The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

● Closing in on 45M tests done.

● Trump popped Cuomo a few times in the presser (not using the hospital ship, Javits Center, and sending people back to the nursing homes)

● Many vaccines are being worked on, they are prepared to deliver as soon as a vaccine is ready (the military will distribute the vaccine or therapeutic)

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Death count coming in LOWER than last Tuesday (and Thursday). That's a surprise. The rise late last week seemed to indicate higher numbers coming. 

the higher death numbers last week were for re-classes of people that died in April

29 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

● Trump popped Cuomo a few times in the presser (not using the hospital ship, Javits Center, and sending people back to the nursing homes)

● Many vaccines are being worked on, they are prepared to deliver as soon as a vaccine is ready (the military will distribute the vaccine or therapeutic)

You mean the rally in the Rose Garden?

If there is a vaccine, I won't be taking it, I've never taken a flu shot, and (knock on wood) haven't had the flu in about 55-60 years. I don't have an underlying condition that would compromise my health.

• Like (+1) 2

So I have to cancel my visit to NY to see my family and celebrate my mom's 95th birthday.  I am required to quarantine for 14 days.  I called the NY Dept of Health and they said I need to stay for 14 days.  I said my trip is only 5 days.  So they will hold me hostage for two weeks which makes no sense.  You figure they'd want my ass out of NY and back in CA ASAP.  Sorry mom but I'm going to spend my money elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Why are you in a cult?

What did he know in November? 

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

It was a great speach!

Edited by fansince88
  • Thank you (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, spartacus said:

the higher death numbers last week were for re-classes of people that died in April

CovidTracking and Worldometer accounted for that. 

Data today took a little jump on some CA numbers. 

image.thumb.png.20dc132360c711104f443020010db282.png

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TH3 said:

You do understand what NOW means right? Only open for cv after it was initially  closed for them.   Wartime prez???

You do recognize the importance of the April 7th date, right?  It was still early on.  If NY asked for that capacity sooner, it would have been provided to them.   Yet, NY asked for the space, it was given, but not used.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

So I have to cancel my visit to NY to see my family and celebrate my mom's 95th birthday.  I am required to quarantine for 14 days.  I called the NY Dept of Health and they said I need to stay for 14 days.  I said my trip is only 5 days.  So they will hold me hostage for two weeks which makes no sense.  You figure they'd want my ass out of NY and back in CA ASAP.  Sorry mom but I'm going to spend my money elsewhere. 

We were supposed to go up for my nephew's wedding but with the quarantine and having to give them info on who you'll be with etc, we decided to just stay in Florida. We were really looking forward to seeing family and friends and all that great food, maybe next summer, we won't go up there any other time.

3 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

We were supposed to go up for my nephew's wedding but with the quarantine and having to give them info on who you'll be with etc, we decided to just stay in Florida. We were really looking forward to seeing family and friends and all that great food, maybe next summer, we won't go up there any other time.

It sucks. Not sure how many birthdays my mom

has left. 

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

It sucks. Not sure how many birthdays my mom

has left. 

God bless her, any chance you fly her to CA? We'd fly my mom down here, till she got too feeble to fly, she loved leaving Buffalo in the winter for Florida

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Sorry to hear. I had the same problem, had to cancel a trip back to see my mother. She's only 80 though, and in good health. But still.

FL new hospitalizations are something to watch--might be a hint of a downturn. It's early and FL has other cities that have to go through a rise perhaps but it's still something to watch since the FL hospitalization occupancy numbers are crappy. 

HOSP0714.thumb.jpg.f1d59d3b279903303ef4caee27549d13.jpg

Edited by shoshin

sigh..so many layers of lies going on. Among the propaganda msm the NYT seems to specialize in lie big an bold and backtrack later after the mind control is done. 

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/did-the-times-print-an-urban-legend/?amp

I espeically like this part 

"A number of young journalists have been arguing lately that the traditional mission of journalism needs to be cashiered in favor of “moral clarity,” that journalism should be more like activism. 

So less objective reporting and more story time??? Pretty much what we have had the last 40 years or so anyway

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

God bless her, any chance you fly her to CA? We'd fly my mom down here, till she got too feeble to fly, she loved leaving Buffalo in the winter for Florida

No way she’d fly at that age. I’ll go back and visit when this mess is over. 

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

God bless your mom and her long life.

• Thank you (+1) 1