The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No one wants to admit that! But the thing is, Republicans are so dishonest, why should anyone believe you? 

What motivation could I possibly have to lie? I'm kinda doing my own party thing these days.

I've always wanted to be commander in chief of my one man army

• Dislike 1

Here we go!!!!

Fast-spreading COVID variant can elude immune responses

Evidence is growing that some coronavirus variants could evade immune responses triggered by vaccines and previous infections. Researchers are trying to make sense of a tsunami of lab studies released this week that raise concerns about some emerging variants and mutations.

“Some of the data I’ve seen in the last 48 hours have really scared me,” says Daniel Altmann, an immunologist at Imperial College London, who worries that some of results could portend a reduction in the effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines.

These experiments showed that 501Y.V2 contains mutations that blunt the effects of neutralizing antibodies that recognize two key regions of spike: its receptor-binding and N-terminal domains. Pseudoviruses with the full package of 501Y.V2 mutations were fully resistant to convalescent serum from 21 out of 44 participants, and were partly resistant to the vast majority of people’s sera, Moore’s team found.

There is now proof of several reinfections with 501Y.V2 in South Africa, says de Oliveira. It seems increasingly likely that the variant’s ability to spread in places hit hard by earlier waves of COVID-19 is being driven, in part, by its capacity to evade immune responses that developed in response to earlier versions of the virus.

“It becomes virtually inescapable that that’s what’s happening,” says Bieniasz, noting that variants identified in Brazil and the United Kingdom carry some of the same spike mutations...

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00121-z

Lockdown forever.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

From the article:

"Critics have widely asserted that the CDC fumbled key decisions during the coronavirus scourge because then-President Donald Trump and his administration meddled in the agency’s operations and muzzled internal experts. The matter is now the subject of a congressional inquiry. Yet Reuters has found new evidence that the CDC’s response to the pandemic also was marred by actions - or inaction - by the agency’s career scientists and frontline staff."

Full article

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-cdc-response-speci-idUSKBN29R1E7?utm_source=reddit.com

Edited by TSOL

8 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Wow.  Just wow.  I mean f....ing wow 

See you been lied to by the Trump administration, and now you are seeing the shock of what the truth does. 

It sucks that the opposition had to give it to you. 

The last 2 months of what the republican party has done to this country during this pandemic will never be forgotten and the truth is coming out. 

Talk about being told to suppress facts and information which fooled poor twitter whores like my friend here.

Edited by TBBills

Things are clearly on the mend. Only 3,900 dead Americans yesterday. Way to go Joe. Your administration has kept another campaign promise and slowed the spread, bent the curve, etc, etc, and still had time left over to layoff American workers, lower wages, raise the price of gas, and put in place a mask mandate inside my local post office. Time for a nap! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

10 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Things are clearly on the mend. Only 3,900 dead Americans yesterday. Way to go Joe. Your administration has kept another campaign promise and slowed the spread, bent the curve, etc, etc, and still had time left over to layoff American workers, lower wages, raise the price of gas, and put in place a mask mandate inside my local post office. Time for a nap! 

You posting this shows you know nothing.

Aren't you glad Trump did all that to you? If only Trump had gotten ***** under control quicker you wouldn't be in this thread crying about this.

Edited by TBBills

Looks like Uncle Joe caught a break! The weekend reporting came just in time. Only 3,400 Americans died yesterday from his virus. Still more than on 9/11 but what’s a few hundred dead citizens when according to Chuck and Nancy you’ve got a country to change. Besides, we can always replace them with a steady supply of impoverished Hondurans. Well done Joe!

Remember when the republicans in this thread were saying "Flu is worse" "This is nothing" 

Trump kills people even when he isn't in office.

Best part is now they are the ones bumping this thread crying about the deaths... Maybe next time don't blindly follow your political party and believe that the virus would disappear.

Edited by TBBills

Lolol Nate.  We told you this in April.

They're going to be doing bastardized hybrid fake learning (or full virtual) in September to probably well into 2022 and beyond.  

You stood down and all let it happen.  Teachers slit their own throats.  

No one has any clue what's coming.

At least Biden has a plan....oh check that no he doesn't.

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Lolol Nate.  We told you this in April.

So far Biden in his first few days did more than Trump did in his first 9 months of the virus.

Exactly Trump really screwed these kids and schools.

Trump might have done this on purpose since we know that the less educated are more likely to be brainwashed by Trump to allow him to make his third party he has been talking about. 

This all fits Big Blitz, keep the info coming. The more damning information we get on Trump the better.

Edited by TBBills