The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

9 minutes ago, ALF said:

1918 Pandemic (H1N1 virus)

The number of deaths was estimated to be at least 50 million worldwide with about 675,000 occurring in the United States.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1918-pandemic-h1n1.html

Hard to imagine the US might surpass that grim number even with a massive advance in medical science.

You are aware that the US population was WAY WAY LOWER in 1918 right? 

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You are aware that the US population was WAY WAY LOWER in 1918 right? 

You are aware medical science in the US is exponentially higher today then in 1918 right?

9 minutes ago, ALF said:

You mean we don't have an effective vaccine today ?

No we have no way to stop a spread while we work on a vaccine.  Mother Nature's a B word and human's are arrogant. 

And developing a vaccine is a medical advancement?  :doh:

BTW very cool site I just found. Love the timeline.

https://www.historyofvaccines.org/timeline#EVT_18

Edited by Chef Jim

18 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

No we have no way to stop a spread while we work on a vaccine.  Mother Nature's a B word and human's are arrogant. 

And developing a vaccine is a medical advancement?  :doh:

BTW very cool site I just found. Love the timeline.

https://www.historyofvaccines.org/timeline#EVT_18

Vaccines are one of the great medical advancements in history.

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Polio is not ancient history just as an example.  HPV as another.  Meningitis as another.  I could go on.

Come on man.  You can go further back than that.  Vaccines are nothing new just new things to vaccinate. 

23 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Come on man.  You can go further back than that.  Vaccines are nothing new just new things to vaccinate. 

Sure I can.  If Washington hadn’t had his troops vaccinated for smallpox we’d still be ruled by a queen.  So what?  Vaccines have saved probably billions of people from disease and death.  They will save folks from Covid.

15 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Sure I can.  If Washington hadn’t had his troops vaccinated for smallpox we’d still be ruled by a queen.  So what?  Vaccines have saved probably billions of people from disease and death.  They will save folks from Covid.

My point of vaccines not being considered medical advancement still stands.  

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Nonsense

Ask me in 10 years if it was.

I'm officially in everything is complete bull ***t mode and if you aren't to I feel sorry for you.  

People are dying. 

Two vaccines are on "pause."

The other 2 are EAU only.  

And, we still are being treated like we all have the plague.  

But that 4th of July BBQ with 5 or 6 of your friends.....we super swear it's in reach man.  C'mon.  Here's the deal.  The threat of "needing" the vaccine to live our lives is in and of itself a failure of the human race and the result of the biggest breaches of trust in human history with its government.  

Variants!!!  The variants are coming!  You're already going to need a third shot in 6-12 months of the 2 we think work.   You clearly didn't read President Cardboard Cut Outs update last week.

YEARS.  

Because you're cowards.  

Edited by Big Blitz