The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 hours ago, Reality Check said:

I asked this question 2 months ago as to whether they were testing for COVID 19 or just the coronavirus family...

I was an ignorant conspiracy theorist who doesn't believe in science for asking the question then...

No need to get a new uniform; You still can be part of that team.

4 hours ago, Magox said:

And this seems important.  We should get some clarification on that.

That quote from the CDC is about testing for past infections. If anything, that answer could suggest that the positive antibody tests overstate the current spread and/or give a false sense of security to people who test positive. 

It is a real quote at least. A real quote taken out of context by someone who probably didn't read the whole thing but still. 

Edit: Wow that guy is a TV doctor. What a hack!

Edited by shoshin

14 minutes ago, shoshin said:

That quote from the CDC is about testing for past infections. If anything, that answer could suggest that the positive antibody tests overstate the current spread and/or give a false sense of security to people who test positive. 

It is a real quote at least. A real quote taken out of context by someone who probably didn't read the whole thing but still. 

He's been more accurate then some of the sources you've posted.

Just sayin'

...the MSM sensationalizing the SOLE reporting of new cases tells me all I need to know.....politicizing skanks.......no breakdown of cases or what they mean because there is NO political capital in that......so the defiant segment marches on ignoring any and all warnings or advisories in distrust of the repugnant, scurrilous MSM...thank God the likes of Huntley, Brinkley, Murrow, Cronkite et al are no longer around to see the repugnant nature of their ONCE proud industry.............

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...the MSM sensationalizing the SOLE reporting of new cases tells me all I need to know.....politicizing skanks.......no breakdown of cases or what they mean because there is NO political capital in that......so the defiant segment marches on ignoring any and all warnings or advisories in distrust of the repugnant, scurrilous MSM...thank God the likes of Huntley, Brinkley, Murrow, Cronkite et al are no longer around to see the repugnant nature of their ONCE proud industry.............

Journalism is dead, true journalists no longer exist, and as you so eloquently stated many times, they are urinalists

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

You are still an arrogant know it all chicken little  prick that still can't figure out that we have been conned...

you can keep your big-pharma uniform too...

it looks good on you...

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Magox said:

And this seems important.  We should get some clarification on that.

This seems off.  Just about everyone has contracted an illness from a coronavirus in their past.

If I get tested and am negative for antibodies, what does that mean? Does that mean I’ve never had a stomach bug or a common cold? 

• Like (+1) 1

Sorry I’m late today but a guy’s gotta have a life:

Yesterday, Saturday, saw what I think was another low point since I’ve been giving this daily report...only 254 deaths across the ENTIRE country! California was highest with 27 and FORTY states were either in single digits or reported zero Covid fatalities. 

Seeing as how we cancelled the Fourth of July in deference to Trash America Day, it’s nice see some really good news.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Sorry I’m late today but a guy’s gotta have a life:

Yesterday, Saturday, saw what I think was another low point since I’ve been giving this daily report...only 254 deaths across the ENTIRE country! California was highest with 27 and FORTY states were either in single digits or reported zero Covid fatalities. 

Seeing as how we cancelled the Fourth of July in deference to Trash America Day, it’s nice see some really good news.

I like this but hate this. Left pushing this as the new normal but it isnt. 

37 minutes ago, snafu said:

This seems off.  Just about everyone has contracted an illness from a coronavirus in their past.

If I get tested and am negative for antibodies, what does that mean? Does that mean I’ve never had a stomach bug or a common cold? 

It is off. It was a stupid quote and if fee any at all, only relevant to testing to see if you already had Covid, not active case counts. Bad info. 

3 hours ago, Magox said:

He's been more accurate then some of the sources you've posted.

Just sayin'

Very defensive eh?

Just admit his point was stupid and it wasn’t a good item share. It happens. 

AFTER MASSIVE BLACK LIVES MATTER PROTESTS ACROSS AMERICA, 

U.S. logs 26th straight day of record average case totals.

The seven-day average of novel coronavirus cases in the United States set a record for the 26th straight day on Saturday as officials and health experts watched nervously to see whether July 4 gatherings would increase the spread. The new high came even as the holiday kept some state health departments from reporting their latest batches of infections.

The virus continued to spiral out of control in much of the country, particularly in the South, as several states experienced record numbers of confirmed infections and hospitalizations. Florida logged another daily high number of new cases, while hospitalizations in Arizona set a record, and ICU capacity at the world’s largest medical center, in Houston, was exceeded at one point.

CTRL-F NOT FOUND: “Protest.”

8 hours ago, Magox said:

The people will not comply.  Friday and Saturday in my city/town was also busy, people out and about everywhere.   

Americas obsession with 4th of july is something I will never understand. Wish "patriots" put this much attention and effort into helping fix this country's deep rooted issues 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Americas obsession with 4th of july is something I will never understand. Wish "patriots" put this much attention and effort into helping fix this country's deep rooted issues 

The 4th of July is a celebration of our INDEPENDENCE. Patriots celebrate because they love our country. You can't understand that because you obviously do not love our country. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

No words for your kind!