The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

On 5/19/2020 at 10:01 AM, Reality Check said:

On 5/19/2020 at 10:03 AM, Warren Zevon said:

Moderna? PFT - if you wanted to make money you would have bought Novavax

Anyone listen to Gary's advice? Novavax (NVAX) is up about a thousand % this year. Maybe he sold and ran away?

Edited by wAcKy ZeBrA

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

That is some seriously cherry picked data. AZ was at about 70% capacity 6 weeks ago (roughly where it was for months before) and it's now at 90. Lately it's been increasing 2-4% a week. Look at the source data Gal--your Twitter feed is an echo of what you want to see.

image.thumb.png.2e197ee2a4c83e1835966867581d0e15.png

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Cuomo: 

Do one simple thing: Acknowledge to the American people that COVID exists. It is a major problem. It’s going to continue until we admit it and each of us stands up to do our part. If he does not acknowledge that, then he is facilitating the virus. He is enabling the virus. . . . Just wear the mask, and say to the American people, “this is real and it’s a problem and we have to do our part.” We started masks April 15. First state in the nation to start masks. They make a difference.

Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!! This from the NURSING HOME ASSASSIN himself?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

I'm promoting the death of a young black girl??   Your butt sore again?  If so quit pulling stuff out of it.  

So you make light of those you disagree with getting a deadly virus (not highlighting it) and being cool with it.  Carry on..............

Billy's problem is his usual,

misunderstanding to fit his prejudice.

Maybe this will help.........

Informing does ≠ Promoting

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQZnRzQxapu_d_b5ETliu

35 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!! This from the NURSING HOME ASSASSIN himself?

NY is going in the total right direction. You blame an American governor, but if Putin did one thousand times worse, which he has, you’d say nothing 

Party over everything 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

NY is going in the total right direction. You blame an American governor, but if Putin did one thousand times worse, which he has, you’d say nothing 

Party over everything 

WTF does that have to do with anything I said?

3 minutes ago, Cinga said:

I can't stop laughing at this response...........................?

Of course, it is ever-green.

We could use it with almost every Tibsy reply.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You are never going to convince me NYS wasn't over counting deaths. 

Over 21K people died in NYS in just April.  

That's DOUBLE every other state except NJ and well you do the math.....3 times higher than the next highest states.  Five have more than 5K.  

If they were fudging the death count I bet the total dead is barely over 100K and this looks like swine flu (for people over 70) numbers being this is now essentially a full 5 months.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

You are never going to convince me NYS wasn't over counting deaths. 

Over 21K people died in NYS in just April.  

That's DOUBLE every other state except NJ and well you do the math.....3 times higher than the next highest states.  Five have more than 5K.  

If they were fudging the death count I bet the total dead is barely over 100K and this looks like swine flu (for people over 70) numbers being this is now essentially a full 5 months.  

Just curious, what would lead you to believe that the death count was artificially inflated?  NYC is one of the busiest cities in the world with regard to travel and is a global economic hub.  It would only make sense that there would be more cases and more deaths than, say, North Dakota.

Just interested in your train of thought.  Seems intriguing.

34 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Party over everything 

This is right up there with your comment about Trump ‘almost starting a war’. ?

The summer heat and lockdown must be getting to you. Or is it cool in your basement bunker?

2 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Just curious, what would lead you to believe that the death count was artificially inflated?  NYC is one of the busiest cities in the world with regard to travel and is a global economic hub.  It would only make sense that there would be more cases and more deaths than, say, North Dakota.

Really? You don’t find it odd that within less than sixty days NY went from 1,000 deaths a day to less than 30 even without a cure, an approved medication, or a vaccine? Really?

30 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Really? You don’t find it odd that within less than sixty days NY went from 1,000 deaths a day to less than 30 even without a cure, an approved medication, or a vaccine? Really?

It's all thanks to Il Douche's enlightened leadership.

Hell, he even commissioned a blue ribbon commission to put out a commission-approved report, backed by questionable science, which totally exonerates him from the murder of all them old folks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

So NYS had 150K confirmed cases in mid April

And by the end of the month 24K had died.

Why haven't other states that hit 100K (both confirmed and not confirmed) in cases seen anywhere close to those deaths?  

Does that make sense?  NYC density should only impact its # of cases.  And yes in turn deaths.

But no other state not named NJ is even close to their numbers....total and per capita.

So either it's a far less lethal virus then it was when it first broke out in January-March or we're better at treating.....or both.

OR....its been the same lethality the whole time and NYS numbers are inflated.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cinga said:

...priceless isn't it?......"always attack and never defend".........Nixon made an art form of it and Tibsy is following a REPUBLICAN'S mantra......gotta love it.....

• Thank you (+1) 1

More people died on average per day in NYS in April then the entire country has averaged in June.

No one wants to look into that?  

Lots of things could be or have happened but in my simple basic understanding of viruses like this.....the virus is nowhere near as lethal as it was in January.  

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

More people died on average per day in NYS in April then the entire country has averaged in June.

No one wants to look into that?  

Lots of things could be or have happened but in my simple basic understanding of viruses like this.....the virus is nowhere near as lethal as it was in January.  

...didn't Big Fredo blow it off (nursing home deaths in particular) as a "shiny object"?.......probably check his 99th consecutive daily briefing......he hates cameras......