The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

11 hours ago, B-Man said:

As EVERYONE knew...............

Well isn't that special?

36 minutes ago, 716er said:

They will blame higher covid numbers on border crossings just like they planned.

Yeah, that can't be the reason.  Just like the riots weren't super-spreader events.

2 hours ago, ALF said:

Millions being vaccinated should  compensate for border crossers I would think.

Of course - plus it's total BS - but the agenda has been set and the talking points are already written.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Yeah, that can't be the reason.  Just like the riots weren't super-spreader events.

See.

Football season ends April 1st.  Yes that's correct a full 6 game season is underway here.   

Football season happened here in this state when metrics were worse then they were in September 

No word on how "overwhelmed" our hospitals are. 

Question nothing.  

• Like (+1) 1

The break along "party" lines with this is astounding.

Of course it's highly likely this "Heather" is one of millions of Chinese bots.   

It's possible the mayor is to.  At least on the payroll.  Total team player.      

30 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

"Sir why our we letting illegals in if there is this airborne plague you're terrifying Americans about by telling them not to even hug grandma and nice double mask btw weren't you "vaccinated?"

A deer staring into headlights doesn't look as dumbfounded as Biden looks here. 

The world knows he is a puppet President.

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/8/2021 at 3:40 AM, Doc Brown said:

Just block these people out.  It's a fruitless battle.  The election was stolen from Trump and nothing you say will convince them otherwise.

so i was reading back my conversation and both our points. i may not have put what i was saying well enough and just going through the discussion. then i came across this and it goes to the point i was making.

i can say your right! there is a us and "them" and it is pointless to try and "convince" them.

there are large segments of people that completely trust the info they are fed and manipulated with. those people watch only biased media that confirms them and never give credibility to those that don't. anyone who doesn't agree is not worth the time because they are WRONG no matter what, because you must be all in or out. no in between. 

so which are you?

if you took anytime to read the discussion you may have come across my actual stance. but snap judgments is kind of what "they" do. i won't try to convince you as it was all there to read before you gave advice. ill just leave what i actually said in the discussion you made this comment on that states how i undeniably believe the election was stolen and there's no convincing "them". you and him both seemed to want others to accept your absolutes. i think your the ones who can't be reasoned with because personally i concider this is very reasonable take.

On 3/7/2021 at 8:15 PM, Buffarukus said:

somehow ive been put in the strange position of defending trumps allegations and having to scour the internet for factual proof that he himself has not. that's not what I'm saying and never was my stance. my stance is that there is validity to peoples idea that we have alot of troubling problems in our election system and yes i believe corruption was involved. the overwhelming evidence seems to say that joe biden was elected as presidents but that in no way means that there were not very troubling ways in which that happened. that also does not mean if they were corrected he would not have been. 

not trying to push this subject further, just pointing out what my issue was to begin with. 

Edited by Buffarukus

Covid: Brazil experts issue warning as hospitals 'close to collapse'

More than 80% of intensive care unit beds are occupied in the capitals of 25 of Brazil's 27 states, Fiocruz said.

Experts warn that the highly contagious variant in Brazil may have knock-on effects in the region and beyond.

"Brazil is a threat to humanity," Fiocruz epidemiologist Jesem Orellana told the AFP news agency.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-56342303

Then there is the UK and S. Africa variant . The present vaccine just has to work against these 

Here we go.......your kids are going to be in dystopian distanced schools until September 2022 at minimum...

Oh and masks and distancing for all indefinitely:

“We certainly recommend and encourage families to be comfortable with sending their children to school, but we also realize that there are situations with families — perhaps they have elderly individuals living at home, people with special medical needs, and they’re just not comfortable with their kids returning to school,” Northam said. “We understand that, and the schools will continue to provide virtual learning ... until we get to the point where this pandemic is finally in the rearview mirror.”

Northam said reaching herd immunity in Virginia will eventually require vaccinating children.

Right now, none of the three available vaccines in the U.S. have been tested on children, who were not prioritized in vaccine trials given the low number of cases and little evidence of spread among them.

“That leaves a lot of children that still have yet to be vaccinated,” said Northam, adding that trials for safety and efficacy of the vaccines on children won’t be completed until late this year. “The message here is that it’s going to take a while to reach herd immunity, to get both our adults and children vaccinated, which is what our ultimate goal is.”

https://richmond-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/richmond.com/news/state-and-regional/virginia-officials-update-covid-19-guidance-to-schools-as-more-districts-move-toward-reopening-classrooms/article_7e2f18de-1089-5773-b516-b8cf07f817b1.amp.html?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#aoh=16153883009361&csi=1&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Frichmond.com%2Fnews%2Fstate-and-regional%2Fvirginia-officials-update-covid-19-guidance-to-schools-as-more-districts-move-toward-reopening-classrooms%2Farticle_7e2f18de-1089-5773-b516-b8cf07f817b1.html

Anyone here get that memo on what the goal is now?  Anyone?

No update on hospitalizations or ICUs being overwhelmed.  

This is proof of 12 straight months of lies.  

Confirmed.  

Parents have a right to know what these lunatics are planning for 2021-2022.  

This is a disgrace.  And the American people and fake news press putting up with it are an embarrassment to civilization.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Agree 1

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41577-020-00480-0/tables/1

Fantastic article discussing the major vaccines and this table 1 link really highlights how the US/Europe has the best ones.  Truly impressive Pfizer and Moderna took the extra scientific steps to design a more effective spike protein antigen in such a short time.  Please everyone get the vaccine, I got Moderna, nothing too bad but mostly some transient chills/fever 13-18 hours post-second dose.

This vaccine is nothing more than an mRNA surrounded by nano-lipid (fat) molecules.  Side effects are consistent with a viral immune response and I think Moderna pushed the dose level given the urgent need. Side effects I take as a sign the vaccination was successful the first dose.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ALF said:

Covid: Brazil experts issue warning as hospitals 'close to collapse'

More than 80% of intensive care unit beds are occupied in the capitals of 25 of Brazil's 27 states, Fiocruz said.

Experts warn that the highly contagious variant in Brazil may have knock-on effects in the region and beyond.

"Brazil is a threat to humanity," Fiocruz epidemiologist Jesem Orellana told the AFP news agency.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-56342303

Then there is the UK and S. Africa variant . The present vaccine just has to work against these 

What I'm seeing from lab studies is that the mRNA vaccines that modified the spike protein (pfizer, moderna) are effective against UK, Brazil but lose something like 12 fold effectiveness for the S. Africa variant.  J&J, Novavax have even more S-protein modifications so they may perform better against S. Africa.  Keep in mind that current Russia, China, Astra Zeneca vaccines use the non-modified spike protein and may have decidedly less efficacy.  Supposedly Moderna or Pfizer has already sent FDA a modified vaccine dose they feel will be more effective against the variants.

Not sure if this is different from their next-gen vaccine of the receptor binding domain (RBD) already in clinical trials.

Sorry, no citations, saw this in browsing articles last night and this morning.

• Thank you (+1) 1