The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Trump claims White House can overrule FDA's attempt to toughen guidelines for coronavirus vaccine

In the meantime, the President's comments are sure to fuel new unease in a vaccine process that was already being greeted with skepticism by many Americans in polls.

A lack of trust in the program is a nightmare scenario, public health experts say, since a vaccine is the best hope of eventually ending the pandemic and restoring normal life.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/23/politics/trump-fda-coronavirus-vaccine/index.html

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

But whoever will share exclusively negative reports while pretending to be completely impartial?...

...HINT: SoTier and his daily cut and paste stats listing.......his mastery of prose and thought provoking, invigorating discussions are PPP legendary....

Any vaccine that is released to the general public, will be one tested and approved by the FDA.

If you choose not to take it because of your President Trump distrust,

you expose yourself, not just to the virus, but as a fool also.

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

60% say they won’t take first generation vaccine. Don’t trust Trump 

Or perhaps they dont trust vaccines that have not been around a while. I will not be on the vaccine line the first time around and I plan on voting for him the next two terms

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Or perhaps they dont trust vaccines that have not been around a while. I will not be on the vaccine line the first time around and I plan on voting for him the next two terms

Trumps pushing it for a fast track approval, no wonder the trust in it is so low 

35 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Any vaccine that is released to the general public, will be one tested and approved by the FDA.

If you choose not to take it because of your President Trump distrust,

you expose yourself, not just to the virus, but as a fool also.

I mean, I'm not gonna be lining up for the vaccine, but it isn't from lack of trusting Trump. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Ditto

(and :lol:)

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ALF said:

Israel enters full 16-day lockdown on Friday

The government approved at dawn on Thursday, Sept. 24, a full national lockdown to rein in the soaring coronavirus contagion starting Friday, Sept. 25 up to Oct.11.

Closure is to be universally applied, excepting only for people employed in essential services. The extreme measure, advocated by PM Binyamin Netanyahu when the number of new cases a day climbed past 7,000 and serious cases to 657, was finally endorsed by Defense Minister Benny Gantz who acknowledged there was no option. Overnight, there were another 10 deaths raising the total to 1,375.

In the end, prayer services and demonstrations alike are be restricted alike to 20 participants outdoors. Both chief rabbis ordered the closure of synagogues even on Yom Kippur the holiest day of the Jewish year, as well as the subsequent Succoth festival, for the sake of saving lives.

Anti-government protesters will be confined like the rest of the population to within 1km of their homes, thereby breaking up the unruly, mass outbreaks taking place weekly outside the prime minister’s residence in Jerusalem.

The international airport will be closed to outgoing flights. Food stores and pharmacies will stay open, while all other retail trade is shuttered like the schools. Public transport will be limited.

After 16 days, the state of covid-19 infection will be assessed to determine if the lockdown is to be extended or lightened in careful stages,

https://www.debka.com/israel-enters-full-16-day-lockdown-on-friday/

Somehow I have a feeling the media may revisit the Hasids of Williamsburg cases, after a 6 month absence of stories.   Wonder why?