The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

On 1/23/2021 at 4:03 AM, TBBills said:

See you been lied to by the Trump administration, and now you are seeing the shock of what the truth does. 

It sucks that the opposition had to give it to you. 

The last 2 months of what the republican party has done to this country during this pandemic will never be forgotten and the truth is coming out. 

Talk about being told to suppress facts and information which fooled poor twitter whores like my friend here.

Joe lied. He had a “plan.”

Where’s the plan?

Edited by FireChans

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/deborah-birx-covid-response-team-trump-white-house/

Imagine having something kill 400,000 Americans and not devoting a full time response team!

"There was no team, full-time team in the White House working on coronavirus," she told "Face the Nation," adding that she did ask for more staff. Birx noted she had "one incredible support person" named Tyler Ann McGuffee who helped make sure that she was at meetings on time and did not miss emails.

23 hours ago, FireChans said:

Joe lied. He had a “plan.”

Where’s the plan?

Dude. It’s right here: https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/National-Strategy-for-the-COVID-19-Response-and-Pandemic-Preparedness.pdf

Its been available. You can read it.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm starting to wonder how long this whole vaccination thing will take.  I did a little math.

There are approximately 330,000,000 people in America. 

70% of 330,000,000 is 231,000,000.

Everyone needs 2 shots, so 462,000,000 will need to be done.

President Biden promises to do 1,000,000 a day for 100 days.  (We've been doing approximately 1,000,000 per day the last 2 weeks.) Fauci says by September we should have it.

So that means we would have 100,000,000 done by May 1.  

That leaves 362,000,000 in the following 4 months.  Almost 4 times the amount of the first 100 days..

I hope it works (I want to be at the home opener) but the math is a little fuzzy at the moment.

5 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I'm starting to wonder how long this whole vaccination thing will take.  I did a little math.

President Biden promises to do 1,000,000 a day for 100 days.  (We've been doing approximately 1,000,000 per day the last 2 weeks.) Fauci says by September we should have it.

That leaves 362,000,000 in the following 4 months.  Almost 4 times the amount of the first 100 days..

I hope it works (I want to be at the home opener) but the math is a little fuzzy at the moment.

No doubt but the highest risk people are off the board so hospitalization should go off a cliff soon. And add weather and summer will provide a deep repreive. 

In many states they have administered more doses than they recorded pcr positives. A meaningless but interesting milestone. 

7 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Don’t forget in that 365 M is kids who I don’t believe have been approved to get it yet.

• Like (+1) 1

Yes, isn’t it great that President Trump did the hard work of getting the private sector organized, mobilized and authorized to get us all a working vaccine so that President Biden can do the really tough job of taking all the credit for it. Nice job Joe!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yes, isn’t it great that President Trump did the hard work of getting the private sector organized, mobilized and authorized to get us all a working vaccine so that President Biden can do the really tough job of taking all the credit for it. Nice job Joe!

Amazing accomplishment while his political enemies attempted to destroy him and incite violence by claiming the election was illegitimate.  

5 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Hard work is golfing in the eyes of republicans apparently.

On 1/26/2021 at 12:21 AM, reddogblitz said:

That's why the J&J vaccine is so important.  If their "one shot" vaccination is proved safe and approved they'll have at least 100 million doses available by June.  I'm hoping this thread is a distant memory by the end of this summer.

• Like (+1) 2

Well into 2022...

Joe Biden Revises Promise: Enough Vaccines for 300 Million Americans by Early Fall

President Joe Biden clarified Tuesday that he expected the delivery of enough vaccine doses for 300 million Americans by early fall.

On Monday, Biden told a reporter that enough vaccines would be available for every American who wanted one in the spring.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/01/26/joe-biden-revises-promise-enough-vaccines-for-300-million-americans-by-early-fall/

Can they just tell us please that mitigation distancing and all that means is indefinite. 

I can't take the looks on my kids faces anymore as I had to tell them AGAIN that we are still full virtual into March.  The Unions here are saying now the vaccine isn't enough.....the metrics are to high and its still in the community.  The teachers don't feel safe.  

School year is over.  That's it.  1 and 1/2 year of education gone.  And it's going to be the same ***t in September.  If you still don't understand this I want to know what you're smoking.   

Edited by Big Blitz

16 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Well into 2022...

Joe Biden Revises Promise: Enough Vaccines for 300 Million Americans by Early Fall

President Joe Biden clarified Tuesday that he expected the delivery of enough vaccine doses for 300 million Americans by early fall.

On Monday, Biden told a reporter that enough vaccines would be available for every American who wanted one in the spring.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/01/26/joe-biden-revises-promise-enough-vaccines-for-300-million-americans-by-early-fall/

Again.  The J&J vaccine approval will most likely be the determining factor in whether we're back to life as normal by fall and I'm optimistic based off preliminary results.  I don't really understand this fatalistic attitude you have unless you're just venting.  I agree that schools should be fully open right now but am much more optimistic that they will be this fall.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The Biden Virus took another 4,000 American souls yesterday. A full week into his presidency and with months to prepare a response it appears the new President is incapable of slowing the spread or bending the curve. Nice job Joe!

Hang in there SoTear Deek! Joe knows not what he’s doing, let alone where he’s at.  They’ll figure it out by 2022ish, when Emperor Harris is installed.

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Again.  The J&J vaccine approval will most likely be the determining factor in whether we're back to life as normal by fall and I'm optimistic based off preliminary results.  I don't really understand this fatalistic attitude you have unless you're just venting.  I agree that schools should be fully open right now but am much more optimistic that they will be this fall.

I think it’s simply a reflection of a full year plus of restrictions for some but not for all, a reliance on the science mandated for some but not all, government fingers in the pie destroying some businesses and not others, and a recognition that the absolute safest place to be during this virus is to be In the employ of those pulling the lockdown strings.  Everyone else must fend for themselves. 

From a leadership perspective, a good start would be for Biden to implore teachers unions to do the right thing by the children and communities they serve to get the children back in school.   Or, appeal directly to the teachers to bypass the unions and show up to the classroom.  There are many, many teachers who believe it’s past time to do so, but are likely fearful of going against the grain. 

It’s difficult to be positive when your back is against the wall, your children are suffering and govt is dicking around.

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

16 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

You wanted President Trump to personally drop his vaccine at your house? You clearly have never run anything. 

The more we find out about Trump and how he tried to hide information from the people of America and the lack of anything he did to help is all that matters.