The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Dr. Fauci, chief advisor to the president on Covid-19, says he hasn’t briefed the president in two months and isn’t being allowed on TV because of his warnings about the pandemic are so dire. 

28 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Dr. Fauci, chief advisor to the president on Covid-19, says he hasn’t briefed the president in two months and isn’t being allowed on TV because of his warnings about the pandemic are so dire. 

#1) Fauci has been wrong on just about everything so far..masks, # of infections and deaths, virus going away in summer only to get hit with 2nd wave, ..tell what he has gotten right

2) Fauci can go on any damn TV show that wants to have him on..

3) Where the hell did this quote come from? You scared to post the source?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

#1) Fauci has been wrong on just about everything so far..masks, # of infections and deaths, virus going away in summer only to get hit with 2nd wave, ..tell what he has gotten right

2) Fauci can go on any damn TV show that wants to have him on..

3) Where the hell did this quote come from? You scared to post the source?

1. He never said it was going away in the summer. He said it wouldn't totally disappear. We're not in the second wave. It's still the first, which has been exacerbated by Trump and his henchmen and some very stupid governors, and some very stupid Trump supporters who refused to take it seriously.

2. So, you think he's avoiding mainstream American television by his own decision? No one can be that idiotic.

3. The source, as I already wrote, is Fauci. You couldn't understand that from "Dr. Fauci said..."

https://www.morningjournal.com/news/nation-world/fauci-opens-up-about-why-hes-not-being-allowed-on-tv/video_da00c1bc-242e-5c40-b9e5-c07e044a2e15.html 

11 minutes ago, Kemp said:

1. He never said it was going away in the summer. He said it wouldn't totally disappear. We're not in the second wave. It's still the first, which has been exacerbated by Trump and his henchmen and some very stupid governors, and some very stupid Trump supporters who refused to take it seriously. (damn, of course we are not in the 2nd wave, we are still in the first and its growing...use your own words dudes...."he said it wouldn't totally disappear"...that is as far a gulf from exploding cases as can be. Disingenuous at best to suggest he predicted this explosion..he did not, not even close. No need to wear masks, they are useless!!!!This will not be an issue in the US!!!"..he has been wrong about everything)

2. So, you think he's avoiding mainstream American television by his own decision? No one can be that idiotic.( Fauci is a grown ass man, and can do as he chooses... you think Trump can keep him off TV? Nobody can be that idiotic. You really think Trump would risk retaliation in any way against Fauci and his cult of personality)

3. The source, as I already wrote, is Fauci. You couldn't understand that from "Dr. Fauci said...("did Fauci publish or air said statement on his own somewhere? or you really that slow?)

https://www.morningjournal.com/news/nation-world/fauci-opens-up-about-why-hes-not-being-allowed-on-tv/video_da00c1bc-242e-5c40-b9e5-c07e044a2e15.html 

Edited by plenzmd1

12 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

1. He didn't predict it would continue to explode because he wrongly assumed that Trump and some governors would do the obviously right thing. Do you really not get that?

2. You believe Fauci is avoiding the media of his own volition? Trump wouldn't fire someone he disagreed with? Where have you been for the last 3 years? 

3. Glad to see that one sank in.

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

1. He didn't predict it would continue to explode because he wrongly assumed that Trump and some governors would do the obviously right thing. Do you really not get that?

2. You believe Fauci is avoiding the media of his own volition? Trump wouldn't fire someone he disagreed with? Where have you been for the last 3 years? 

3. Glad to see that one sank in.

1) Aghh so now he was really right that it would die off in the summer., as he testified before Congress .and every college is going back early cause of those statements ...then come back strong in 2nd wave in the fall with flu...show me one place where he prediced this massive outbreak in the South. Show me one, thats all it will take.it 

And everyone never Trumper in the world is touting the fact that if we had only woron masks since the beginning, cases would be way down. Accroding to every media outlet simply wearing a cloth covering prevents spread of the diasease. So PLease for love of God address his remarks about masks then and now...and how you think it impacted not only national opinions but spread of the virus.

2) Are you saying Fauci is owned somehow by Trump? And yes, i am saying no way in hell is Trump retaliating  against Fauci in any way shape or form from a purely political standpoint...but lets say Fauci believes he will be fired if he appears on TV shows.  Are you saying Fauci is worried more about his job status at 79 then doing what is right and potentially saving hundred of thousands of lives? Do you think that little of him that he would protect his government job over doing what is right? Man, that's some poop right there.

Listen, i think the guy is a stand up dude that deserve the respect and praise of this entire nation for his lifetime of great work . He has gotten almost everything on this virus wrong

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

1) Aghh so now he was really right that it would die off in the summer., as he testified before Congress .and every college is going back early cause of those statements ...then come back strong in 2nd wave in the fall with flu...show me one place where he prediced this massive outbreak in the South. Show me one, thats all it will take.it 

And everyone never Trumper in the world is touting the fact that if we had only woron masks since the beginning, cases would be way down. Accroding to every media outlet simply wearing a cloth covering prevents spread of the diasease. So PLease for love of God address his remarks about masks then and now...and how you think it impacted not only national opinions but spread of the virus.

2) Are you saying Fauci is owned somehow by Trump? And yes, i am saying no way in hell is Trump retaliating  against Fauci in any way shape or form from a purely political standpoint...but lets say Fauci believes he will be fired if he appears on TV shows.  Are you saying Fauci is worried more about his job status at 79 then doing what is right and potentially saving hundred of thousands of lives? Do you think that little of him that he would protect his government job over doing what is right? Man, that's some poop right there.

