The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

12 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Confirmed cases.  It's pry between 5 to 15% nationwide who've contracted the virus based off the various antibody studies.  

The Trump administration task force projected with mitigation efforts anywhere from 100,000 to 200,000 covid deaths based on the model in late March.  We're at a little over 165,000 right now.

Part 1, I understand that. Still lower than initial projections of spread, and still not the negative message attempting to be portrayed in the post I quoted.

Part 2, when I say people here I mean PPP. The task force appears to have had pretty good projections pretty early, and quite a few other folks felt like they were completely unrealistic and downplaying it because that one model assumed 80% of the country would get it and 2% of those who got it would die before we knew anything about the virus. 

3 hours ago, Kemp said:

" If you take umbrage at his words, then you should also acknowledge that all "treatments" he discussed are being contemplated as a potential cures of the virus."

Please post a list of doctors considering injecting disinfectants as a potential cure of the virus.

You seem to like getting beaten with a club of facts.   Here's the full transcript of Trump's usual ramblings about a topic on which he has little understanding.  Show me where he advocates ingesting bleach or Lysol

"So I asked Bill a question some of you are thinking of if you're into that world, which I find to be pretty interesting. So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether its ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said, that hasn't been checked but you're gonna test it. And then I said, supposing it brought the light inside the body, which you can either do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you're gonna test that too, sounds interesting. And I then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute, and is there a way you can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it'd be interesting to check that. So you're going to have to use medical doctors, but it sounds interesting to me, so we'll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it goes in one minute, that's pretty powerful."

But since you ignore @BillsFanNC and are still looking at research about injection treatments to "disinfect" the body, here you go Sue

Oxford Study

Many of the treatments are following the cancer regimen of injecting your body with a type of poison to stop the spread.  Speaking of poison, where's your outrage regarding injecting the Botox poison into the body?

Of course, our favorite hoax that was injecting UV light into the body.

So as was explained to you a hundred times, Trump overheard all these experimental treatments in the task force discussions, and his inimitable way bungled the explanations.  Of course nowhere in his hamhanded response did he urge people to go out and drink bleach, unlike the health experts who urged people to socialize and have fun in March.

Here's a review of liposome based antimicrobial formulations for targeted delivery to lung tissue by inhalation.  I could go on for days with examples from the literature of studies looking at targeted delivery of otherwise toxic compounds.  Trump was wrong with his butchering of what he heard from experts.  Kemp and others in the media are wrong for making it worse by saying that he specifically told people to inject or drink bleach/lysol.  Period.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32691293/

Abstract

The management of difficult-to-treat acute and chronic respiratory infections (infections in cystic fibrosis, non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis, immunocompromised and mechanically ventilated patients) and difficult-to-treat pathogens (including multidrug-resistant strains) has become a challenge in clinical practice. The arsenal of conventional antibiotic drugs can be limited by tissue penetration, toxicities, or increasing antibiotic resistance. Inhaled antimicrobials are an interesting therapeutic approach for optimizing the management of respiratory infections. Due to extensive developments in liposome technology, a number of inhaled liposome-based antibiotic and antifungal formulations are available for human use and many products are undergoing clinical trials. Liposomes are biocompatible, biodegradable, and nontoxic vesicles able to encapsulate and carry antimicrobials, enhancing the therapeutic index of various agents and retention at the desired target within the lung. Liposomes reduce drug toxicity and improve tolerability, leading to better compliance and to decreased respiratory side effects. The aim of this article was to provide an up-to-date overview of nebulized liposomal antimicrobials for lung infections (with a special focus on liposomal amikacin, tobramycin, ciprofloxacin, and amphotericin B for inhalation), discussing the feasibility and therapeutic potential of these new strategies of preventing and treating bacteria, mycobacterial and fungal infections.

2 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Here's a review of liposome based antimicrobial formulations for targeted delivery to lung tissue by inhalation.  I could go on for days with examples from the literature of studies looking at targeted delivery of otherwise toxic compounds.  Trump was wrong with his butchering of what he heard from experts.  Kemp and others in the media are wrong for making it worse by saying that he specifically told people to inject or drink bleach/lysol.  Period.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32691293/

image.thumb.jpeg.6c202f27508c1a1a3fbd962e07fa96a1.jpeg

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/65-of-covid-19-survivors-surveyed-report-experiencing-hair-loss-among-other-long-term-effects

LOS ANGELES - Nearly eight months into the coronavirus pandemic, scientists are still learning about the varying short and long-term effects of the disease, from kidney failure, temporary loss of smell and now hair loss.

