The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

He says he’s lost interest. A few posts above. There isn’t a lot to discuss at the moment. It’s leveled out. Little rise happening. 

Right not alot to discuss at the moment. But anyways here in a small town or county cases and deaths rising higher. Even nearby small county rising as well. Death was like only 2 now 13 past week. 

But anyways hope everyone doing well. Found a girl and hangout with her kid lots. (like her) Just living life. Glad to be here seeing everyone here :).  Magox everyone are cool.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

https://patch.com/us/across-america/stimulus-talks-stall-confirmation-hearing-underway-blog

Nice job, Trump supporters. You're real patriotic. 

Nice job, Rudy. Try to murder as many as you can.

At the event in Northeast Philadelphia, Giuliani spoke off the cuff about issues such as the Democratic Party being “controlled” by Black Lives Matter and what he described as the president’s outstanding handling of the “Chinese Communist virus.”

“People don’t die of this disease anymore,” he said, adding that Democrats were overblowing COVID because they wanted to frighten people.

Coronavirus cases are on the rise again in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Delaware. There have been more than 214,000 reported coronavirus deaths in the United States.

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

https://patch.com/us/across-america/stimulus-talks-stall-confirmation-hearing-underway-blog

At the event in Northeast Philadelphia, Giuliani spoke off the cuff about issues such as the Democratic Party being “controlled” by Black Lives Matter and what he described as the president’s outstanding handling of the “Chinese Communist virus.”

“People don’t die of this disease anymore,” he said, adding that Democrats were overblowing COVID because they wanted to frighten people.

Coronavirus cases are on the rise again in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Delaware. There have been more than 214,000 reported coronavirus deaths in the United States.

96% recovery rate, stop spreading fear.

image.png.e9df06c3f4a55a96145fa2ede118bea4.png

5 minutes ago, Gary M said:

96% recovery rate, stop spreading fear.

image.png.e9df06c3f4a55a96145fa2ede118bea4.png

That recovery rate is deceptive in itself though since it only count those who have been tested. If you throw in asymptomatic the recovery rate jumps to 99 and change percent recovery rate. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Cinga said:

That recovery rate is deceptive in itself though since it only count those who have been tested. If you throw in asymptomatic the recovery rate jumps to 99 and change percent recovery rate. 

As long as you and yours aren't among the dead, it's all good, right?  

As long as you and yours aren't among those who spend months in the hospital recovering and incurring massive medical bills that health insurance doesn't cover, it's all good, right?  

As long as you and yours aren't among those "long haulers" who suffer physical and psychological symptoms that prevent them from returning to work, it's all good, right? 

As long as you and yours aren't among those who suffer what might be permanent health conditions that limit their quality of life, it's all good, right? 

2 minutes ago, SoTier said:

As long as you and yours aren't among those who spend months in the hospital recovering and incurring massive medical bills that health insurance doesn't cover, it's all good, right?  

As long as you and yours aren't among those "long haulers" who suffer physical and psychological symptoms that prevent them from returning to work, it's all good, right? 

As long as you and yours aren't among those who suffer what might be permanent health conditions that limit their quality of life, it's all good, right? 

To be fair, I’m among those that lost someone to COVID recently.  There’s no winners, unfortunately.  But I’m not for what I’m seeing in our country right now.  I believe both the WHO and CDC are starting to swing themselves to those thoughts as well.  The damage done to our country over the collective responses will go far beyond those lives we’ve lost.  We’ve planted proverbial seeds that were politically motivated and will potentially have impacts that outlast those we elected to lead us in these times.  New waves of depression, anxiety and mental illness have grown exponentially.  Parents, friends, family, neighbors divided and isolated during one of the scariest moments of our generation.  This, in my humble opinion, will vastly outweigh this awful pandemic.  Again, my opinion.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Where the **** did I say any of that? But since you bring it up, the WHO estimates now that over 750 MILLION people have had the virus. That would knock the fatality rate down to .13% - yes, that is point one three percent right about what the flu is and we have a vaccine for the flu!

I'm with virtually everyone else on this planet, that 1 death was too many. But shutting down the world for this was utter bullschiff when we could have protected the elderly and those with pre-existing as I did my own wife! And gone about our lives!

