The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

16 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Indeed, wishing her a speedy recovery.

Anyways...

I found this article interesting... state-by-state approval ratings of their governor’s handling of the COVID crisis.

Hawaii in last place... wtf?

https://thestacker.com/stories/4227/approval-ratings-how-every-governor-handling-covid-19

8 hours ago, shoshin said:

Did DeSantis release FL hospital data today? I don't see it (and can't find it). All I see is this chart that shows spiking hospitalizations by day. Is there anyplace that shows bed usage and capacity? I'm asking here because I believe Magox lives in FL and maybe others too. We probably are only seeing the beginning of hospitalization rises in FL and I'd like a good source to watch. 

At Worldometer go to Florida far right projections , hospital resource use 

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america/florida

15 hours ago, Magox said:

This seems noteworthy 

I decided to look it up and it checks out.

——-The percentage of deaths attributed to pneumonia and influenza (P&I) increased to 8.2% and is above the epidemic threshold of 7.2%. —————

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020/s0404-covid19-surveillance-report.html

....so why the hell do you want to muddy the waters with FACTS?.......MSM will be devastated......................

Yesterday, Friday, only three states (CA, FL, NJ) reported over fifty Covid deaths with none anywhere near triple digits. Thirty five states were in single digits. This daily report hasn’t moved much in weeks now. I get the feeling that we’ve reached the point where most of the deaths are people dying WITH the virus and not people dying FROM the virus.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Not my point. Making fun of someone who gets it based on their political affiliation is out of line. 

Not for the sadistic grave dancer

Now that high risk people especially nursing homes are better protected the death rate is going down. Younger victims and better treatment now saves lives. Just don't overwhelm the hospitals in hot spots with careless behavior. If covid causes long term lung damage young people should be warned.

1 minute ago, ALF said:

Now that high risk people especially nursing homes are better protected the death rate is going down. Younger victims and better treatment now saves lives. Just don't overwhelm the hospitals in hot spots with careless behavior. If covid causes long term lung damage young people should be warned.

And there lies the political side of it. The narrative has shifted to cases and the in depth coverage has shifted to virtual silence. I believe the President and his team need to address the country and give an update. If cases are way up and deaths are way down then what’s a case look like? It’s obviously not a death sentence.

13 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And there lies the political side of it. The narrative has shifted to cases and the in depth coverage has shifted to virtual silence. I believe the President and his team need to address the country and give an update. If cases are way up and deaths are way down then what’s a case look like? It’s obviously not a death sentence.

no way to confirm if the case count is legit

testing in the lab claimed  >95% accuracy that a positive test did belong to a subject with the virus. 

only 60-70% accuracy in the total realm of infected subjects, as many infected generated false negative readings 

Recent case counts challenge the accuracy of tests.

The bulk of those generating positive now show no symptoms.

Since the PCR test does not isolate and test against the actual virus, there is no way to tell if these new positive case subjects actually have the virus.

There will never be any visual confirmation of symptoms for the majority of the new "positive" cases. 

The testing accuracy may very well be closer to the 60-70% - which is no way to set national policy

3 hours ago, ALF said:

At Worldometer go to Florida far right projections , hospital resource use 

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america/florida

that graph is all projected numbers

modeling at its finest

you do realize that a well managed hospital actively plans to maintain 95% (in Houston) use of the ICU ward

so they can, you know, make money and stay in business 

4 minutes ago, spartacus said:

no way to confirm if the case count is legit

testing in the lab claimed  >95% accuracy that a positive test did belong to a subject with the virus. 

only 60-70% accuracy in the total realm of infected subjects, as many infected generated false negative readings 

Recent case counts challenge the accuracy of tests.

The bulk of those generating positive now show no symptoms.

Since the PCR test does not isolate and test against the actual virus, there is no way to tell if these new positive case subjects actually have the virus.

There will never be any visual confirmation of symptoms for the majority of the new "positive" cases. 

The testing accuracy may very well be closer to the 60-70% - which is no way to set national policy

Honest question: So why do you believe people are getting tested? Do they not have symptoms? The only people I know in my circle in California who’ve been tested are those who think they’ve been in contact with someone who was positive. I don’t know a SINGLE person who got tested because they have any active symptoms. Kind of makes me wonder what we’re doing!

46 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Not my point. Making fun of someone who gets it based on their political affiliation is out of line. 

Awe ref... you’ll get over it. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f290869b4a70f5df6ab82

And I’ll be sure to remind you of this outrage when we see you and your friends make fun of someone based on their political affiliation. 

Edited by BillStime

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Honest question: So why do you believe people are getting tested? Do they not have symptoms? The only people I know in my circle in California who’ve been tested are those who think they’ve been in contact with someone who was positive. I don’t know a SINGLE person who got tested because they have any active symptoms. Kind of makes me wonder what we’re doing!

from DeSantis press conf, 2 people at Orlando airport showed symptoms and tested positive.

they tested the whole airport

found 500 positives, no symptoms  

similar stories for migrant labor camps and prisons 

major reason why the count numbers are up and nobody is sick in hospitals 

also all people checking into a hospital for anything are getting tested.

Many are testing positve with no symptoms, but it counts as a case and a hospitalization in the stats

Testing is being done because there is a mandate for the states to test, Florida needs to test 30,000 per day 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Awe ref... you’ll get over it. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f290869b4a70f5df6ab82

And I’ll be sure to remind you of this outrage when we see you and your friends make fun of someone based on their political affiliation. 

There’s making fun of someone and then there is making fun of someone with a deadly virus. Sorry...you crossed a line here. 

And I’ll wait for you to point out when I do it. And you better believe I’ll point it out when my “friends” does it. 

Take your next paycheck and buy some class.