The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

42 minutes ago, shoshin said:

This is a critical piece of recovery. Employers need some protection from lawsuits. If we're reopening into another 100K deaths, we can't have anyone who gets  Covid suing their employer. 

He has run nothing above a lemonade stand. He won’t understand. 

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

You were just being the morality enforcer about a Herman Cain post and I agree with that. 

Now how about you let John Lewis's life be celebrated outside politics on the day that he's laid to rest? 

Decency takes some work, including the ability to set aside "let me score some political points off someone's death." 

Herman Cain was a good man, a good American. How he got Covid is irrelevant at this point; his is the story of 150K Americans: He got Covid and died. It's sad and he passed too soon. 

Lewis was a good man, a good American. How people celebrate his death is not relevant; his is the story of a civil rights icon and man for many to admire even if you disagreed with some of his positions. He's now passed. 

What a colossally great example of burying the lead and missing the point.

The elites who are telling people they. can’t gather for church, or weddings, or to bury their loved ones are gathered together to see off one of their ruling class. It’s hypocrisy at its finest and the type of blatant elitist, classist, do as we say not as we do bull#### tyranny that has been all over the place during the past 4 months.

Don’t be obtuse. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Trump admin ill prepared for something?No way - really???? Trump still obsessed with trying to bury his Trump Russia connections and not focused on anything else? Just like the Unite the far Right Alex Jones posters here at PPP? 

The Trump Administration Is Stalling an Intel Report That Warns the U.S. Isn’t Ready for a Global Pandemic

"The 2019 report warns on page 29 that, “The United States will remain vulnerable to the next flu pandemic or large-scale outbreak of a contagious disease that could lead to massive rates of death and disability, severely affect the world economy, strain international resources, and increase calls on the United States for support.”

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Those States rough population of 240 million at roughly 65K dead, would have the 2nd highest total of deaths.  Stunning.   

What about where would they rank in per capita?  Not even top 10?  

I've had zero patience for this red state vs blue state handling of the virus.  I feel obligated to but then I feel like my IQ drops 30 points.  

This is a deliberate distraction from the big questions including the ones I just posted.  

Essentially engaging in these political arguments is one of 2 things.  1.  We are this stupid and have to fight over everything and lost sight of the big picture. 

Or 2. The Left wants to constantly distract bc they are perfectly fine with indefinite lockdowns or no full open in order to give the Democrat Nominee, Maoism, a fighting chance vs Trump.  

Soooo... you have zero patience for a red state vs blue state argument except for all this time you're spending blaming those blue states and the left in general????

giphy.gif

33 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Soooo... you have zero patience for a red state vs blue state argument except for all this time you're spending blaming those blue states and the left in general????

giphy.gif

Oh cmon man - have you noticed the most vocal people here are the ones who are caught up w some far right conspiracy to detach Trump from his connections to Russia leading up the 2016 election? And these same freaks can’t say schitt or acknowledge the absolute joke this administration has been since 2017?

I mean - they will spend the rest of their lives talking about text messages between Mutt and Jeff but won’t comment or acknowledge the fact that Trump is in fact the most corrupt and incompetent POTDS of our lifetime!

It is as if whatever allegedly happened in 2016 supersedes and validates Trumps incompetence for the past 3.5 years.

150,000 dead Americans - the economy in the schitter - our debt is out of control (once again after a GOPig) and they are obsessed with Flynn!

Seriously Trumpholes - STFU

Edited by BillStime

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

giphy.gif

What did I blame blue states for?

Don't confuse me defending California, Texas, or Florida over them finally getting the virus with attacking Cuomo as if I think Cuomo is to blame for more New Yorkers dying in 2 months than Americans killed in the Korean War.  Did I do this right?

Not Cuomo, not Trump, not DeSantis, not Newsome is responsible for anything the virus does.  To assume cases! is solely the result of masks or a refusal to enforce them, then blaming Americans for not wearing them is some of the worst American behavior or response I've ever seen.  Unfortunately because we are a very stupid country filled with very stupid people, we have to defend them.  But its so ignorant, stupid, and as I said....a massive distraction. 

The only thing every single politician (here and around the world) is guilty of is refusing to answer the questions I just posted, and you ignored, or can't and refuse to answer.  It's much easier for low info voters to just put their hands over their ears and yell "orange man bad!"   

