The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

5 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Sorry Deek, but you overestimate the quality of said "conversation" to begin with. Anyone who wants to take the shot when it becomes available should do so. I will wait and watch while this global social experiment plays out to its conclusion. 

I too will wait (however, I suspect our "freedoms" in blue states will only be restored with vaccine compliance), but it would be awesome if as a byproduct, they make advancements in a cure for the common cold. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I too will wait (however, I suspect our "freedoms" in blue states will only be restored with vaccine compliance), but it would be awesome if as a byproduct, they make advancements in a cure for the common cold. 

Prevention is worth a pound of cure, and that prevention lies with lifestyle and dietary changes and commitment to what works for you. Time will most certainly tell as we wait and watch.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

Not anymore, it's vaccine or be shut out of everything, you'll see.

Which is insane... complete violation of people's rights, I'm sure there's a lot of people out there who would love to see this happen which is pathetic.

If you want your vaccine take it and then proceed to f off.... don't push your health choices on others and be some mouthpiece for an industry most people know nothing about

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Which is insane... complete violation of people's rights, I'm sure there's a lot of people out there who would love to see this happen which is pathetic.

If you want your vaccine take it and then proceed to f off.... don't push your health choices on others and be some mouthpiece for an industry most people know nothing about

Well said.

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Don't hold your breath... the next time Allopathy comes up with a CURE for something will be the first!

They love raking in billions of dollars on suppressing the expectorating of mucus with garbage chemicals stewed in artificial sugar and dyes to want to change that.

Maybe the cure lies in not suppressing the expectorating of said mucus:flirt:

10 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Are you implying this is part of some global conspiracy?  My point is they've had plenty of time to study SARS Covid-1 and that science is available for use.  It's not disputable.

Even so you better believe the studying isn't to find a CURE... it's to find how to profit the most off of it. 

So technically a global conspiracy in criminal terms, perpetrated by the giants of industry...

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Reality Check said:

What is your definition of libertarian?

I should caveat that with "not a libertarian party member".

Pretty standard.  Small government at every level but especially federal.  Individual liberty over the collective.  I really don't wanna go down a rabbit hole in this thread because it's on a different topic.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Trust me, I'm right there with you. 

But the state gov'ts will pivot from CASES! to VACCINE! numbers and the compliance behind them.  We just have to keep NYC closed until the VACCINE! numbers are better.  Otherwise everyone will die.  Watch.

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

Trust me, I'm right there with you. 

But the state gov'ts will pivot from CASES! to VACCINE! numbers and the compliance behind them.  We just have to keep NYC closed until the VACCINE! numbers are better.  Otherwise everyone will die.  Watch.

I know there are those that definitely want to push for this... and it certainly seems headed that way but we cannot let it become reality...

Just curious, for those that are proponents of this kind of madness, how do you enforce it?

How do say retail stores identify fairly who has and doesn't have a vaccine and then keep those who don't from entering their stores without being accused of profiling?

How do big venues like our stadium?

Do we really need Doctors notes every time we go into anywhere?!?! What a nightmare that becomes, also who is to say somebody MUST visit an Allopathic doctor???!! See where this is going?

I can see where ah, simple solution for everybody, just have a chip comes up real quick...

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Former Holyoke Soldiers' Home Superintendent Bennett Walsh and former Medical Director Dr. David Clinton were indicted by a grand jury on charges stemming from their decision in March to combine two dementia units, packing residents who were COVID-19 positive into the same space as those with no symptoms, Healey said.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

There is zero chance I take a vaccine unless my town looks like something out of "Outbreak." My concern, however, is to your parenthetical point that if you don't get the vaccine, you won't be able to (fill in the blank; fly, dine out, go to concerns, sporting events, etc.). My neighbor mentioned it to me one night over drinks, and I just kind of laughed it off, but the more I hear the vaccine discussion, the less I'm laughing.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

There is zero chance I take a vaccine unless my town looks like something out of "Outbreak." My concern, however, is to your parenthetical point that if you don't get the vaccine, you won't be able to (fill in the blank; fly, dine out, go to concerns, sporting events, etc.). My neighbor mentioned it to me one night over drinks, and I just kind of laughed it off, but the more I hear the vaccine discussion, the less I'm laughing.

Certificate

of

vaccination

I

D

-

est. 2019

????

Researchers find wide variance in accuracy of COVID-19 antibody tests. 

“The 10 tests evaluated in the study proved between 61% and 87% accurate at correctly identifying blood samples as positive for antibodies for the new coronavirus, the data showed. The same tests were between 82% and 100% accurate at identifying samples negative for antibodies, the researchers said.”

To be fair, most medical tests are a lot less accurate than people tend to assume.

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Are you implying this is part of some global conspiracy?  My point is they've had plenty of time to study SARS Covid-1 and that science is available for use.  It's not disputable.

When does questioning an aggressive timeline spill over into a global conspiracy?

SARS-1, H1N1, Ebola have been around for years, yet there has been no vaccine developed despite their nearly equal mortality trends.   I don't know if the scientific community is convinced that these three are so dormant as not to need an effective vaccine.   That's why I find the timeline to be very aggressive for a novel coronavirus - yes 80% of the traits may be shared with prior viruses, but isn't that remaining 20% the most complex part to figure out, and to do that in a few months should raise questions.