The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

26 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

👏👏👏

Everyone has failed, thanks to the leader of the nation telling the country that’s it’s really no big deal in America. 

Bizarre.  

Trump's comments to keep the country calm (what you call downplaying) were made between January and the first week of March.  The virus was nowhere outside of NYC and the Northeast.  

Since his address to the nation on March 13, please tell me where exactly (starting with that address) Trump said the virus was "no big deal."  

I can actually show you a video clip from his February state of the union where he said it was; which was then ripped up by the person 3rd in line from the Presidency and then for the next 3 weeks we had leaders like Cuomo and DeBlasio saying exactly what you accused (wrongly) Trump of doing.  Actually downplaying the virus.

In fact, Emperor Fauci himself on March 9 told us we could all go on cruises.  Did he thus call it no big deal?  Said masks were pointless to.  

You have to be incredibly dumb and naive to level the kind of blame people do at Trump while ignoring these facts.

So I'll ask again, when post March 12 did he call this "no big deal?"  Because he wants the economy to not collapse?  Or our kids development to not be forever damaged as they fake "learn" online. 

Edited by Big Blitz

WSJ is not letting up on NYS.

New York City was locking down. Gov. Andrew Cuomo wanted to say when and how it would happen.

After Mayor Bill de Blasio told residents in a March 17 news conference to prepare to “shelter in place,” Mr. Cuomo dismissed the mayor’s plan in a television interview while his aides blitzed City Hall with calls.

“The phones were ringing off the hook,” recalled Freddi Goldstein, the mayor’s press secretary at the time. “They said, ‘[The mayor] sounds crazy. He’s scaring people. You have to walk it back. It’s not up to you. It’s not your call.’ ”

The federal government largely left the coronavirus response to states. While some governors ceded power to local officials, others centralized it. Mr. Cuomo, more than most state leaders, insisted that nearly every decision come from his office, including when to close office buildings, the size of weddings and the type of air filters required at shopping malls.

Mr. Cuomo and his small team took command of the state Health Department and overrode local governments that wanted to go beyond the state’s social-distancing restrictions. That delayed the shutdown of the nation’s biggest city and slowed the reaction time as the virus spread in nursing homes, contributing to the nation’s highest death toll.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Bizarre.  

Trump's comments to keep the country calm (what you call downplaying) were made between January and the first week of March.  The virus was nowhere outside of NYC and the Northeast.  

Since his address to the nation on March 13, please tell me where exactly (starting with that address) Trump said the virus was "no big deal."  

I can actually show you a video clip from his February state of the union where he said it was; which was then ripped up by the person 3rd in line from the Presidency and then for the next 3 weeks we had leaders like Cuomo and DeBlasio saying exactly what you accused (wrongly) Trump of doing.  Actually downplaying the virus.

In fact, Emperor Fauci himself on March 9 told us we could all go on cruises.  Did he thus call it no big deal?  Said masks were pointless to.  

You have to be incredibly dumb and naive to level the kind of blame people do at Trump while ignoring these facts.

So I'll ask again, when post March 12 did he call this "no big deal?"  Because he wants the economy to not collapse?  Or our kids development to not be forever damaged as they fake "learn" online. 

Lol, keep people calm? Ya right. Terrorists at the boarder, the cities are burning! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Bizarre.  

Like I said. The building was on fire and in order to “keep people calm” he told the people that the building was not on fire. Great plan! 

I don’t care if he changed his tune later on. It was too late. 

4 hours ago, Magox said:

They aren’t rising.

This “analysis” is dip sh*t analysis.   

Here is where we truly stand.

7 day moving averages for deaths, cases, hospitalizations and percent positives are all considerably lower than they were a month, 2 weeks and a week ago.

...at least the numbers are far less than the annual 649,000 heart related deaths on "his watch"....................

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Explain why California (lockdown central) has succeeded then.  Same population as Canada.  

Over 5,000 more deaths than Canada.  172 reported yesterday.  

By this logic, California and Newsome have failed, correct?

I’ve been saying this for months now. I live in liberal dominated California. This state ignores everything coming out of Washington  when it comes from Trump. So we should be a model of ‘how to do it right’...Nope! We’ve got our Covid bump like everyone else. I still don’t think anyone has a clue how this virus works.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Lol, keep people calm? Ya right. Terrorists at the boarder, the cities are burning! 

Fantastic job (as usual) addressing his points.  

1 hour ago, Q-baby! said:

Like I said. The building was on fire and in order to “keep people calm” he told the people that the building was not on fire. Great plan! 

I don’t care if he changed his tune later on. It was too late. 