And because that's all they do, including deliberately lying about the economic situation and how that's supposedly Trump's fault; one can only assume that this is totally political.

If you aren't on the same side as Team "We demand some freaking answers and a plan"---whether it's from Trump and his task force, or Governor Chicken Wings Aren't Enough, you are flat out Un American.  

But the Chinese Government thanks you.   

Edited by Big Blitz

7 hours ago, whatdrought said:

What a colossally great example of burying the lead and missing the point.

The elites who are telling people they. can’t gather for church, or weddings, or to bury their loved ones are gathered together to see off one of their ruling class. It’s hypocrisy at its finest and the type of blatant elitist, classist, do as we say not as we do bull#### tyranny that has been all over the place during the past 4 months.

Don’t be obtuse. 

The point can be made on a different day in a different way. It was the exact same thing the other guy did with Cain’s death, where other elites and leaders followed another set of behaviors *that you agree with* to a different outcome. 

A bunch of posters liked your post so your post made my point about people caring about scoring the political point more than decency. 

Just don’t take the moral high ground on Cain if you won’t on Lewis. Cries of hypocrisy are weak arguments generally but such an obvious case just a few posts apart from the same guy was worth noting. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, shoshin said:

The point can be made on a different day in a different way. It was the exact same thing the other guy did with Cain’s death, where other elites and leaders followed another set of behaviors *that you agree with* to a different outcome. 

A bunch of posters liked your post so your post made my point about people caring about scoring the political point more than decency. 

Just don’t take the moral high ground on Cain if you won’t on Lewis. Cries of hypocrisy are weak arguments generally but such an obvious case just a few posts apart from the same guy was worth noting. 

I see your point.  It's very hard to have a discussion on so many levels since the outcomes of each effects the others. 

11 hours ago, shoshin said:

You were just being the morality enforcer about a Herman Cain post and I agree with that. 

Now how about you let John Lewis's life be celebrated outside politics on the day that he's laid to rest? 

Decency takes some work, including the ability to set aside "let me score some political points off someone's death." 

Herman Cain was a good man, a good American. How he got Covid is irrelevant at this point; his is the story of 150K Americans: He got Covid and died. It's sad and he passed too soon. 

Lewis was a good man, a good American. How people celebrate his death is not relevant; his is the story of a civil rights icon and man for many to admire even if you disagreed with some of his positions. He's now passed. 

Erm. Trump has shown he's OK disregarding Fauci, who's a huge proponent of a national plan since the beginning. 

You can debate whether a national plan would have worked but Fauci isn't wearing the crown, Trump is. 

Clearly the point went right over your head.  The frustration isn't so much about John Lewis, it's that for the selected few chosen by the political class of the left, it's ok to break the "rules" as long as it is a cause they support.  Such as protests and in this case funerals.  Whereas, for many many people a big complaint about these lock downs is that they haven't been either to attend a funeral for a loved one or that it was limited to a handful of people.  That's the criticism, it's not about just scoring "political points".

You just continue to keep missing the point or parroting mainstream analysis without any ability to critically analyze things.   It happens on a daily basis with you.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Magox said:

Clearly the point went right over your head.  The frustration isn't so much about John Lewis, it's that for the selected few chosen by the political class of the left, it's ok to break the "rules" as long as it is a cause they support.  Such as protests and in this case funerals.  Whereas, for many many people a big complaint about these lock downs is that they haven't been either to attend a funeral for a loved one or that it was limited to a handful of people.  That's the criticism, it's not about just scoring "political points".

You just continue to keep missing the point or parroting mainstream analysis without any ability to critically analyze things.   It happens on a daily basis with you.

My point about decency is going over your head. You've gone right to the political points being scored, which is exactly what I am driving at.

Let's try it this way:

If you go review the Cain posts, you'll agree (as I do) that they are in poor taste, using someone's personal tragedy to score a political point. If you review the Lewis ones, you won't. Think about that. 

