The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

11 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

B on federal response as far as travel bans, providing ppe equipment, etc...

A on keeping economy as afloat as possible.

F on messaging.  It's been awful.

The messaging has come mainly from the MSM and no matter what Trump did they would highly criticize him.

The federal response has actually been quite remarkable. We can argue all you want about the preparedness and whose fault that was but the build up of supplies and ventilators was a gigantic effort with huge results. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Magox said:

More signs of Florida cresting and at its top in regards to Prevalency rates and hospitalizations.

i think nationally we will peak out in deaths in the next month and then head back down to make new lows sometime in late September/October.

You think CA is done?

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/one-month-after-statewide-mask-mandate-california-daily-case-average

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/holdhow-covid-19-fatality-reports-are-distorting-data?utm_source=whatfinger

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/04/commentary-masks-all-covid-19-not-based-sound-data?fbclid=IwAR0fG3NU1mf1klmcFb2ZLAN2LZYX9puH7kjUpU2QO6u_dbYiai0tZGvtWR4

Only ignorant idiots would place any blame on Trump! How many people did Cuomo kill? 

Wasn't it Trump who imposed a ban on Chinese travelers in January only to be called a racist, xenophobe and other things by Joe Biden and his buddies. Wasn't Nancy Pelosi promoting Chinatown and the DeBalasio, Cuomo undynamic duo promoting subways, plays, bars and restaurants after Trumps ban. You anti Trumpers are an ignorant, lying, hypocritical bunch. How do you live with yourself, you're pathetic!    

Edited by Big Gun
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I put all the blame on China for unleashing this virus, and then being dishonest and deceitful about it. 
The WHO gets blamed for covering for them, and continuing the Chinese lies and deceit.
If the CDC and Fauci lied about it while being paid by the Chinese to do so (I have heard no evidence of this, have you?), then I would also blame them.

No way I would ever trust or believe China about anything.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, shoshin said:

You think CA is done?

Done?  No

But hospitalizations appear to possibly  begin creating there as well and the positive test rate seems to possibly be plateauing.

Good data coming from Texas.

• Like (+1) 1

The ‘doomsday models’ on COVID-19 never mentioned masks. Why is that?

".....Yet the two institutions that convinced the world to shut its doors had nothing at all to say about masks. With hundreds of millions of lives supposedly at risk on a global level, masks somehow never made it into the conversation.

The notorious model from the Imperial College UK COVID-19 Response Team, which The New York Times and other major publications credited with “jarring” the world into instituting worldwide mitigation and suppression measures, never mentions the effects of masks or universal masking on a population.

Imperial College UK never added maks to its modeling efforts, prior to the highly-publicized resignation of its lead scientist, and the IHME transmission model said nothing about masks for months. Not until June did IHME incorporate masks into its modeling, over 7 months into the reported first case of the novel coronavirus."

https://medium.com/@JordanSchachtel/the-doomsday-models-on-covid-19-never-mentioned-masks-why-is-that-9dff41a6d626

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Magox said:

Done?  No

But hospitalizations appear to possibly  begin creating there as well and the positive test rate seems to possibly be plateauing.

Good data coming from Texas.

My guess on CA is that we've yet to see the northern CA population get hit so it's not going away there yet. 

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

In April, NYC was accounting for 60% of the deaths some days and if you added NJ (which was all northern NJ), it was 80%. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

This has been addressed and explained multiple times in this thread

BillZtime.............running on fuel-gauge-vector-id475254004?s=170667a

143,000 dead Americans. No federal response. The world looks on in horror, as our enemies rejoice. 

If you support Trump you are enabling genocide against the American people.

Shame

I was wondering about something.

Since this whole Covid 19 thing started...

does anybody catch a cold anymore?

It seems that there is no mention of the common cold, or the offering of any statistics on that since this started.

A bit strange that The vaunted CDC wouldn't offer some coronavirus context since there are variations of it that affect humans.

Since they can test for Covid 19 specifically (allegedly)

then why no statistics differentiating the various coronaviruses?

Hmmm...

It would seem that the common cold vanished.

1 minute ago, Reality Check said:

It seems that there is no mention of the common cold, or the offering of any statistics on that since this started.

A bit strange that The vaunted CDC wouldn't offer some coronavirus context since there are variations of it that affect humans.

Hmmm...

A whole host of deadly diseases mysteriously vanished, when everyone was dying of the Flu Manchu.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

A whole host of deadly diseases mysteriously vanished, when everyone was dying of the Flu Manchu.

This is starting to look like epic fraud to me.

The common cold just vanishes?

No comparative statistics?

The CDC is incompetent if they aren't doing comparative tracking of all coronavirus diagnoses and respiratory illnesses.

Why withhold that information if they have it?

If they don't have it, why the hell not after all this time?

17 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Hmmm...

When testing started at my facility, a negative covid-19 did not reflex to a Flu A/B/RSV test, for about a month, I remember making that point to my lab manager, by time the procedure was implemented flu season was over.