What would you suggest he have done differently and how would your suggestions have changed the outcome? 

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ve been saying this for months now. I live in liberal dominated California. This state ignores everything coming out of Washington  when it comes from Trump. So we should be a model of ‘how to do it right’...Nope! We’ve got our Covid bump like everyone else. I still don’t think anyone has a clue how this virus works.

The increase of mask usage and social distancing in California  the past three months has increased exponentially. Have the COVID numbers dropped exponentially?  Nope.  

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Are you still angry with your Mama for renting out your above ground room to a boarder and moving you into the basement where the old coal bin used to be? 

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

What would you suggest he have done differently and how would your suggestions have changed the outcome? 

...LMAO...the detractors NEVER answer, albeit who would be THEIR GUY IN CHARGE or what should have been.....

This pretty much encapsulates my thoughts on the matter.  The way I view the situation, if the T cell - herd-like assumptions aren’t correct, we have gone through the worst of it and most of the population centers have either reached immunity or aren’t that far off from it.  Look at Sweden, they are virtually the only country in the world that is living life almost not quite at pre pandemic levels.  No masks, social gatherings allowed, bars restaurants are open and they are averaging less than 1 death a day.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Are you still angry with your Mama for renting out your above ground room to a boarder and moving you into the basement where the old coal bin used to be? 

Congrats! You made a post without a phallic reference. Good, keep your obsession to yourself 

I hadn’t taken the time to really look into why Madrid was going through a second wave whereas many other infected areas hadn’t.  And I Saw this post from one of the many lefty COVID alarmists that was refuted by Berenson.   The claim that the lefty COVID alarmist made was that the reason Madrid had a second re emergence and NY hadn’t was because according to this alarmist Madrid recklessly reopened whereas NY has a conducted a masterclass of a response.   He then goes on to claim that Madrid had the same level of Antibody infection rates as New York.

According to the findings, there was "substantial geographical variability," with antibodies found in 10% of samples from Madrid but just 3% of those taken from coastal areas.”

At least now we understand why Madrid had their second wave, the first never reached immunity levels.   The good news for them is that they are starting off about halfway to the required levels to burn out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Magox said:

I hadn’t taken the time to really look into why Madrid was going through a second wave whereas many other infected areas hadn’t.  And I Saw this post from one of the many lefty COVID alarmists that was refuted by Berenson.   The claim that the lefty COVID alarmist made was that the reason Madrid had a second re emergence and NY hadn’t was because according to this alarmist Madrid recklessly reopened whereas NY has a conducted a masterclass of a response.   He then goes on to claim that Madrid had the same level of Antibody infection rates as New York.

According to the findings, there was "substantial geographical variability," with antibodies found in 10% of samples from Madrid but just 3% of those taken from coastal areas.”

At least now we understand why Madrid had their second wave, the first never reached immunity levels.   The good news for them is that they are starting off about halfway to the required levels to burn out.

My theory has been that rising cases in Europe reflect a pretty successful corking and then uncorking. It was always going to come back. Definitely reduced Covid deaths waiting for better treatments during their shutdown, but long term pre vaccine probably won’t reduce cases much. Really bad  news is their shutdown was awful and they may do it again. 

Edited by shoshin

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

How about tell the public what he obviously knew instead of lying to us? 
If he knew it was so bad, why didn’t he tell us? I would image the public would have tried to better protect themselves if they had all the facts, but Trump doesn’t deal in facts! 

People are dead because of this moron! Don’t care if you agree or not! It’s pretty clear to most sane people. 

I don’t have all day to explain things to you morons. It really doesn’t matter because you Trumptards gobble his meat no matter what.

Take it all Jimmy! Take it all! 

Edited by Q-baby!
  • Haha (+1) 1

Another study that supports Cross reactive T cell Immunity herd like immunity.

Overall, these data suggest T cells are another level of population-level immunity against COVID-19.”

“Seroprevalence data (antibodies to the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein) estimate that there may be 10 times more SARS-CoV-2 infections than the number of reported cases. Thus, it is possible that 40 million to 50 million (12% to 15% of the US population) to date may have been infected with a detectable serological response to SARS-CoV-2. 

If we are around 12-15% COVID-19 infection levels which I find to be plausible then we should be nearing our end.  6th inning.   Get the vaccine out for seniors and those that have multiple underlying conditions and COVID will be squarely in the rear view mirror in 6-9 months.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:
The Democratic presidential nominee has created a war cabinet-in-waiting on the coronavirus, with public health experts devising plans for a coordinated and muscular federal response.

Well, considering that the virus is scheduled to be disregarded on November 4th, this seems like a colossal waste of his basement time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1