Edited by Cinga

3 hours ago, Cinga said:

it also includes all of people who died at the hand of Cuomo

The current recovery rate is actually much better without the above 

Older people have a reasonable chance with the proper treatment (that would be anything other than waiting until they got really sick, then killing them with a ventilator)

Edited by spartacus
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Cinga said:

Is there any hard evidence to back up the untested, asymptomatic numbers other than estimates?   If not, it's really not proper to throw those in.  

6 hours ago, Kemp said:

At this point it's easily overblown.  Rudy's correct about that.  Just not as correct as the right wingers imagine.

7 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

Is there any hard evidence to back up the untested, asymptomatic numbers other than estimates?   If not, it's really not proper to throw those in.  

Here:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/06/health/who-coronavirus-world-population-intl/index.html

if 10% of the world population has been infected that is about 750 million. 1.1 million (rounded up a lot) divided by 750 million comes to about .14% deaths

26 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

At this point it's easily overblown.  Rudy's correct about that.  Just not as correct as the right wingers imagine.

better question is where is the evidence that asymptomatic people can actually transmit the virus

the research done by the WHO researcher clearly showed based on actual cases that it was unlikely for virus to be transmitted by those without symptoms

although the WHO issued a retraction, the researcher stood by her conclusion.

this is consistent with the need to have a very high viral load to make someone sick, let alone have enough virus particles to transit to others

without the above, masks serve no purpose whatsoever

2 hours ago, Cinga said:

Where the **** did I say any of that? But since you bring it up, the WHO estimates now that over 750 MILLION people have had the virus. That would knock the fatality rate down to .13% - yes, that is point one three percent right about what the flu is and we have a vaccine for the flu!

I'm with virtually everyone else on this planet, that 1 death was too many. But shutting down the world for this was utter bullschiff when we could have protected the elderly and those with pre-existing as I did my own wife! And gone about our lives!

The choice is not between "shutting down the world" and pretending the pandemic is inconsequential, which is simply untrue.   Nobody is even asking much less demanding that.  Taking reasonable precautions -- wearing masks, staying socially distanced, not gathering indoors in large groups -- is not a left or right "thing".  It's the responsible thing  -- like making sure that your kids are strapped into car seats or booster seats in the rear seat of the car rather than riding on Mom's lap in the front because "it's Mom's choice" to put her kids at significant risk of death and/or serious injury in even a relatively minor accident.

1 minute ago, SoTier said:

The choice is not between "shutting down the world" and pretending the pandemic is inconsequential, which is simply untrue.   Nobody is even asking much less demanding that.  Taking reasonable precautions -- wearing masks, staying socially distanced, not gathering indoors in large groups -- is not a left or right "thing".  It's the responsible thing  -- like making sure that your kids are strapped into car seats or booster seats in the rear seat of the car rather than riding on Mom's lap in the front because "it's Mom's choice" to put her kids at significant risk of death and/or serious injury in even a relatively minor accident.

masks are pointless - other than to virtue signal that you will blindly follow stupid directions

even more so, as there has been no conclusive validation that asymptomic "cases" can spread the virus

-due to insufficient viral load

3 hours ago, DFT said:

To be fair, I’m among those that lost someone to COVID recently.  There’s no winners, unfortunately.  But I’m not for what I’m seeing in our country right now.  I believe both the WHO and CDC are starting to swing themselves to those thoughts as well.  The damage done to our country over the collective responses will go far beyond those lives we’ve lost.  We’ve planted proverbial seeds that were politically motivated and will potentially have impacts that outlast those we elected to lead us in these times.  New waves of depression, anxiety and mental illness have grown exponentially.  Parents, friends, family, neighbors divided and isolated during one of the scariest moments of our generation.  This, in my humble opinion, will vastly outweigh this awful pandemic.  Again, my opinion.  

I absolutely agree.  We really can't even do more than begin to consider all the eventual consequences of this pandemic.  I think that one thing that's absolutely true is that we as a nation and society are never going to be "the way we were" in January and February, 2020.  Ever.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I absolutely agree.  We really can't even do more than begin to consider all the eventual consequences of this pandemic.  I think that one thing that's absolutely true is that we as a nation and society are never going to be "the way we were" in January and February, 2020.  Ever.

for something that 99.7% of those infected will recover 

sounds like a plan

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

...thought I read somewhere you are 70 ish........why don't you just state personal your fears, trepidations, health care consequences/coverages et al?.....if so I certainly understand your concerns......I'm 67, still working full time with excellent Excellus BCBS coverage......

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

Explain Sweden please