.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/17/oregon-seeks-to-keep-covid-mask-mandate-indefinitely?utm_source=gmail&utm_campaign=android_nyp

Opponents also are upset government officials won’t say how low Oregon’s COVID-19 case numbers must go, or how many people would have to be vaccinated, to get the requirements lifted in a state that’s already had some of the nation’s strictest safety measures.

“When will masks be unnecessary? What scientific studies do these mandates rely on, particularly now that the vaccine is days away from being available to everyone?” said state Sen. Kim Thatcher, a Republican from Keizer, near the state’s capital. “Businesses have had to play ‘mask cop’ for the better part of a year now. They deserve some certainty on when they will no longer be threatened with fines.”

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-oregon-6f7f919d27644d02c330da5a8648af95

tenor.gif

7 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Nope.

Just embarrassed to be living in a country led by beta males and irrational narcissistic lunatics.  

You know why the minute Trump addressed the nation in March of 2020 and I knew after that address we were all completely f...ed?

It wasn't because I knew the virus was the problem.  

We are.  And we ceded handling that problem over to the government and let fear.....the same fear that gives students a snow day when we get a flurry of 1/2 inch of snow in most of the South.....those people making those decisions to "keep you safe" were now being given complete control over your life you just don't realize it yet.....over a virus they will never stop using to increase their control.    

What do you mean Big Blitz?  Why do you think this way about our society?

Here is why:

CPSC warns owners of Peloton Tread+ with small kids, pets to stop using treadmill

Brett Molina, USA TODAY

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is warning owners of the Peloton Tread+ with small children or pets to stop using the treadmill after the fitness company reported a child's death last month linked to the product.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2021/04/17/serious-risks-cpsc-warns-pelton-tread-danger-after-childs-death/7267545002/

This country as you knew is gone.  

The country in your paranoia .....un pllug dude and go play outside

4 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I definitely believe the only thing that may work to limit spread is limiting capacity and preventing people from getting together.  No question.  It's awful policy on anything other then a local level watching for....you know the things that matter like hospitalizations and ICU capacity.  What we were told from the beginning.  You know metrics that didn't include complete eradication of aresolized virus your mask are doing nothing to MAY HELP in your hilarious "Swiss cheese" defense strategy.  You shelter in place let everyone else live.  Hospitalizations become a crisis let us know thanks.  

But since we couldn't shelter in place for long (long is a relative term many are good with this meaning indefinitely)....gotta do something or this country won't fully shelter in place and obey that will take a gradual few years of compliance to achieve that but we'll get there!!   

So the following reasons were why masks were "necessary" in order to allow the folks who won't stand for shelter in place nonsense longer then 15 minutes let alone 15 days..

2. In order to get people out spending money, they will feel safer in masks and if you're in one they will gladly take the risk of a lifetime and go shop at Target

3. If you work at Target and you get Covid.  Target might get sued.  "What did you do to keep your employees safe!?"  Well we deep cleaned for no reason and made people wear masks so not our fault.  

I could post rebuttals as well as do my own to this article.  It ignores the fact that the virus is spread primarily by droplets and aerosols and not as free virus.  It ignores that the studies of hypoxia involve only N95 masks.  And so on.  But you have made it abundantly clear you don’t care about actual science and want to wallow in self-pity.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Anecdote time.

I cure my own sausages.  I spray them with a bacteria.  It's a "good" bacteria designed to protect the sausages from "bad" bacteria.  That's the white mold you see on certain cured meat.  When they are fully cured the mold his too much so I wipe it off.  I noticed I was getting congested after doing that.  Mold in your lungs is very scary.  So 2020 rolls around and I have all sorts of masks to use.  I had two batches done over two weekends.  I wear my cheap blue "paper" mask one week.  Chest is congested.  Week two I switch to my dense cloth mask.  Guess what?  Chest was congested. So my little experiment shows masks may not work?  

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I could post rebuttals as well as do my own to this article.  It ignores the fact that the virus is spread primarily by droplets and aerosols and not as free virus.  It ignores that the studies of hypoxia involve only N95 masks.  And so on.  But you have made it abundantly clear you don’t care about actual science and want to wallow in self-pity.

Explain my story.  

Attention Mark Poloncarz and the rest of low info America:

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Nah just see the post above I follow data and logic not emotions.  

Edited by Big Blitz

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Attention Mark Poloncarz and the rest of low info America:

Nah just see the post above I follow data and logic not emotions.  

1918.  Spanish Flu just "went away" due to herd immunity.  Everyone either got it or died from it.  We are not achieving herd immunity.   I predict by fall it will essentially be gone.  "Everyone" will have gotten Covid or been vaccinated. 

The "This will all be over by September of 2020 AND well, oops, ok we meant will all be over by September of 2021" crowd is awfully quiet.  

Must be really enjoying that 25% capacity life.  

It will unfortunately sink in for them by September of 2024 that they were complicit in the insurrection that officially ended life as they knew it.  

The goal posts will have moved so far they're going to be defending why social credit scores like they have in China are fine, that Covid-22 has long term effects we don't understand, and it's just a mask it's no big deal to have to wear it for the next decade.  It's a small sacrifice for the greater good.  

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

1918.  Spanish Flu just "went away" due to herd immunity.  Everyone either got it or died from it.  We are not achieving herd immunity.   I predict by fall it will essentially be gone.  "Everyone" will have gotten Covid or been vaccinated. 

You can keep saying it but H1N1 never went away and SARS-Cov-2 is still different, just like I pointed out before. 

1 minute ago, Sundancer said:

You can keep saying it but H1N1 never went away and SARS-Cov-2 is still different, just like I pointed out before. 

I’m not referring to specific virus. Why did the Spanish flu cases drop dramatically (better)?