The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 minute ago, Magox said:

More regarding the COVID hospitalizations that aren’t COVID related.

That’s quite amazing 

Maybe when DeSantis deigns to share the FL hospitalization data, he can include that piece. 

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Maybe when DeSantis deigns to share the FL hospitalization data, he can include that piece. 

I doubt it would be on the dashboard but I wouldn’t be surprised if he had that data presented under some sort of graphic for his communications.

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Yep.

can someone explain this chart to me? I know I want to like that account...but his charts are so confusing to me

53 minutes ago, shoshin said:

so look at this site..it lists hospitalizations..where do you think that data is coming from..says from Florida DOH

https://tallahasseereports.com/2020/06/30/two-charts-show-positive-trends-for-florida-in-coronavirus-battle/

4 hours ago, shoshin said:

He's comparing populations across time--450M people are having less cases than Arizona and it's 7M due to better management of the disease. Pretty inarguable. 

If any of the previous hotspots such as NYC, Milan or Montreal begin to have spikes then I'd be worried but these are all areas that were never hit earlier so this is effectively their first wave. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I've linked to that before. It lists new hospitalizations per day. That's an interesting statistic and shows some trending but not at all helpful to show hospital resource usage. 

13 minutes ago, shoshin said:

I've linked to that before. It lists new hospitalizations per day. That's an interesting statistic and shows some trending but not at all helpful to show hospital resource usage. 

aghh, i get it . So thats where that dwell time thing comes in. Thanks

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

When fear mongering is failing, liberals "double down"

Six months into the pandemic, health experts confront a new fear: Two virus outbreaks

https://www.yahoo.com/news/six-months-covid-19-doctors-115045067.html

Everything these twits are doing and saying  is designed to cancel the presidential debates.

a debate  is pretty simple to  pull off virtually.   I hope to God they aren’t canceled... might be the only entertainment we get this fall.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

can someone explain this chart to me? I know I want to like that account...but his charts are so confusing to me

so look at this site..it lists hospitalizations..where do you think that data is coming from..says from Florida DOH

https://tallahasseereports.com/2020/06/30/two-charts-show-positive-trends-for-florida-in-coronavirus-battle/

If you use June 9th as the day infections actually started happening in these 13 states, using his fatality lag (avg time from infection to death of 11-14 days) there should be more deaths.  They are not experiencing what NY did late March into April as far as deaths go.  69% of the countries deaths in that time are in these states....that's definitely increased but he still thinks despite that, combined with rapidly declining deaths in other states, that this is on par with the flu.

We have consistently had new cases over 25K on average for 2 months and rising in the last 3 weeks.  We were seeing 2100 dead a day by the 2nd week of April from infections that had happened in mid to late March.  About 3 weeks. 

Roughly over 30 day intervals (feel free to correct me)

From March 18 to April 18......40K died.

From April 18 to May 18......54K died.

From May 18 to June 18....... 29K died.  

June 18 to July 1.......7K have died (So the question is by July 18 after another 30 days will this total be near 25K or 50K?)  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, meazza said:

If any of the previous hotspots such as NYC, Milan or Montreal begin to have spikes then I'd be worried but these are all areas that were never hit earlier so this is effectively their first wave. 

That's heretic talk.  Stop it.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ALF said:

I'll get a flu and pneumonia vaccine in Sept to play it safe. I don't expect a covid vaccine this year.

is there a pneumonia vaccine? One I have put off has been shingles, and getting signed up for that!

10 hours ago, RiotAct said:

a debate  is pretty simple to  pull off virtually.   I hope to God they aren’t canceled... might be the only entertainment we get this fall.

a virtual debate is Biden's wet dream. he can be fed the questions and have responses written out for him, who's the wiser?

• Like (+1) 2

Yesterday, a mid week Wednesday, saw only two states (CA and AZ) report in excess of fifty Covid fatalities. Well over 30 states were in single digits or reported zero deaths. NY state registered only 14 Covid deaths, down from highs that were close 1,000 per day. Again, in the southern tier of the country, lots of new cases but very, very few deaths. So now over a MONTH later, where’s the ravaging outbreak from the riots in Minnesota and other northeastern states? Answer...it didn’t happen. There’s so much we don’t know about this virus...and even more we’re not being told! 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

is there a pneumonia vaccine? One I have put off has been shingles, and getting signed up for that!

There is a pneumonia vaccine  and a new version of shingles vaccine easy at a drug store.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

https://abcnews.go.com/US/alabama-students-throwing-covid-parties-infected-officials/story?id=71552514

Students in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, who have been diagnosed with COVID-19have been attending parties in the city and surrounding area as part of a disturbing contest to see who can catch the virus first, a city council member told ABC News on Wednesday.

Tuscaloosa City Councilor Sonya McKinstry said students have been organizing "COVID parties" as a game to intentionally infect each other with the contagion that has killed more than 127,000 people in the United States. She said she recently learned of the behavior and informed the city council of the parties occurring in the city.

She said the organizers of the parties are purposely inviting guests who have COVID-19.

19 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yesterday, a mid week Wednesday, saw only two states (CA and AZ) report in excess of fifty Covid fatalities. Well over 30 states were in single digits or reported zero deaths. NY state registered only 14 Covid deaths, down from highs that were close 1,000 per day. Again, in the southern tier of the country, lots of new cases but very, very few deaths. So now over a MONTH later, where’s the ravaging outbreak from the riots in Minnesota and other northeastern states? Answer...it didn’t happen. There’s so much we don’t know about this virus...and even more we’re not being told! 

because they all wore masks, and their cause was noble.

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/alabama-students-throwing-covid-parties-infected-officials/story?id=71552514

Students in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, who have been diagnosed with COVID-19have been attending parties in the city and surrounding area as part of a disturbing contest to see who can catch the virus first, a city council member told ABC News on Wednesday.

Tuscaloosa City Councilor Sonya McKinstry said students have been organizing "COVID parties" as a game to intentionally infect each other with the contagion that has killed more than 127,000 people in the United States. She said she recently learned of the behavior and informed the city council of the parties occurring in the city.

She said the organizers of the parties are purposely inviting guests who have COVID-19.

Alabama is one of the least educated states in the country, not surprising. 

these kids need to be locked up for years. imagine if their little parties sparks a outbreak cluster in their town and older people die, thats on them.