The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Biden and his unity tour blaming the "lack of federal response" for the outbreak.  

A statement that will never be fact checked but would have 7000 outlets doing so had Trump said this.  

Per the NY Times:

Screenshot_20210121-155217_NYTimes.jpg

We are about to see what Biden can do with a global pandemic that has brought every country in the world to it's knees. He is talking the talk, anow I'm interested to see him and his adminstration walk the walk. 

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Biden and his unity tour blaming the "lack of federal response" for the outbreak.  

A statement that will never be fact checked but would have 7000 outlets doing so had Trump said this.  

Per the NY Times:

Screenshot_20210121-155217_NYTimes.jpg

I suppose lying to unite is better than lying to divide, but I still prefer just telling the truth like he did.  Would we be better off if Biden said it's just the flu, it'll disappear in a month like magic, and wear a mask/don't wear a mask???

3 minutes ago, TSOL said:

We are about to see what Biden can do with a global pandemic that has brought every country in the world to it's knees. He is talking the talk, anow I'm interested to see him and his adminstration walk the walk. 

You can look at his 198 page plan he put out on day 2 instead of golfing, and whining about losing on WhiteHouse.gov

8 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I heard he's going to make everyone on Federal property wear a mask.  

That's another example of using politics to deal with this, not science.  I'd like to know why they weren't in double masks yesterday.  Not that I watched because I have a distanced life but that's what I was told.  

Only 290 million more people to vaccinate (that may or may not work) in order to get to the Fauci goal post moving 90% herd immunity goal.  Which means you'll be mitigating well into 2022---we don't how long it lasts you know....lol jokes on you people that won't ask...we'll have to go a full year plus to be sure it's at least a year.  

Enjoy it people.  Enjoy not watching your kids live normal lives and miss out on their parents and friends attending their indoor activities.  They do have several childhoods so maybe next time.  

So our kids cannot go back to "normal" lives and miss out on their parents, grandparents, and friends hanging out. This is the whining legacy of America, the country that used to be able to pride themselves on toughing out rough times? 

The virus really doesn't care about your comforts, your fun, your opinions, or your ability to go back to normal. It simply spreads where there is an opportunity for it to do so, it kills some, leaves some the walking wounded, and others recover. When it overwhelms an area and their healthcare resources the whole area has to go back to lock-down measures because of the lax or irresponsible efforts of the viral flat-earthers.

Not sure what there is to gain by politicizing the fact that Biden (who has clearly stressed combating this pandemic) removed his mask while he delivered the nation's inaugural address well away from the masked dignitaries behind him. He is vaccinated too. Admittedly, the jury is still out on whether that prevents someone from becoming a vector for the virus, but it probably does lower the risk. Either way, what is your point?

And demonizing Fauci. Why?

Because of Trump?

Trump, who is quite literally one of the dumbest humans I have ever heard speak about the body and medical therapies, who was advocating an unproven malaria treatment that Fox News and some hack Simone Gold promoted over and over? Trump who suggested ingesting bleach or somehow irradiating our innards with sunshine, and finally decided to turn to the expert advise of a radiologist (you know, the guys that went to school to look at x-rays, MRIs, and PET scans) for his Covid-19 strategies? 

Trump who did contract Covid-19 and then was treated with top-notch off-label drugs and some that were still under clinical trials for his infection as a response to a "compassionate use" exception requests by his doctors? A cynical part of me wishes his doctors just gave him 3 choices hydroxychloroquine, a bottle of bleach, or a room with some sun light and see how well he fared.

Fauci, who graduated top of his class from Cornell and served under 6 presidents, was literally forced to combat Covid-19 strapped down with this level of medical and scientific incompetence. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/07/16/anthony-fauci-built-truce-trump-is-destroying-it/?arc404=true&utm_campaign=wp_week_in_ideas&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_ideas

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1

"Giddy guys.....look how giddy....hahaha."

As I'm supposed to take this super virus that's killed 400K(allegedly) seriously.  But hey look how much fun Fauci is having!!!

Bwahahahaha......bwahahaha....400K dead (allegedly).....

The important thing is Fauci's happiness.  

Sick sick sick freaking people.  

• Dislike 1

A Republican proposed a policy, I agree with. Props to Rep. Steve Stivers (R., Ohio).

He wants to change the proposed $1,400 stimulus. Instead of having it go to people based on income, it would go to anyone who gets the vaccine.

I can get behind that. It’ll motivate  people to get it and hopefully make the anti-vaxers get it as well.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

A Republican proposed a policy, I agree with. Props to Rep. Steve Stivers (R., Ohio).

He wants to change the proposed $1,400 stimulus. Instead of having it go to people based on income, it would go to anyone who gets the vaccine.

I can get behind that. It’ll motivate  people to get it and hopefully make the anti-vaxers get it as well.

Good idea.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TBBills said:

Some sick people on this forum that want the virus to kill many more people just to save face on their own political party. 

Disgusting the posts you read how some people are doing this...

Another 4,000 deaths up on the tote board for Uncle Joe. 

And what was Joe doing yesterday? Opening our borders to illegal aliens and laying off American workers. Nice!

5 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

In many states they are circling the drain waiting for "front line" workers to sign up, while those that are willing do not qualify for the distribution.

Don't see a motivational problem, just a supply and rollout problem.

Honestly, if that other guy does not want it, get out of my way so I can.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

And what was Joe doing yesterday? Opening our borders to illegal aliens and laying off American workers. Nice!

calm down cletus.

log off and go read Qanon and be happy again.

• Like (+1) 1

Folks need to also get used to the new normal.

We live in a world of global commerce from the things you buy online or at a store, to foods we eat.

Those odd viruses that make the jump to people in some remote village in Africa, Asia, or South America now more than ever before can quickly spread around the globe.

As a country, we need to be much better prepared and remember how much it sucks for everyone when we don't have a concerted effort to limit or stop the spread.

It is the sober reality.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Plano said:

calm down cletus.

log off and go read Qanon and be happy again.

Truth.

Seriously a ridiculously ignorant take to think that the mess Trump left us with a year of maskless super-spreader events and reckless lack of responsible leadership.

Unlike Trump, Biden would never repeatedly lie to US citizens that Covid will magically go away.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020/10/politics/covid-disappearing-trump-comment-tracker/

I mean the adults just wrestled the man-baby out from behind the steering wheel so they could stand on the brakes and try to steer this country away from the abyss.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

So Trump is responsible for another 4k? I bet he doesn't even care. 

Than you go and lie in your next paragraph.

Edited by TBBills

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

So Trump is responsible for another 4k? I bet he doesn't even care. 

Than you go and lie in your next paragraph.

You edit a two sentences post and still have a misspelling? 

1 minute ago, TSOL said:

You edit a two sentences post and still have a misspelling? 

When the republicans are desperate to anger the opposition they try to find anything to grasp onto... Failure has become the only thing that sticks to them.

2 minutes ago, WideNine said:

That's your argument.

Then being typed "than"...maybe on a mobile device?

Sorry, but that is pretty weak.

I just wish our government would put as much energy into education as they do machines of war and propaganda 

5 minutes ago, TBBills said:

When the republicans are desperate to anger the opposition they try to find anything to grasp onto... Failure has become the only thing that sticks to them.

Did you type that one all on your own? Carefully paying attention to every keystroke?

If so THAN my work is done here 

6 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

I mean I get the idea but I'm not sure how well the first people in line to get the vaccine lines up with the people in need of the financial assistance.

5 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Or was doing this.