The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

16 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Check it out:

https://www.governing.com/archive/population-density-land-area-cities-map.html

Nothing is DENSE in Texas, btw.

And regarding Florida - bring in an independent forensic auditor to review the data - I don't believe ONE THING coming out of that state.  A simple google search should help you out.

asdf.JPG

Do you believe New York State's Nursing Home data?

Lolol you cited State Run Google.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Eyeroll 1

10 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Do you believe New York State's Nursing Home data?

Lolol you cited State Run Google.  

I do not trust the NY States Nursing Home data but with that said - I don't think Cuomo acted maliciously ON PURPOSE to F over our elderly. Very unfortunate situation that will haunt Cuomo for the rest of his life.

With that said - based on your arguments that you expound here every day - didn't Cuomo make the right decision in your opinion?  Like who are you "to play with Mother Nature?"

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

There is a lot of fatigue from folks given this has gone on for almost a year now.  I live in Indiana, and was driving back from Kentucky a month ago.  I stopped to get gas and was going to run in to the convenience store to get a drink.  There were a dozen folks in there; one was wearing a mask and not doing so correctly.  

This virus is highly contagious, and the variants may be even more so.  It doesn't take much of a screw up for infection to occur.

It is amazing how any real dialogue on here immediately spins out of control.  Once again, out here in California, everyone wears masks, and as correctly as would be expected unless you sewed it to their face...and yet Los Angeles County is awash with both cases, and fatalities. So short of locking everything down completely, we appear to be fighting a losing battle....or at least not winning one any time soon.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

It is amazing how any real dialogue on here immediately spins out of control.  Once again, out here in California, everyone wears masks, and as correctly as would be expected unless you sewed it to their face...and yet Los Angeles County is awash with both cases, and fatalities. So short of locking everything down completely, we appear to be fighting a losing battle....or at least not winning one any time soon.

It's just easier to make believe that the Pandemic Response team would have solved all our problems.  Because they did such a great job preparing us...

9 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Republicans... They screwed up horribly.

Tampa.....we've gone over this. I live in the State of California that has a super-majority of Democratic rule across the entire State House and Governors Office.  That means that Republicans have no power to do anything.  And yet, California has tons and tons of cases, and thousands and thousands of deaths.

21 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Republicans... They screwed up horribly.

Barry's admin is to blame for not replenishing the PPE after H1N1 despite 5 years to do so.  Same with with driving medical supply to China with Obamacare.  Those were devastating mistakes leading Fauci to have to lie about masks and then reverse course, adding even more confusion and suspicion.

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Barry's admin is to blame for not replenishing the PPE after H1N1 despite 5 years to do so.  Same with with driving medical supply to China with Obamacare.  Those were devastating mistakes leading Fauci to have to lie about masks and then reverse course, adding even more confusion and suspicion.

Wrong China bought everything and shipped it over when the pandemic began in January. Than Trump bought it all back for 3x the price. He let them buy up and ship all our stuff to China.

14 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Tampa.....we've gone over this. I live in the State of California that has a super-majority of Democratic rule across the entire State House and Governors Office.  That means that Republicans have no power to do anything.  And yet, California has tons and tons of cases, and thousands and thousands of deaths.

The republicans were in charge in the White House.

Edited by TBBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

Masks never ever ever ever and will never ever work to do squat against covid.

By late April last year they decided that when we "reopen" (meaning we're half closed), the only way to get Karen to go out and spend money was she/he needed to feel safe. 

How do you do that with an aresolized virus?

Masks!  If we're all wearing them, Karen will feel much safer vacationing in Puerto Rico and shopping at Express. 

We were at peak mask in September.  Peak compliance.  Boom!  Look at that outbreak that followed proportionally in every single state -- and then miraculously, all started to plummet in every single state.  

We all must be masking and slacking with masks at the exact same time.  Fascinating!

Oh P.S....

The masks will be necessary for petrified Karen to continue shopping for the next 3 years bc the vaccine you think works only lessens symptoms......so it's still out there and can kill.  Not as many as before but if you could just save 1.....1 life.....why wouldn't you mask and distance up?

Embrace the suck people.  You have no idea.  

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

The republicans were in charge in the White House.

Here's a novel idea.  Maybe its both of theirs fault?  Obama for not re stocking before leaving office, and Trump for not stocking up once he got in.  If it had hit in 2015 we'd have been in the same boat PPE wise.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Here's a novel idea.  Maybe its both of theirs fault?  Obama for not re stocking before leaving office, and Trump for not stocking up once he got in.  If it had hit in 2015 we'd have been in the same boat PPE wise.

I disagree.  You replace it ASAP/when it's fresh on everyone's minds (especially when you realize you got lucky) because you never know when the next pandemic will hit.  I can't fathom the justification for leaving it for another administration, much less in 5 years, to address. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Obama told him to refill it and Trump doesn't believe in sickness so he didn't.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TBBills said:

Obama told him to refill it and Trump doesn't believe in sickness so he didn't.

"Hey Don, we didn't bother to restock the PPE we used-up 6 years ago.  Go refill it."

🙄

• Dislike 1

Yikes...you guys! (and gals) My point about California being 100% in Democratic control has NOTHING to do with our national stockpile of PPE. Neither a surplus or lack of such supplies has had ANYTHING to do with our current case count or fatalities! We’re doing everything that the Left wants done here...and still we have the Biden Virus. So now what Joe?

16 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yikes...you guys! (and gals) My point about California being 100% in Democratic control has NOTHING to do with our national stockpile of PPE. Neither a surplus or lack of such supplies has had ANYTHING to do with our current case count or fatalities! We’re doing everything that the Left wants done here...and still we have the Biden Virus. So now what Joe?

You really thought it would go away with masks? That sounds like a classic case of Trumpism... Thinking it will just go away.

Lol "It didn't do what I thought so it must not work" ignorance at it's best.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, TBBills said:

You really thought it would go away with masks? That sounds like a classic case of Trunpism... Thinking it will just go away.

And ...we move the goal posts once again. So now masks aren’t the answer? What page of Joe’s Big Plan is that on? 

• Like (+1) 1