According to a survey conducted by Survivor Corps, a nonprofit aimed at coronavirus education for survivors of the illness, and Dr. Natalie Lambert from Indiana University School of Medicine, 65.7% of 1,700 respondents reported experiencing hair loss.

Ad Content by Taboola | 

Sponsored StoriesIf You Like to Play, this City-Building Game is a Must-Have. No Install.Forge Of Empires|

Sponsored 

What Are the Top 6 Credit Cards If You Can Qualify For Any Card? Learn MoreNerdWallet|

Sponsored 

The survey was taken using responses from Survivor Corps’ Facebook page asking its members if they had experienced a wide array of coronavirus symptoms. 

Some of the other symptoms included cough, sore throat, loss of smell, loss of taste, heart palpitations, facial rash and more.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Part 1, I understand that. Still lower than initial projections of spread, and still not the negative message attempting to be portrayed in the post I quoted.

Part 2, when I say people here I mean PPP. The task force appears to have had pretty good projections pretty early, and quite a few other folks felt like they were completely unrealistic and downplaying it because that one model assumed 80% of the country would get it and 2% of those who got it would die before we knew anything about the virus. 

That's typical with a novel virus.  The only epidemiologists I respected were the one's that admitted they didn't know.

3 hours ago, Gary M said:

So Trumps estimates were more accurate than the WHO?

It was Fauci/Birx task force who predicted it and it's likely they underestimated it when all is said and done.  They were just going off the models at the time.

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

That's typical with a novel virus.  The only epidemiologists I respected were the one's that admitted they didn't know.

It was Fauci/Birx task force who predicted it and it's likely they underestimated it when all is said and done.  They were just going off the models at the time.

Sorry it was the CDC that estimated 1.7 million dead.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/13/us/coronavirus-deaths-estimate.html

3 minutes ago, Gary M said:

Sorry it was the CDC that estimated 1.7 million dead.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/13/us/coronavirus-deaths-estimate.html

That was two weeks earlier than when I was talking about.  It just shows how unpredictable this thing was.  They eventually revised to to 60,000 something and now it's over 250k.

The nation's leading expert on infectious diseases and member of the White House's coronavirus task force says the pandemic could kill 100,000 to 200,000 Americans and infect millions.

Dr. Anthony Fauci said based on modeling of the current pace of the coronavirus' spread in the U.S., "between 100,000 and 200,000" people may die from COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus.

10 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

That was two weeks earlier than when I was talking about.  It just shows how unpredictable this thing was.  They eventually revised to to 60,000 something and now it's over 250k.

The nation's leading expert on infectious diseases and member of the White House's coronavirus task force says the pandemic could kill 100,000 to 200,000 Americans and infect millions.

Dr. Anthony Fauci said based on modeling of the current pace of the coronavirus' spread in the U.S., "between 100,000 and 200,000" people may die from COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus.

What?  I can't hear you.

3 minutes ago, Gary M said:

What?  I can't hear you.

• Haha (+1) 4

On 8/7/2020 at 6:28 AM, Magox said:

Now for my chart,  Right in that very same section - Look at all the deaths EXCLUDING COVID-19.  Look at the total number of deaths in each of those states, many of them have way more than double the amount of deaths that AREN'T related to COVID.   The Red is the expected amount of deaths, the grey are all the excess deaths that are NONCOVID related. And that is just information that CDC has collected, most of us with any ability to critically think for ourselves knows that number is much higher than what they have gathered.     

ExcessDeaths.png

Use the actual vs historically predicted. 

The total deaths is higher than the norm but the EXCLUDING COVID data may also include all the uncharacterized deaths, that is, the deaths that the CDC has not yet sorted. For instance, the CDC currently recognizes 145K deaths to date from Covid but the accepted number is ~165K. Looking at the data below, the CDC May still have 20K deaths to move from the green bar to the blue bar across the US, most of those in TX/FL/CA...which will unsurprisingly make Covid look like the main culprit for deaths being above the historical norm.

Back to the point, take a look at Texas:

image.thumb.png.d1dbff48f061b6a1c4b58765ffc8b4d7.png

The death spike in "non-Covid" (what I'd guess is really just not yet Covid-categorized) occurs at the same time as the Covid deaths rise (June).

Florida is similar where the non-covid deaths exceed the average right when the Covid deaths spike up (though Florida's last data bar looks weird).  

image.thumb.png.6e6a29cb2c757755ac97252ac2b34160.png

There are non-Covid deaths happening too but Covid is the main cause of the death rise above the norm. 

Edited by shoshin