The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not in charge. Joe’s back to leading from behind...again. He waved that big document in front of us all. Surely with THREE MONTHS to prepare for the spotlight he’s got more than mandating masks in the post office. Right? 

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

Republicans are trying hard to stop the Covid plan being put into place. They only care about wanting more people to die. Like you see with some fo the people here, happy that people are dieing.

It is disgusting to see happen but hopefully with a majority vote it will be pushed through quickly. 

The only thing is this is most likely hurting the republican party even more, all while infighting is going on in a political party in disarray.

53 minutes ago, TBBills said:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/amazon-vaccine-distribution-assistance-to-trump

Trump's mishandling of the coronavirus vaccinations is what ended up hurting big Companies like Amazon from being able to help like they will now.

This whole thread shows what happens when you get lied to by your government, the republicans in this thread are freaking out b.c they were told over and over the virus would disappear or wasn't even real.

This is the side effect of a lie being told to them by a republican government and drilled into their heads.

28 minutes ago, ALF said:

Just move to a  Republican State that has no restrictions at all .

Been telling that to liberals for years about the left coast.  

It's a utopian dream land.  

Fyi.....100s of thousands have done just that from NYC and CA alone.  

Joe Rogan

Oracle 

Elon Musk 

Ben Shapiro 

Just off the top of my head....them and their business and jobs.....out.

Edited by Big Blitz

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Joe Rogan

Oracle 

Elon Musk 

Ben Shapiro 

Trust me when I say we here in Florida have enough crazy to deal with. Stay in your prison in your head.

3 hours ago, TBBills said:

Trust me when I say we here in Florida have enough crazy to deal with. Stay in your prison in your head.

I've often wondered where you're from TB. Am I correct it stands for Tampa Bay?

As I've reported for months, everyone's perception of Covid response is very much so impacted on their personal experience where they live. I can tell you that mine's been effected by living in Southern California, where everyone has been fully masked for almost a year now.  You're hard pressed to find anyone not wearing one, with the exception of when they are out walking alone on a trail somewhere, and even then more than half of the people you run into are wearing them.  There is NO WAY you're getting into a California store without a mask...and that's been true since April 2020.

Is that not your experience in Tampa?

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I've often wondered where you're from TB. Am I correct it stands for Tampa Bay?

As I've reported for months, everyone's perception of Covid response is very much so impacted on their personal experience where they live. I can tell you that mine's been effected by living in Southern California, where everyone has been fully masked for almost a year now.  You're hard pressed to find anyone not wearing one, with the exception of when they are out walking alone on a trail somewhere, and even then more than half of the people you run into are wearing them.  There is NO WAY you're getting into a California store without a mask...and that's been true since April 2020.

Is that not your experience in Tampa?

Yes but I hardly seen anyone wearing them properly. Most of the time people like to do the mouth cover nose exposed I have seen the most...

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

Yes but I hardly seen anyone wearing them properly. Most of the time people like to do the mouth cover nose exposed I have seen the most...

Not here TB. We have the exact opposite. Everyone is masked, and if you aren't you'll get a dirty stare from someone, for sure.  And with all of that going on, we have tons of cases, etc.

5 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Joe Rogan

Oracle 

Elon Musk 

Ben Shapiro 

Here is the safe place you crave

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You would never, ever see that in California.  In fact, I am honestly amazed.  I haven't seen a store look like that in almost a year.  And yet.....as I'm sure you know, we have tons and tons of cases.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Best run state in America.

Tell that schmuck "reporter" to start asking the correct questions.  He should try that once in a while.  To get the answers we've been lacking for let's see.....going on Dayyyyyyyy......320? of 15 days to slow the spread now?

And lol "on a massive scale."  Go you know what yourself you friggin moron.  One of those questions should be "what has made your state so successful as compared to California, where you can't do anything without permission from the Governor?"

@NBCPravda

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You would never, ever see that in California.  In fact, I am honestly amazed.  I haven't seen a store look like that in almost a year.  And yet.....as I'm sure you know, we have tons and tons of cases.

