The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 hour ago, Gene Frenkle said:

What's the difference and how does your logic work?

You could theoretically test positive and actually die from something else. Would be hard to prove one way or another outside of obvious cases.

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

You could theoretically test positive and actually die from something else. Would be hard to prove one way or another outside of obvious cases.

Agreed, but I still don't get the point. Why would it be more likely now?

Trump 'all for masks,' looked like 'Lone Ranger' in one

President unsure if mandatory mask mandate is necessary

Facebook

Twitter

Comments

Print

Email

By Paul BestFOXBusiness

Trump: I’ll wear a mask if I’m in a crowd

President Trump, in an exclusive interview with FOX Business' Blake Burman, says he’s not against masks and does wear a mask when he’s close to a group of people.

President Trump has been criticized by politicians for not wearing a mask in public, but he told FOX Business’ Blake Burman on Wednesday he has worn one in the past and the only reason he doesn’t wear one more often is because everyone gets tested before meeting with him.

“I would. Oh, I have. I mean, people have seen me wearing one,” Trump said when Burman asked if he would wear a mask. “If I'm in a group of people where we're not, you know, 10 feet away, and -- but, usually, I'm not in that position. And everyone's tested. Because I'm the president, they get tested before they see me.”

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said Sunday that a national mask mandate is “long overdue.” Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden said last week he "would insist that everybody in public be wearing that mask.”

PELOSI FAILS TO WEAR MASK PROPERLY DESPITE HER CALLS FOR NATIONAL MANDATE

But Trump said he doesn’t think a national mask mandate is necessary.

“I don't know if you need mandatory, because you have many places in the country where people stay very long distance. You talk about social distancing. But I'm all for masks,” Trump told Burman.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/trump-all-for-masks-looked-like-lone-ranger-in-one

Published 20 hours ago
Last Update 17 hours ago

Kim Guilfoyle tests positive, Don Jr. negative, for coronavirus, Trump campaign confirms

Neither traveled with President Trump aboard Air Force One, a report said

Fox News Flash top headlines for July 3

Fox News Flash top headlines are here. Check out what's clicking on Foxnews.com.

Kimberly Guilfoyle, a senior adviser to the Trump 2020 Campaign and girlfriend of Donald Trump Jr., has tested positive for the coronavirus, the campaign confirmed Friday night.

“After testing positive, Kimberly was immediately isolated to limit any exposure. She’s doing well, and will be retested to ensure the diagnosis is correct since she’s asymptomatic, but as a precaution will cancel all upcoming events,” Sergio Gor, chief of staff of the Trump Victory Finance Committee, told Fox News.

“Donald Trump Jr. was tested negative but as a precaution is also self-isolating and is canceling all public events,” Gor added.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kim-guilfoyle-tests-positive-don-jr-negative-for-coronavirus-trump-campaign-confirms

Nascar driver Jimmie Johnson tested positive for covid19

Walked around on the American side of the Falls tonight with my family. Looking over at Canada, everything looked open--seemed like people were having a really good time. The American side was a bit more somber but still nice. You could see Canada was projecting the red white and blue colors on the horseshoe falls but of course the view from the US is kinda lame. Still felt neighborly of them trying to celebrate us, and the US citizens who are in Canada got a show.

Decent crowds, not more than 50% masked. 

My dad was at home in Buffalo. For the first time since he was a teenager, he's not been able to go to Canada to what was his father and uncle's cottage on Lake Erie. He has only so many summer left and it breaks his heart. He's wearing a mask everywhere, gloves, barely leaving the house. He's trying to will his way to getting our case count down so Canada will accept us before the summer is over but that's not happening. I doubt they will allow us in before spring 2021.

Be well everyone. My dad wants you to stay safe and get our cases down so we can travel again. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 5

12 hours ago, shoshin said:

Walked around on the American side of the Falls tonight with my family. Looking over at Canada, everything looked open--seemed like people were having a really good time. The American side was a bit more somber but still nice. Decent crowds, not more than 50% masked. 

My dad was at home in Buffalo. For the first time since he was a teenager, he's not been able to go to Canada to what was his father and uncle's cottage on Lake Erie. He has only so many summer left and it breaks his heart. He's wearing a mask everywhere, gloves, barely leaving the house. He's trying to will his way to getting our case count down so Canada will accept us before the summer is over but that's not happening. I doubt they will allow us in before spring 2021.

Be well everyone. My dad wants you to stay safe and get our cases down so we can travel again. 

Sorry about your dad man. My mom turns 95 next month. I do not want her last days on the planet stuck in her house. I want her out riding her Harley like she was last summer. Ok ok taking her walker up the sidewalk but might as well have been a Harley. It was a beautiful sight to see the pic from 3,000 miles away. Luckily if things stay as they are my trip to visit for the festivities are still on. 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Just an FYI, but this isn't "breaking", it's about a month old, and was walked back.

‘We don’t actually have that answer yet’: WHO clarifies comments on asymptomatic spread of Covid-19

“The WHO created confusion yesterday when it reported that asymptomatic patients rarely spread the disease,” an email from the Harvard Global Health Institute said Tuesday. “All of the best evidence suggests that people without symptoms can and do readily spread SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes Covid-19. In fact, some evidence suggests that people may be most infectious in the days before they become symptomatic — that is, in the presymptomatic phase when they feel well, have no symptoms, but may be shedding substantial amounts of virus.”

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Magox said:

And this seems important.  We should get some clarification on that.

I asked this question 2 months ago as to whether they were testing for COVID 19 or just the coronavirus family...

I was an ignorant conspiracy theorist who doesn't believe in science for asking the question then...

now that the damage of this scamdemic is done, I guess the horse is out of the barn now...

well, onto the next federal scam...

thanks China...

• Like (+1) 3