The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 hours ago, Capco said:

Well then. Good morning fellow Bills fan. 

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Go Bills!

If I’ve told you people once............

Planning on a trip to NY in three weeks. Has Cuomo built his wall yet?  Will us filthy “immigrants” from shithole states be allowed in?  

28 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

If I’ve told you people once............

Planning on a trip to NY in three weeks. Has Cuomo built his wall yet?  Will us filthy “immigrants” from shithole states be allowed in?  

Yes, but you need to hide in Fredo's basement for 14 days first.  Then and only then can you enjoy the milk & honey that is NYS.

• Haha (+1) 1

On Sunday, Phoenix Mayor Kate Gallego (D) lambasted the governor on ABC News’s “This Week”:

GALLEGO: We opened way too early in Arizona. We were one of the last states to go to stay-at-home and one the first to reemerge. …
We had crowded nightclubs handing out free champagne, no masks. Our 20- to 44-year-olds, which is my own demographic, really led the explosion, and we’ve seen such growth in that area. We’re seeing a lot of people go to large family gatherings and infect their family members.
We are in a crisis related to testing. Was visiting a testing facility this weekend, people waiting still eight hours. ... Our governor has preempted us from closing different types of businesses or moving restaurants to take-out only. We really want as many tools as possible.
We had to beg to be able to implement masking orders. We were originally preempted from doing that, but I’m thankful the governor did allow cities to put masking orders in place, which I think will help. If you’ve seen some of the data from communities that had them, masks do slow the spread and can be important. Also to indicate to us that we are still in a crisis and have to take this seriously.
I think when nightclubs were open, it sent the signal that we had, again, defeated covid and, obviously, that is not the case.
ABC’s MARTHA RADDATZ: And many mixed messages coming from all over the place. Is that a problem?
GALLEGO: It is. President Trump was in my community, chose not to wear a mask, and he’s having large events while I am trying to push people that you need to stay at home and that events with more than 10 people are dangerous per the Centers for Disease Control.

In case this wasn’t posted before.  Pretty clear explanation of why the data doesn’t line up with the narrative (and of course why this was a relative non-event in Asia)

Edited by GG
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

On Sunday, Phoenix Mayor Kate Gallego (D) lambasted the governor on ABC News’s “This Week”:

GALLEGO: We opened way too early in Arizona. We were one of the last states to go to stay-at-home and one the first to reemerge. …
We had crowded nightclubs handing out free champagne, no masks. Our 20- to 44-year-olds, which is my own demographic, really led the explosion, and we’ve seen such growth in that area. We’re seeing a lot of people go to large family gatherings and infect their family members.
We are in a crisis related to testing. Was visiting a testing facility this weekend, people waiting still eight hours. ... Our governor has preempted us from closing different types of businesses or moving restaurants to take-out only. We really want as many tools as possible.
We had to beg to be able to implement masking orders. We were originally preempted from doing that, but I’m thankful the governor did allow cities to put masking orders in place, which I think will help. If you’ve seen some of the data from communities that had them, masks do slow the spread and can be important. Also to indicate to us that we are still in a crisis and have to take this seriously.
I think when nightclubs were open, it sent the signal that we had, again, defeated covid and, obviously, that is not the case.
ABC’s MARTHA RADDATZ: And many mixed messages coming from all over the place. Is that a problem?
GALLEGO: It is. President Trump was in my community, chose not to wear a mask, and he’s having large events while I am trying to push people that you need to stay at home and that events with more than 10 people are dangerous per the Centers for Disease Control.

WOW! Who would have expected a Democrat Mayor to be so unkind speaking of a Republican President and Republican Governor?

8 minutes ago, GG said:

In case this wasn’t posted before.  Pretty clear explanation of why the data doesn’t line up with the narrative (and of course why this was a relative non-event in Asia)

Big if true.

Seriously, looks like George Carlin's "swimming in sewage as a kid" approach to life has some merit.  Who would have knew (probably not WHO)?

14 minutes ago, GG said:

Interesting take of why so many people have no, or mild symptoms from Covid19.
The basic argument seems sound. 60 - 90% of people had in the past been exposed to one of 4 previous coronaviruses and if exposed to this one, triggers an immunity memory which helps them fight off this one.
Considering the number of cases is still increasing, while the death rate is still falling, perhaps there is some truth in this and we are indeed near herd immunity. Indeed also could explain how so many younger are getting it now, as they may never have been exposed to a Rona before.
  • Like (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, GG said:

I believe this to be true!  Which explains places that were hit really hard such as New York, Copenhagen, Italy, France and Belgium who most likely were hit with around 30+% or thereabouts who now are seeing hardly any upticks now.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

She is right. I am going to whisper this to Barron tonight when I tuck him in.

True health is from sunshine, exercise, fresh fruit, social contact and breathing in as much oxygen as you possibly can.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Masks are here to stay.  Who is going to be the dude or dudette to rescind their mask order?  NO ONE, EVER.  Once COVARD1919 is over, then the FLU and the common cold will require it.  Just look at how many lives we saved!!!1!!!!!!1111!!!  We have to be a smarter society, SMART TOUGH LOVIE NY

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Back to the thread........................again ?

The American Academy of Pediatrics has released a needed opinion that is strongly in favor of getting children back to school this fall. It’s just what the nation needs right now in times that seem anything but normal.

“The AAP,” the group’s statement reads, “strongly advocates that all policy considerations for the coming school year should start with a goal of having students physically present in school.“

“Schools are fundamental to child and adolescent development and well-being,” AAP’s statement points out. They “provide our children and adolescents with academic instruction, social and emotional skills, safety, reliable nutrition, physical/speech and mental health therapy, and opportunities for physical activity, among other benefits.”

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonexaminer.com ...

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Melania Trump said:

She is right. I am going to whisper this to Barron tonight when I tuck him in.

True health is from sunshine, exercise, fresh fruit, social contact and breathing in as much oxygen as you possibly can.

I bet every time you come up from the basement your moms blood pressure spikes.