The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

19 hours ago, B-Man said:

to be fair, the lockdowns in VA, at least in Central VA and Richmond, sounded worse than they were. Spending the weekend in DC this weekend, and holy poop this city is downright draconian still. 

15 hours ago, BillStime said:

Thank you Trump voters

This is quite possibly the dumbest video i have ever watched...man, people really are gullible ..shame

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

bogus test results happen when you duplicate genetic material thru  45 cycles - resulting in 35 TRILLION copies

The PCR test has no utility at any point after 30 cycles - 5 MILLION copies which is plenty to identify the targeted material

highly likely that the NFL, after teh false positive fiasco,  has mandated that its contracted labs test at no more than 30 cycles

no surprise that NFL has essentially no positives or sick players / coaches

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, spartacus said:

bogus test results happen when you duplicate genetic material thru  45 cycles - resulting in 35 TRILLION copies

The PCR test has no utility at any point after 30 cycles - 5 MILLION copies which is plenty to identify the targeted material

highly likely that the NFL, after teh false positive fiasco,  has mandated that its contracted labs test at no more than 30 cycles

no surprise that NFL has essentially no positives or sick players / coaches

You see the Spain case plots when they made the testing switch?

4 minutes ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

I have not, very interested.  Can you dig up some details for this lazy guy?

Actually, I'm not going to post the plot because I'm not convinced data lag/reporting is finished yet. 

2 minutes ago, spartacus said:

The CDC instructions from June 12 mandate running 45 cycles for the PCR test

mere coincidence that "2nd wave" also started in the south

Many cases, minimal sickness

Yeah, 45 is literally insane. If we tested for any other virus like this we'd be ordered to never leave our bedrooms again 

14 minutes ago, arcane said:

Fauci was endearing to me in March. Boy was I fooled. There may not be a bureaucrat I trust less. 

Bingo! You don’t hang around Washington for as long as he has by being super smart. You hang around by playing politics. Fauci is a first class court jester.

• Thank you (+1) 1