The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

45 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

You have a very strange definition of proven, but I guess that isn't surprising when you have a strange definition for defund. Am I wrong in assuming you also have strange definitions for gender and racism?

the du jour tactic for those who want to erase history... change the meaning of words.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, LB3 said:

@plenzmd1 I have to give you credit for engaging in Covid discussions on the main board. It is an army of people who don't actually read the articles they post and are dug in on their fear. It's actually hilarious seeing YOU, being deemed a Trumper. I'd be permanently banned if I tried what you're doing over there. Keep up the good work. ?

Hapless is the worst because she posts her data and then threatens you with moderation if you engage or dispute her conclusions.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Hapless is the worst because she posts her data and then threatens you with moderation if you engage or dispute her conclusions.

Which is kind of ironic in a thread that supposed to be devoted to facts only.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, FireChans said:

If you really want to walk into the fire, try posting something counter to their takes in that little echo chamber called the shoutbox... :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

3 minutes ago, GG said:

Which is kind of ironic in a thread that supposed to be devoted to facts only.

I will come to her defense, she is in an impossible situation as a mod. We have had a productive back and forth over the last week or so, and i do get many of her points as well. 

As I told her, i get so frustrated but the misinformation and let it get my ire up, and should not let that happen..that board or here.

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, FireChans said:

She does a decent job of trying to be impartial. Has a bit of an appeal to authority complex on the subject. Her opinions are very clear in her posting, factual or otherwise.

Funny side note. The psycho who was inferring that plenzmd1 is a Trumper also complained that the mods have a bias against left leaning posters. ?? 

Edited by LB3
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

If it has been proven that thousands upon thousands of people, shoulder to shoulder, for hours on end, did not result in any major out breaks, then why are we not in baseball stadiums right now watching our favorite teams?

because protesting for human rights and watching a baseball game is so far apart in terms of importance, and the fact you can't see that is mind blowing

your argument is basically stating baseball is as important as decades long of injustice. you will never EVER win this argument. 

11 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Kinda like all those NY nursing home deaths are on Cuomo, right?

I don't like Cuomo? if that is what you are implying. he is another DNC puppet. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

You have a very strange definition of proven, but I guess that isn't surprising when you have a strange definition for defund. Am I wrong in assuming you also have strange definitions for gender and racism?

it isn't really strange. why can't anyone in this thread explain why america is having such a hard time fighting through this virus? And don't blame it on the high population because thats not it. 

Tokyo is more densely populated than any city in this country and did a 100x better job at controlling this virus..why? 

1 minute ago, Penfield45 said:

it isn't really strange. why can't anyone in this thread explain why america is having such a hard time fighting through this virus? And don't blame it on the high population because thats not it. 

Tokyo is more densely populated than any city in this country and did a 100x better job at controlling this virus..why? 

Why do you consider increased cases as difficulty fighting through it? Was it your expectation that it would go away if we hid long enough? 

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Why do you consider increased cases as difficulty fighting through it? Was it your expectation that it would go away if we hid long enough? 

its not just cases though, its the entire ideology of dealing with the pandemic. america has successfully turned a health concern into a political statement. people are more obsessed with news companies fear mongering than stoping the spread of the virus. 

1 hour ago, Penfield45 said:

except it has already been proven that protests did not result in any major outbreaks. its been over a month, results are in. 

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

If it has been proven that thousands upon thousands of people, shoulder to shoulder, for hours on end, did not result in any major out breaks, then why are we not in baseball stadiums right now watching our favorite teams?

Your argument above is that protests didn't result in any outbreaks. My counter argument was, if that is true, then there should be no problem with similar events, like sitting in a stadium watching a baseball game.

It is a simple one to one comparison in terms of health risks. If one event doesn't, how do you put it, "result in the death of old people," then a similar event shouldn't "kill old people" either.

16 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

because protesting for human rights and watching a baseball game is so far apart in terms of importance, and the fact you can't see that is mind blowing

your argument is basically stating baseball is as important as decades long of injustice. you will never EVER win this argument. 

Now your argument is that they both present health risks in terms of "resulting in the death of old people;" however, the motivation for the gathering is what makes it ok to kill old people?

You truly are an idiot. Seriously, you are not very smart.

AS AN ASIDE: Numerous people, including myself, have asked you to followup with your childish tantrum about the white supremacist in Louisville. You know the hispanic BLM protester, Steven Lopez?

While you are posting inane drivel, maybe you could address that as well?

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Your argument above is that protests didn't result in any outbreaks. My counter argument was, if that is true, then there should be no problem with similar events, like sitting in a stadium watching a baseball game.

It is a simple one to one comparison in terms of health risks. If one event doesn't, how do you put it, "result in the death of old people," then a similar event shouldn't "kill old people" either.

Now your argument is that they both present health risks in terms of "resulting in the death of old people;" however, the motivation for the gathering is what makes it ok to kill old people?

You truly are an idiot. Seriously, you are not very smart.

AS AN ASIDE: Numerous people, including myself, have asked you to followup with your childish tantrum about the white supremacist in Louisville. You know the hispanic BLM protester, Steven Lopez?

While you are posting inane drivel, maybe you could address that as well?

there is literally zero proof that guy was part of the BLM protest. 

he was also homeless and had a gun. how does a homeless person get a gun in this country? oh wait, anyone can get a gun because we hand them out like candy. 

Edited by Penfield45

21 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

your argument is basically stating baseball is as important as decades long of injustice. you will never EVER win this argument. ...

you're an idiot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Penfield45 said:

there is literally zero proof that guy was part of the BLM protest. 

That's it? That is your response to that entire post?

Not only are you not very smart, but you don't even have the balls to own it when you are wrong...

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Trump told Fox Business on Wednesday: “I think we’re going to be very good with the coronavirus. I think at some point that’s going to, sort of, just disappear, I hope.”

?

He was talking about you but could not say your name due to COC concerns.

30 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Why?  Because Japan does not have tens of thousands of Chinese running through it because of their recent history including the Second World War.  

29 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

I don't like Cuomo? if that is what you are implying. he is another DNC puppet. 

You seem to be incapable of managing multiple thoughts.  The virus doesn't care about your beliefs and feelings. 

So it's highly disingenuous for public officials to berate and bar one portion of the population from engaging in activities that hold the same viral transmission risks as the encouraged protests.

• Thank you (+1) 2