There is a lot of fatigue from folks given this has gone on for almost a year now.  I live in Indiana, and was driving back from Kentucky a month ago.  I stopped to get gas and was going to run in to the convenience store to get a drink.  There were a dozen folks in there; one was wearing a mask and not doing so correctly.  

This virus is highly contagious, and the variants may be even more so.  It doesn't take much of a screw up for infection to occur.

23 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Best run state in America.

Tell that schmuck "reporter" to start asking the correct questions.  He should try that once in a while.  To get the answers we've been lacking for let's see.....going on Dayyyyyyyy......320? of 15 days to slow the spread now?

And lol "on a massive scale."  Go you know what yourself you friggin moron.  One of those questions should be "what has made your state so successful as compared to California, where you can't do anything without permission from the Governor?"

@NBCPravda

Yeah I trust Florida's numbers like I would trust Trump with a teenage girl.

Tell me why Florida fired and arrested data scientist Rebekah Jones? Just because she refused to manipulate COVID-19 numbers on the Department of Health's website?

Gullible AF.

Edited by BillStime

34 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

There is a lot of fatigue from folks given this has gone on for almost a year now.  I live in Indiana, and was driving back from Kentucky a month ago.  I stopped to get gas and was going to run in to the convenience store to get a drink.  There were a dozen folks in there; one was wearing a mask and not doing so correctly.  

This virus is highly contagious, and the variants may be even more so.  It doesn't take much of a screw up for infection to occur.

Well ***** my uncle. Us Kantuckyains don’t believe in yer fancy dancy city vyrusses.

8 hours ago, BillStime said:

Oh please - you can give two schitts about anyone else but your self. 

Move to Florida if you’re not happy. 

Y'all keep saying this, but are you aware that COVID deaths per 100,000 are about 1/2 of what they are in more enlightened states like NY and NJ.  And FL has a large elderly population.

NJ is first at 246.  NY is 226, MA is 213 rounding out the top 3.

Meanwhile, FL is 125 and Texas at 130.

The best is Vermont at 28.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109011/coronavirus-covid19-death-rates-us-by-state/

FL is also #24 in cases per 100,000. Not like they're way worse as is often depicted.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109004/coronavirus-covid19-cases-rate-us-americans-by-state/

Edited by reddogblitz

27 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Y'all keep saying this, but are you aware that COVID deaths per 100,000 are about 1/2 of what they are in more enlightened states like NY and NJ.  And FL has a large elderly population.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109011/coronavirus-covid19-death-rates-us-by-state/

FL is also #24 in cases per 100,000. Not like they're way worse as is often depicted.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109004/coronavirus-covid19-cases-rate-us-americans-by-state/

Does density play a role in the transmission of this virus?

Just curious.

27 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

If I learned anything about crises, it’s that politicians and their media sycophants never let facts get in the way of a good narrative..  

at some point I really hope someone figures out why the US is one of the worst covid countries in the world. I’ve seen masks and distancing everywhere for almost a year. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Do you not think Miami, Tampa Bay, Pensacola, Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio are not  dense?

Just curious.

Check it out:

https://www.governing.com/archive/population-density-land-area-cities-map.html

Nothing is DENSE in Texas, btw.

And regarding Florida - bring in an independent forensic auditor to review the data - I don't believe ONE THING coming out of that state.  A simple google search should help you out.

asdf.JPG

51 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Almost as if Government mandates are useless.  

The locality and the people can handle it.

Maybe letting it circulate among the young did speed up herd immunity.

But who am I to play with mother nature and think keeping everyone home indefinitely away from all germs and bacteria may just have been a terrible idea.    

17 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Check it out:

https://www.governing.com/archive/population-density-land-area-cities-map.html

Nothing is DENSE in Texas, btw.

And regarding Florida - bring in an independent forensic auditor to review the data - I don't believe ONE THING coming out of that state.  A simple google search should help you out.

asdf.JPG

Thanks for the link. Interesting.

Density probably plays a facor.

New York's stats are under investigation as well. 

Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Tampa, and Miami are all in the top 100.  

Edited by reddogblitz