The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

9 of the top 15 states in new "cases!" all have deaths per million under 500...well under 500.

And 2 others right around 500.

Meaning the virus was never really there.  It's their first "wave."  

Virginia will be the last state to see their first "wave."

The other states that have higher "cases" but deaths per million well over 500 still are seeing way less death. 

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/did-who-just-accidentally-confirm-covid-no-more-dangerous-flu

At the session, Dr Michael Ryan, the WHO’s Head of Emergencies revealed that they believe roughly 10% of the world has been infected with Sars-Cov-2.

This is their “best estimate”, and a huge increase over the number of officially recognised cases (around 35 million).

Dr. Margaret Harris, a WHO spokeswoman, later confirmed the figure, stating it was based on the average results of all the broad seroprevalence studies done around the world.

As much as the WHO were attempting to spin this as a bad thing – Dr Ryan even said it means “the vast majority of the world remains at risk.” – it’s actually good news. And confirms, once more, that the virus is nothing like as deadly as everyone predicted.

The global population is roughly 7.8 billion people, if 10% have been infected that is 780 million cases. The global death toll currently attributed to Sars-Cov-2 infections is 1,061,539.

That’s an infection fatality rate of roughly or 0.14%.

Right in line with seasonal flu and the predictions of many experts from all around the world.

0.14% is over 24 times LOWER than the WHO’s “provisional figure” of 3.4% back in March. This figure was used in the models which were used to justify lockdowns and other draconian policies.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 hours ago, spartacus said:

https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/did-who-just-accidentally-confirm-covid-no-more-dangerous-flu

At the session, Dr Michael Ryan, the WHO’s Head of Emergencies revealed that they believe roughly 10% of the world has been infected with Sars-Cov-2.

This is their “best estimate”, and a huge increase over the number of officially recognised cases (around 35 million).

Dr. Margaret Harris, a WHO spokeswoman, later confirmed the figure, stating it was based on the average results of all the broad seroprevalence studies done around the world.

As much as the WHO were attempting to spin this as a bad thing – Dr Ryan even said it means “the vast majority of the world remains at risk.” – it’s actually good news. And confirms, once more, that the virus is nothing like as deadly as everyone predicted.

The global population is roughly 7.8 billion people, if 10% have been infected that is 780 million cases. The global death toll currently attributed to Sars-Cov-2 infections is 1,061,539.

That’s an infection fatality rate of roughly or 0.14%.

Right in line with seasonal flu and the predictions of many experts from all around the world.

0.14% is over 24 times LOWER than the WHO’s “provisional figure” of 3.4% back in March. This figure was used in the models which were used to justify lockdowns and other draconian policies.

This! Quoted here so that more people will read it. Thank you Spartacus.

Trump needed to treat this thing like it was Ebola times 1000x and travel everywhere in a haz mat suit and ordered everything shut down.  Come out everyday and say "we're all going to die."

Only then would we have been FULL open probably right around Easter.

Change my mind. 

42 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Trump needed to treat this thing like it was Ebola times 1000x and travel everywhere in a haz mat suit and ordered everything shut down.  Come out everyday and say "we're all going to die."

Change my mind. 

Not going to try to change your mind. Your comments show you didn’t bring it with you today.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

lack of Vitamin D and zinc result in a weakened immune system

criminal that the world"health" organization is not promoting easy and cheap means for all people to fight the virus

Edited by spartacus
typo
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Change my mind. 

And then all the lefties would have hailed him as the Great Pandemic Leader”. 

On 10/6/2020 at 2:11 PM, BillsFanNC said:

The 2020 data on cardiovascular disease deaths will be interesting.  A disease that lays waste to 600k Americans year after year like clockwork could be significantly higher in 2020.

...good point......those with heart disease missed treatment, etc because of hospital limitations......bet the stress exacerbated conditions as well......BUT...2020 will actually be LOWER as heart related passings will be tabbed as "Covid-19 deaths".......you know THAT drill................

21 hours ago, Joe Miner said:

Did we lose Magox in this thread?

My interest has waned.  I’ve come to the conclusion that this is the most overblown, mischaracterized story of my life.   I’m pissed that health experts have irresponsibly sold everyone on extreme lock downs, incessant desire for everyone to wear masks and all the other incredibly stupid panic that it has thrust upon society with the help of an incredibly dishonest media who continuously mislead their viewers.

We should be fully opening back up.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Magox said:

Life can get back to normal.  How?  Easy.

just get back to living life again.

...EXACTLY......simply be prudent and take recommended precautions as well as mandated ones....no need to be a rebel.......a friend of mine picked up his freshman daughter from college with Covid-19......initial fears because she has severe asthma.....symptoms were minimal and NEVER had breathing issues.....Dad (age 55 and a workout warrior) contracted it from her.....quarantined for required 14 days (Health Dept checked DAILY) but mild symptoms dissipated by day 5.....capsule comment was, "if THIS is why we shut the country down, we royally screwed ourselves"......DIRECT from someone who had it......SMH............

13 hours ago, Magox said:

My interest has waned.  I’ve come to the conclusion that this is the most overblown, mischaracterized story of my life.   I’m pissed that health experts have irresponsibly sold everyone on extreme lock downs, incessant desire for everyone to wear masks and all the other incredibly stupid panic that it has thrust upon society with the help of an incredibly dishonest media who continuously mislead their viewers.

We should be fully opening back up.  

It's always been about control.