Listen, i think the guy is a stand up dude that deserve the respect and praise of this entire nation for his lifetime of great work . He has gotten almost everything on this virus wrong

1. I already answered that when I told you that he expected Trump to respond correctly to the virus. Fauci has already addressed the mask situation. The initial decision on mask-wearing was to ensure that those on the front lines, the ones who needed it the most, must have access to masks. When production ramped up, the policy was altered.

2. Trump has already retaliated against scores of his employees. How can Fauci save any lives when Trump says Fauci is wrong and doesn't follow the recommendations of the scientific community? Do you believe like Trump does, that he knows better than scientists on how to deal with the virus?

Yesterday, Friday, things returned to their ‘normal’ pattern with only two states (CA, TX) just barely reaching a triple digit death count. All others were in low single digits with approximately a dozen reporting zero....again. The general observation I’ll make is that when you drill down into California you’ll see the vast majority of deaths and cases are in Los Angeles county. Unlike NY state, california has many large metro areas. I find it hard to believe there’s ANY difference in the ratio of mask wearers in LA County over other areas. LA County is notoriously liberal non-Trump supporters with an ultra liberal mayor. Why bring it up? Because I still maintain that political leanings have NOTHING to do with the spread of this virus! (By the way, Oklahoma, the home of Tulsa, had a grand total of SIX deaths yesterday.)

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Kemp said:

1. I already answered that when I told you that he expected Trump to respond correctly to the virus. Fauci has already addressed the mask situation. The initial decision on mask-wearing was to ensure that those on the front lines, the ones who needed it the most, must have access to masks. When production ramped up, the policy was altered.

2. Trump has already retaliated against scores of his employees. How can Fauci save any lives when Trump says Fauci is wrong and doesn't follow the recommendations of the scientific community? Do you believe like Trump does, that he knows better than scientists on how to deal with the virus?

1) Not correct on #1..not even freaking close. Fauci said masks do nothing, zero, to help prevent the spread of the virus. Then changed it to any cloth covering works..nothing about production masks etc.

If he truly thought masks helped stopped the spread in March and April, he could have simply said...we believe face coverings of any sort will help prevent the spread, but our healthcare workers need the masks..just use cloth face coverings at all costs!!! Its okay, Fauci is a human, not a God. He made a mistake, as every single human on this planet has. 

2) Fauci voice would be even stronger if he went on TV then got fired. Are you that naive to believe he goes away if Trump fires him? Damn you really are dim

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

1) Not correct on #1..not even freaking close. Fauci said masks do nothing, zero, to help prevent the spread of the virus. Then changed it to any cloth covering works..nothing about production masks etc.

If he truly thought masks helped stopped the spread in March and April, he could have simply said...we believe face coverings of any sort will help prevent the spread, but our healthcare workers need the masks..just use cloth face coverings at all costs!!! Its okay, Fauci is a human, not a God. He made a mistake, as every single human on this planet has. 

2) Fauci voice would be even stronger if he went on TV then got fired. Are you that naive to believe he goes away if Trump fires him? Damn you really are dim

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/502890-fauci-why-the-public-wasnt-told-to-wear-masks

He did simply say it. If you don't pay attention to the news, perhaps you don't know what you are talking about.

Since I have disproven that allegation of yours, you are free to run away and attack me on a different front.

But I'm the dim one in this discussion.

Los Angeles initiated a mandatory ban on masks nearly a month ago.  They have not opened up their economy as much as other cities.  They are home to one of the most paternalistic governors and mayors in the country.  The populace of Los Angeles are largely leftists who despise Trump, meaning whatever Trump says they don’t care.

And yet, Los Angeles has one of the worst if not worst viral outbreaks in the country.

Facts matter

• Thank you (+1) 1

Fauci is a convenient government stooge. I work with guys just like him, but only at the state level. Can you guess why he’s ‘served’ so many administrations over the years? It’s not because he’s a genius. It’s because he’s figured out a way to be totally non-threatening while hanging around the Washington swamp and rarely being called upon to do much of anything at all for years and years. (I’m guessing most of you have a guy or gal in your own office with a similar skill set.) It’s not a bad gig really. He collects a six figure salary, lives in a nice house and pretty much blows in the wind so he doesn’t have to move his family every four or eight years. Then you get a virus from China out of nowhere and the President asks his staff “who’s our point man on this?” and they reply somebody wake up Fauci over at disease control....everyone says: “Is he even still there?”

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Fauci is a convenient government stooge. I work with guys just like him, but only at the state level. Can you guess why he’s ‘served’ so many administrations over the years? It’s not because he’s a genius. It’s because he’s figured out a way to be totally non-threatening while hanging around the Washington swamp and rarely being called upon to do much of anything at all for years and years. (I’m guessing most of you have a guy or gal in your own office with a similar skill set.) It’s not a bad gig really. He collects a six figure salary, lives in a nice house and pretty much blows in the wind so he doesn’t have to move his family every four or eight years. Then you get a virus from China out of nowhere and the President asks his staff “who’s our point man on this?” and they reply somebody wake up Fauci over at disease control....everyone says: “Is he even still there?”

He's like a backup QB for an ironman 1st string QB. He's been in the league for 14 years and has had one start and 7 mop up duty performances.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...not seeing much of Birx lately.................

She was giving interviews last week? This past week? (My goodness time flies.)  Since they are not doing the pressers it seems like she is no longer front and center.

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

She was giving interviews last week? This past week? (My goodness time flies.)  Since they are not doing the pressers it seems like she is no longer front and center.

apologize BG.......have not been watching much of late............:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1