The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Amazing. This is the other theory i just briefly referenced yesterday That I wanted to expand on at a later time.  I actually Brought this up close to 2 months ago.

That COVID-19 antibody herd-immunity is typically viewed by laymans in terms of countries.  That X country has or hasn’t reached herd immunity.  But clearly, you can’t really view it in terms of countries you have to Geographically break it down further.  States to even further pinpointed to cities.

But really it goes much further than that.  To Boroughs and even pinpointed more to neighborhoods.   

Most likely there are sections of a city that may tend to exhibit riskier behavior to contract and spread the virus more so than others based off of logistical structuring and cultural behaviors.   If these places have already hit herd like immunities then the odds of that place becoming a vector for transmission to other parts of the city by extension neighboring cities lessens.

I think this with the Possible T cell immunities that people have developed due to previous coronaviruses and viruses bodes well for the upcoming winter.

With that said, I do think we will see continuous rolling waves over the next 3-6 months.  The places that haven’t been hit all that hard will most likely get hit.  Even rural places.   

Thankfully treatments are getting better to deal with the virus for those that are most vulnerable.  And of course that the virus is not that harmful to the vast majority of the population.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Magox said:

Amazing. This is the other theory i just briefly referenced yesterday That I wanted to expand on at a later time.  I actually Brought this up close to 2 months ago.

That COVID-19 antibody herd-immunity is typically viewed by laymans in terms of countries.  That X country has or hasn’t reached herd immunity.  But clearly, you can’t really view it in terms of countries you have to Geographically break it down further.  States to even further pinpointed to cities.

But really it goes much further than that.  To Boroughs and even pinpointed more to neighborhoods.   

Most likely there are sections of a city that may tend to exhibit riskier behavior to contract and spread the virus more so than others based off of logistical structuring and cultural behaviors.   If these places have already hit herd like immunities then the odds of that place becoming a vector for transmission to other parts of the city by extension neighboring cities lessens.

I think this with the Possible T cell immunities that people have developed due to previous coronaviruses and viruses bodes well for the upcoming winter.

With that said, I do think we will see continuous rolling waves over the next 3-6 months.  The places that haven’t been hit all that hard will most likely get hit.  Even rural places.   

Thankfully treatments are getting better to deal with the virus for those that are most vulnerable.  And of course that the virus is not that harmful to the vast majority of the population.

I believe this is the case. Im all for opening up and am happy we did. That said, the places that are being hit now are those thst didnt before for the most part. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

He actually can't stand Trump, but because he's capable of independent thought and disagrees with leftists about the Fauci issues, you naturally assume he's "a Trump dude."

You provide the clearest example of what it looks like to be a far left nut with literally no ability to think for yourself. When someone disagrees with you, you predictably drop to your natural, lazy assumptions over and over and over.

So embarrassingly predictable.

Independent thought police - aka@Deranged Rhino @Winston Zeddemore -  how many freakn logins do you have?

Let’s open every school and just see what (might) happen. 

A Christian Summer Camp Shut Down After 82 Kids And Staff Got The Coronavirus

Dont worry - Trump will just blame someone else like he always does.

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...make a reservation...........

You’re one sick person. 

@Chef Jim - another missed opportunity. Sad.

Edited by BillStime

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You’re one sick person. 

What opportunity have I missed?

Edited by Chef Jim

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You’re one sick person. 

BuzzFeed? Seriously? You're a big believer in science, did you know according to science, kids have a 0.01% chance of getting or spreading the virus?

15 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

BuzzFeed? Seriously? You're a big believer in science, did you know according to science, kids have a 0.01% chance of getting or spreading the virus?

You wouldn’t care if it were Fox News or REDSTATE - you are programmed not to care to about facts and reality.

At the end of the day - we really don’t know 100% what might happen with this virus but let’s throw our kids back into schools and see what happens.

Lets do it! 

image.thumb.jpeg.c484c1d84c825fa811c36a4447abbd8a.jpeg

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You wouldn’t care if it were Fox News or REDSTATE - you are programmed not to care to about facts and reality.

At the end of the day - we really don’t know 100% what might happen with this virus but let’s throw our kids back into schools and see what happens.

Lets do it! 

I have been taking that chance since this all began.

15 minutes ago, BillStime said:

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

PAUL RAHE:   The Case Against Further Lockdowns.

"Reopening Schools Will Be a Huge Undertaking. It Must Be Done" — say the editors of the NYT.

I'm surprised to see this mainly because it accords with what Trump has been saying — at least at a high level of generality. I'm sure there will be pointed disagreements with Trump about the specifics. 

1 hour ago, Magox said:

The two things worry the most is how long antibody last. There is some saying might not last long. Well see future topic on this. 

Mutation. Seems like the virus trying to be more infectious and less deadly. Hopefully stays this route and be less deadly for everyone. But worrys me if does something different in mutating. 

Ya our rural area has lots of test and roughly been 1-4 cases per day. Rural area. Highest I think 5  (for one day)for NY witch is good. But then see the border only have about 700 tests 5 miles away only like 26 cases. Lot's less tests. I'm confused lol. Rural but but bigger town then one here in NY.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

41 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Lets do it! 

When do we know 100% of what will happen of anything we do?

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Lets do it! 

“We don’t know 100%”? That’s your argument?  Seriously?

• Haha (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, BillStime said:

No one reads your schitt

Most people do.

Unless you are referring to yourself as "no one"

Yet you respond without knowing what the articles truly say.............the sign of a fool.

• Like (+1) 2