The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

8 hours ago, 123719bwiqrb said:

Masks are here to stay.  Who is going to be the dude or dudette to rescind their mask order?  NO ONE, EVER.  Once COVARD1919 is over, then the FLU and the common cold will require it.  Just look at how many lives we saved!!!1!!!!!!1111!!!  We have to be a smarter society, SMART TOUGH LOVIE NY

Can’t be too safe!!! 

But seriously, this is what I keep telling my wife, but she’s convinced that the mask thing will go away once things are “back to normal”.  Heh.

26 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Can’t be too safe!!! 

But seriously, this is what I keep telling my wife, but she’s convinced that the mask thing will go away once things are “back to normal”.  Heh.

Trust me, this mask thing is the bomb.  The toothless hicks weren't using them, and look at all the cases now because they are rebels.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, 123719bwiqrb said:

Brace for shoshin's "we'll see where we're at in two weeks" and jrober's end of the world proclamations tomorrow when the Tuesday death numbers get released.

It's fascinating when real data comes out.  Based on current trends it appears that we have found much more effective treatment and the surge in cases means people are taking advantage of testing, making herd immunity more of a reality.  Regardless, life goes on and when the going gets tough, the tough get going.  God Bless America.

• Like (+1) 1

I made this case a few times and I’m not sure why others who are analyzing this stuff haven’t made the possible link.

All these people who didn’t go to get medical care because of fear of contracting COVID could very well make up a statistically significant number of the “excess deaths”.  The default response from some is that they *have* to be COVID related.  I think it’s just as plausible that it’s due to this as well.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yesterday, Monday, after a three day holiday weekend, we saw an almost imperceptible increase in Covid related deaths with only two states (CA and TX) reporting just over 50 fatalities and forty states (80% of the country) registering in single digits or none at all. NY reported NINETEEN deaths down from highs that were once approaching one thousand per day. So with so few deaths from this killer virus, and 80% of the nation virtually unaffected, why is the media screeching on about a national policy on mask wearing? 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 1

Today and the next few days are going to be very telling one way or the other.   Because of the weekend and holiday there was expected to be a downturn in deaths reported. 

The question is how many of those get counted in these upcoming reports.  If the deaths are about the same or only up like 20% or less from the previous week that would be really good news as the 7 day moving average would still be trending down from last week.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Magox said:

Today and the next few days are going to be very telling one way or the other.   Because of the weekend and holiday there was expected to be a downturn in deaths reported. 

The question is how many of those get counted in these upcoming reports.  If the deaths are about the same or only up like 20% or less from the previous week that would be really good news as the 7 day moving average would still be trending down from last week.

You death rate watchers are hoping and wishing on the wrong stat....ain’t going nowhere but backward with new cases over 20k a day and positive test rates going up not down. Congrats America....school, football, restaurants, full recovery all gonna be tough with the LIBERATE strategy?

Tremendous

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yesterday, Monday, after a three day holiday weekend, we saw an almost imperceptible increase in Covid related deaths with only two states (CA and TX) reporting just over 50 fatalities and forty states (80% of the country) registering in single digits or none at all. NY reported NINETEEN deaths down from highs that were once approaching one thousand per day. So with so few deaths from this killer virus, and 80% of the nation virtually unaffected, why is the media screeching on about a national policy on mask wearing? 

you do realize that it takes 2-4 weeks to see case spikes, and deaths lag about 2 weeks after that. a national holiday last weekend has nothing to do with the current numbers right now. 

5 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

you do realize that it takes 2-4 weeks to see case spikes, and deaths lag about 2 weeks after that. a national holiday last weekend has nothing to do with the current numbers right now. 

You do realize that the media panic over the South & Southwest started in earnest in the second week of June.  Surely by your estimates we should have seen a commensurate rise in hospitalizations, ICU use and deaths by now.

Yet here we are

• Thank you (+1) 2

Anyone who tuned into “Face the Nation” Sunday morning witnessed a particularly despicable example as host Margaret Brennan did her best to gin up another round of unjustified panic over COVID-19. According to Brennan, Sunday may have been “the most sobering morning after the fourth of July in America’s history” because for “the fourth day in a row of more than 50,000 new reported cases of COVID-19. They are on the rise now in 40 of 50 states.”

Brennan somehow neglected to mention that, despite the upsurge in reported infections, not only has the number of daily fatalities continued to fall; the virus’s official death tally for July 4 was down to 254, the lowest number we’ve seen since March 23, a week after the wave of media-inspired repressive lockdowns began. Moreover, the official fatality count for July 5 was even lower at 251. These numbers are less than a tenth of the peak daily fatalities we were hearing in late April.

Besides being great news in and of itself, the drop in fatalities also completely flips the media’s bogus script on all those new reported cases. The latter have been increasing since June 24, but the number of reported deaths nonetheless keeps going down; meaning that COVID-19 is revealed to be less and less deadly every single day.

Of course, “Face the Nation” is by no means the only media outlet desperately trying to drive us into a second wave of groundless mass hysteria.  CNN, The Washington Post, The New York Times, and pretty much every other mainstream media outfit you can name all ran gloom-and-doom headlines last week about the increase in reported cases instead of the real news that fatalities have decreased down to what they were in March.

In May, 600 hundred physicians signed a letter to president Trump in which they called the coronavirus shutdowns a “mass casualty incident” with “exponentially growing negative health consequences” for millions of patients suffering from other maladies.

Yet the mainstream press hasn’t made any of this information widely known.

Nor have they made any attempt to keep a tally of how many people have died or had their lives destroyed by the completely unjustified panic they caused about a virus whose median age for fatalities is 80.

Imagine a world in which we were given a daily count of the number of already struggling Americans driven to suicide because of the viciously cruel loneliness and isolation this lockdown inflicted on them.

Imagine if we got a daily tally of those who died because they didn’t get necessary medical treatment either because it was shut down or because the media made them too afraid to leave their homes.

Imagine if we got a daily tally of Americans who were successfully recovering from alcohol or drug addiction, only to be driven back into the hellish nightmare of chemical dependency because they were deprived of the salvation of a daily work routine and confined to their homes.

Imagine if we got a daily tally of the children who were sexually abused because they were locked down with drunk and angry relatives deprived of any way to earn a living.

President Trump famously labeled the mainstream media the enemy of the people. But if all the death and devastation caused by the lies they peddled and truth they withheld about COVID-19 was drummed into our heads every day just like the virus’s supposed death tally has been, enemy of the people would seem way too mild.

We may never know how much death and despair was caused over a virus that has virtually no chance of killing young and healthy people. But we do know there’s been enough to call it an atrocity. And those who intentionally created the unjustified panic aren’t just the enemy of the people; they’re positively demonic.

https://www.redstate.com/michael_thau/2020/07/06/good-news-about-covid-19-buried-by-media-as-they-try-to-create-another-panic/

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

It's great they are re-closing gyms in Florida, but why were they open in the first place? Dumb. 

And dumb for going to one during pandemic. 

I go every day.  Dumb to live in fear.  

5 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Dereliction of duty 

#TrumpKillUs?   

Hang on let me check........nope still alive.  Sorry.  Maybe he'll kill me later.   That would make you happy. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Hang on let me check........nope still alive.  Sorry.  Maybe he'll kill me later.   That would make you happy. 

Not true. That would be sad. Never want to see harm to anyone, let alone another Bills fan.

Edited by BillStime