The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Why is this ok? Where is the outrage?  Trump and his buddies are in it for themselves - and we are reminded everyday.

A Company Run by a White House “Volunteer” With No Experience in Medical Supplies Got $2.4 Million From the Feds for Medical Supplies

Biden Cancer Nonprofit Paid Its Top Execs Millions. It Spent Little to Eradicate Cancer

https://freebeacon.com/2020-election/biden-cancer-nonprofit-paid-its-top-execs-millions-little-on-mission-to-eradicate-cancer/

His cronies made out tho.

Cancer.

Where is your outrage you obtuse nitwit.

Edited by Unforgiven

5 minutes ago, shoshin said:

W

T

F

?

The herd isn't close to immune, and Florida's number today is incredible. 

Texas is now starting to shut back down again, contrary to Magox's predictions that there wouldn't be any new shutdowns. Bars to close. Restaurants going back to 50% capacity. And that's in a Republican state.  

What's happening in Florida is incredible.

Two weeks ago 1,900 new cases. Today, over 9,000. 

Without another total lock down, the number of new cases will keep doubling every 4-5 days like NY did in March.

7 minutes ago, shoshin said:

W

T

F

?

The herd isn't close to immune, and Florida's number today is incredible. 

Texas is now starting to shut back down again, contrary to Magox's predictions that there wouldn't be any new shutdowns. Bars to close. Restaurants going back to 50% capacity. And that's in a Republican state.  

Which part of "areas that were hard hit early on" is confusing?

7 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Without another total lock down, the number of new cases will keep doubling every 4-5 days like NY did in March.

So? Everyone will get covid, it won't go away until that happens. Did we flatten the curve and give hospitals the time to prepare or not?

9 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

Biden Cancer Nonprofit Paid Its Top Execs Millions. It Spent Little to Eradicate Cancer

https://freebeacon.com/2020-election/biden-cancer-nonprofit-paid-its-top-execs-millions-little-on-mission-to-eradicate-cancer/

His cronies made out tho.

Cancer.

Where is your outrage you obtuse nitwit.

Go find out how much of my tax dollars went to this non profit?

And while you’re at it - tell me a little bit more about the Trump Foundation and his charities.

Ill wait. 

Just now, Gary M said:

So? Everyone will get covid, it won't go away until that happens. Did we flatten the curve and give hospitals the time to prepare or not?

States like New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Michigan flattened the curve. They got smashed initially but seem to have it almost completely under control now.

Florida and Texas are still in the first wave. In two weeks once the vulnerable patients testing positive now start winding up on ventilators in the ICU their systems will come under pressure. It seems inevitable that those states will have to lock down again in the coming weeks (both took steps today), further damaging the economy. 

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Go find out how much of my tax dollars went to this non profit?

And while you’re at it - tell me a little bit more about the Trump Foundation and his charities.

Ill wait. 

The charities that proved to be total frauds?

Just like Trump University?

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

States like New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Michigan flattened the curve. They got smashed initially but seem to have it almost completely under control now.

Florida and Texas are still in the first wave. In two weeks once the vulnerable patients testing positive now start winding up on ventilators in the ICU their systems will come under pressure. It seems inevitable that those states will have to lock down again in the coming weeks (both took steps today), further damaging the economy. 

You don't seem to understand what that actually means. If you got smashed initially and are done you didn't flatten the curve, you got it over with. Flattening the curve always means a lower peak and a longer duration. 

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

negative.

Florida cases have been climbing for weeks, yet the death rate remains constant.  https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/

Texas cases have been climbing for weeks, yet deaths rate remains constant  https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/texas/

Edited by Gary M
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

You don't seem to understand what that actually means. If you got smashed initially and are done you didn't flatten the curve, you got it over with. Flattening the curve always means a lower peak and a longer duration. 

Their peaks were all much lower than what was projected without any social distancing.

5 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Details, details

Just now, jrober38 said:

Their peaks were all much lower than what was projected without any social distancing.

Yes. We're also at 5% of the projected deaths. The projections were trash, which isn't surprising given the limited and low quality data they had to go by.. This doesn't change the fact that you don't seem to understand how flattening the curve works.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

Will see if rising cases lead to a spike in deaths. Most of the cases have just been diagnosed in the last few days. 

Florida's case numbers have  been increasing at a good clip since ..wait for it, Memorial Day.  Yet hospitalizations and deaths have not.

https://tallahasseereports.com/2020/06/24/two-charts-show-positive-trends-for-florida-in-coronavirus-battle/

Now, 9K today, wow!  

Strictly my take on it...March and April only people getting tests were really sick, in higher risk groups, so naturally hopitilations and deaths were naturally going to higher.

As we have gotten better at testing and contract tracing and more are available, many more asymptomatic people will be tested and those key numbers , especially deaths, just will not be the same percentage as when only really sick people were getting tested. Think Pence said nationwide April was 15% of positives hospitalized, today its less than 5%. And, I suspect in some, many hospitals that have been devasted by empty beds, a good number of those folks do not need hospitalizations.

Having said that, the opposite would be Remisvider has to be administered in hospital and for 5 days i believe, so that is prolly also driving the hospital numbers

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

Trump promised the most beautiful inexpensive TrumpCare - ready to go day one - and all this admin accomplished was a fat tax cut for the rich.

Now Trump is asking the Supreme Court to kill Obamacare altogether. 

What will the millions on Obamacare do without insurance - during a pandemic?

Regarding the guy who won the contract - you tell me - he “volunteered” at the White House.

More on the company that won from article:

“BlackPoint Distribution’s website does not mention Konkler but describes its work as “locating, verifying and successfully delivering vital products and equipment in the midst of extremely challenging environments.” The domain name was registered on April 9, 2020. In its incorporation documents, Konkler is listed as the CEO of BlackPoint Distribution. The only contact information on the site is a web form and an email address. Emails sent to it were returned as undeliverable, and Konkler did not return multiple phone calls and messages seeking comment.”

You didn't get a tax cut?  You may want to talk to your CPA.

Trump was elected in part because he said he'd repeal and replace Obamacare.  You guys B word when he goes back on campaign promises and now you complain about him keeping his promises.  Geez.  You guys complain a lot.

Who said repealing Obamacare would leave millions without insurance?  Is that going to happen?   I'm relying on the replace part of repeal and replace to make it better. We shall see. 

The guy who got the contract worked for the pentagon under the Bush administration.  How does that make him a Trump crony?  Methinks you don't know what a crony is.

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

this is very interesting...he says 1000's of companies are doing this...any of yalls places of employement doing temp screens everyday? If so, see how it could have a massive impact on positive tests

Maybe I am reading that wrong. Are reports of "elevated temperatures" in workplaces being reported as positive COVID cases?

I find this hard to believe.  Isn't a positive COVID test the only way to report an actual COVID case? 

2 minutes ago, snafu said:

Maybe I am reading that wrong. Are reports of "elevated temperatures" in workplaces being reported as positive COVID cases?

I find this hard to believe.  Isn't a positive COVID test the only way to report an actual COVID case? 

This is interesting. We start having everyone back July 6th and will check temps daily.  I have not been trained on the protocol but if a high temp has to be reported as a COVID-19 case that’s really stupid.