The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

The only numbers that should be counted and tracked by the media are hospitalizations and ICUs.  That's it.  Let the localities decide what mitigation to take if any.  

March proved a national response is #1 wrong and #2 absolutely puts power and more of it where it should not be.

When did the US ever have a national response?

I must have missed it.

3 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

Yea, no.  The first confirmed case of COVID was in Washington State January 20th.  First NYC case February 29th.  Detroit and Chicago airports were two of the last to close to European travel and it's suspected that's why they've had so many problems.

Pretending everything hinged on NYC is blindingly stupid.

Then the virus is nowhere near as lethal as it was in March.  

That or it isn't as contagious and no one believes that.  

And yes, it has been proven our national outbreak did emerge from NYC:

Travel From New York City Seeded Wave of U.S. Outbreaks

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/07/us/new-york-city-coronavirus-outbreak.html

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Then the virus is nowhere near as lethal as it was in March.  

That or it isn't as contagious and no one believes that.  

And yes, it has been proven our national outbreak did emerge from NYC:

Travel From New York City Seeded Wave of U.S. Outbreaks

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/07/us/new-york-city-coronavirus-outbreak.html

From your article:

Travel from other American cities also sparked infections across the country, including from an early outbreak centered in the Seattle area that seeded infections in more than a dozen states, researchers say. Even if New York had managed to slow the virus, it probably would have continued to spread from elsewhere, they say.

1 hour ago, GaryPinC said:

From your article:

Travel from other American cities also sparked infections across the country, including from an early outbreak centered in the Seattle area that seeded infections in more than a dozen states, researchers say. Even if New York had managed to slow the virus, it probably would have continued to spread from elsewhere, they say.

Well how in the world can we ever get down to zero cases without single global entity locking down and contact tracing the entire planet?  We have precedent for this somewhere right?   

And we can all live like the Chinese who supposedly "conquered" the virus.

No you cannot live as a free society doing this indefinitely with zero idea of any time frame.  F that.  And no one knows the time frame.  

If no vaccine, or it's a failure, how are kids going to do this going on year 2.....and then 3?  Any supporter of locking down for any period of time has either a secure paycheck somehow (government employee) or no kids....or both.

Month 9.  Maybe you'd get more people to buy in to whatever the hell you want to do if the spokesmen for supposedly fighting this weren't out there talking about new normals, global resets, green new deals, and re imagining capitalism or school.  

That's always been the problem.  No one trusts the people we should be trusting because first of all they haven't earned it and second its blatantly obvious there are other agendas here. 

The whole point of keeping the spread slowed till a vaccine is to not overwhelm the hospitals, Trumpies don't care about hospital workers though.

Let's do no masks at Trump's rallies, and no masks protests, also have big gatherings at the White House garden with no masks also....

Wait why are the cases going up so suddenly... Masks are worthless.

That is the stupid mentality of some of those here in this forum.

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Well how in the world can we ever get down to zero cases without single global entity locking down and contact tracing the entire planet?  We have precedent for this somewhere right?   

And we can all live like the Chinese who supposedly "conquered" the virus.

No you cannot live as a free society doing this indefinitely with zero idea of any time frame.  F that.  And no one knows the time frame.  

If no vaccine, or it's a failure, how are kids going to do this going on year 2.....and then 3?  Any supporter of locking down for any period of time has either a secure paycheck somehow (government employee) or no kids....or both.

Month 9.  Maybe you'd get more people to buy in to whatever the hell you want to do if the spokesmen for supposedly fighting this weren't out there talking about new normals, global resets, green new deals, and re imagining capitalism or school.  

That's always been the problem.  No one trusts the people we should be trusting because first of all they haven't earned it and second its blatantly obvious there are other agendas here. 

Not about getting to zero cases... About not overwhelming the hospitals before we get a vaccine that works.

3 minutes ago, TBBills said:

The whole point of keeping the spread slowed till a vaccine is to not overwhelm the hospitals, Trumpies don't care about hospital workers though.

Let's do no masks at Trump's rallies, and no masks protests, also have big gatherings at the White House garden with no masks also....

Wait why are the cases going up so suddenly... Masks are worthless.

That is the stupid mentality of some of those here in this forum.

Not about getting to zero cases... About not overwhelming the hospitals before we get a vaccine that works.

Lol now you're backing up the goal posts??  Well I'm glad someone is listening to what we've been saying since March.  Unfortunately, that hasn't been how the tyrannical have governed in most places.

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Lol now you're backing up the goal posts??  Well I'm glad someone is listening to what we've been saying since March.  Unfortunately, that hasn't been how the tyrannical have governed in most places.

Backing up this has been the plan the whole time... Except you and others like you cannot understand that.

Are you pretending like this was your view the whole time?

46 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Backing up this has been the plan the whole time... Except you and others like you cannot understand that.

Are you pretending like this was your view the whole time?

Oh you must be new here.  

I was saying in March to wear masks and be full open.  Let the localities decide big events or not.  And the only number that mattered was hospitalizations.  

A national response was always stupid.  I've blasted Trump repeatedly on here over his handling of Covid----bc he caved to the bureaucrats that hate him.   Because you can't tell everyone to proceed as normal live your life it's not a big deal, but hey I saved 2 million lives.  

It can't be both.  The whole thing from how it unfolded in December of 2019 thru March to now

....if you cant see that AT BEST the virus has been politicized by global elites that hate you and me.....to AT WORST something more nefarious then I don't know what to tell you.  

• Haha (+1) 1

covid-commies.jpg?resize=705%2C531&ssl=1

9 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Oh you must be new here.  

I was saying in March to wear masks and be full open.  Let the localities decide big events or not.  And the only number that mattered was hospitalizations.  

A national response was always stupid.  I've blasted Trump repeatedly on here over his handling of Covid----bc he caved to the bureaucrats that hate him.   Because you can't tell everyone to proceed as normal live your life it's not a big deal, but hey I saved 2 million lives.  

It can't be both.  The whole thing from how it unfolded in December of 2019 thru March to now

....if you cant see that AT BEST the virus has been politicized by global elites that hate you and me.....to AT WORST something more nefarious then I don't know what to tell you.  

Its as obvious as blm burning a business down in the background while a dimwit reporter says Its a mostly peaceful protest.

Then the dimwits here post it was white supremacists all along.

7 hours ago, TBBills said:

There we go was waiting for the bull####. Basement dwellers are on the other site, I suggest you head over there... Your garbage doesn't work here.

You’re right. It was Trump who walked out of the virology lab in WuTang with COVID on his shoe. 
#orangemanviral

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, TBBills said:

You never know, Trump does have Chinese bank accounts.

Meanwhile the flashdrive...

Oooooh. Chinese bank accounts. 
I had a Chinese bank account for years. 
probably means I’m Hitler, too. 
Meanwhile your hero, non-POTUS-Elect Biden, has been large scale grifting with China for years with his son as the point man.