Edited by shoshin

14 hours ago, B-Man said:

We let Fauci and his agenda destroy this nation's economy, and now the little ____ wants us to wear masks forever to block the flu.

what the ***** is this guy talking about and why do people keep posting his moronic tweets in this thread. he is literally a nobody. he has no science or medical background to be discussing on how to handle a pandemic. 

and what the hell does he mean by "like any other pandemic" ? as if we have them every year...

What exactly is he referring to? That America shouldn't have shut down and let people die to "save the economy"? does he realize the lockdowns that were imposed saved thousands of lives? Does he realize that if America acted quicker and took the virus more seriously we could have saved thousands more? Why is every other country on its way to recovery and America still is setting record numbers? 

some of these conservatives man...have no ***** clue on what they are talking about 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, shoshin said:

You can’t possibly be this bad at reasoning so as to not understand the difference between the two. 

In the Cain thread you had posters openly celebrating a mans death because they thought it bolstered their point... Thats despicable and deserves condemnation. 

In the discussion by Walsh that DR shared, the focus Is not about Lewis, about his death, or about why he died. The entire point is about the double standard bull#### demonstrated by the left and the other elite ruling class in this country. 

Let me break this down for you like you’re five: 

- Politicizing someone’s death = bad.

- Calling out living politicians actions when they’re blatantly hypocritical = normal reaction to tyranny.

My post in response to you got so many likes because (with the exception of those around here with intellectual diarrhea) people see exactly what point you missed and how dumb you looked while missing it.

Go back to pushing fear and panic, you’re better at that. 

btw don't let these conservative doomers make you believe the economy has "collapsed". The economy is fine, and is nowhere near as bad as these people keep saying it is. Grocery stores, target/walmart/costco's and fast food chains are hitting record profits all across America. Amazon is setting record profits, so is online shopping in general. 

only places doing bad are malls (which were going exticnt anyways), movies, and nightlife venues/bars. 

Edited by Penfield45

Lockdown, distancing, life over. 

Also, somehow the goal post moved to "delay as many cases until a vaccine."

You can go ahead and keep fighting about masks.  I'll just continue to ask the most basic questions that impact the 99.9 percent of us that will not die from this.   

The white elitist privilege is strong with people like Osterholm.  I guess his kids dont need normal childhoods and school:

Dr. Osterholm: Americans will be living with the coronavirus for decades

Osterholm: It won’t be. We will be dealing with this virus forever. Effective and safe vaccines and hopefully ones with some durability will be very important, even critical tools, in fighting it. But the whole world is going to be experiencing COVID-19 ‘til the end of time. We’re not going to be vaccinating our way out of this to eight-plus billion people in the world right now. And if we don’t get durable immunity, we’re potentially looking at revaccination on a routine basis, if we can do that.

Osterholm: Again, it goes back to the question we just discussed: is there durable immunity? Because herd immunity is based on the concept that once you have immunity, it stays. One of our goals has been to postpone as many cases we can until the vaccine is available and use that as your means for getting 50% to 70% of the population protected.

https://on.mktw.net/39HaIVy

20 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

btw don't let these conservative doomers make you believe the economy has "collapsed". The economy is fine, and is nowhere near as bad as these people keep saying it is. Grocery stores, target/walmart/costco's and fast food chains are hitting record profits all across America. Amazon is setting record profits, so is online shopping in general. 

only places doing bad are malls (which were going exticnt anyways), movies, and nightlife venues/bars. 

Yeah, the gym, salons, non chain restaurants, and mom & pop shops are all doing fine....

Amazon and the big box stores are the few that can survive this mess.  Sadly there will be many that don't, leading to continued higher unemployment.  The economy is far from "fine"

26 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Actually, the economy is not doing fine by any stretch of the imagination.

• Thank you (+1) 1

THAT’S ENTIRELY RATIONAL: 

CBS News Poll Says 70% Of Americans Would Wait To Get COVID-19 Vaccine, Or Wouldn’t Get One At All. 

It’s a rushed vaccine for a disease that isn’t all that dangerous in most people.

It’s not like an Ebola vaccine. And did I mention it’s being rushed?

Unless you’re at high risk, the vaccine won’t change the odds much for you even if it works perfectly.

And when you factor in the risk that it will be dangerous — did I mention it’s being rushed? — people aren’t crazy to forego it.

And I say that as a guy who gets vaccinated for everything.

It’s just risk analysis math.