The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

14 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You’re right about PA testing rates. I hadn’t noticed that before. Overall we topped 30 MILLION tests yesterday. Those that wanted universal testing should now see just how impossible of a task that really is. We’ve yet to get to 10% of the population and it’s been three months since the major lockdown effort. 

Even when we get to 33M tests, we will not have tested 10% of the population. Lots of multiply tested folks in there. 

PA is 6th in deaths, 19th in testing. WTF? Get tested you dumb dingdongs. It ain't hard. I have done it. 

That wouldn’t be at all true in California. We aren’t in our warm weather season here....and on the contrary people are getting out WAY MORE than they were just a few weeks ago. Our freeways are noticeably busier. 

You open up, you get more cases. All you can do is hope people mask up and do their best to distance (whatever that means, but exercising some degree of good sense helps) and practice good hygiene. As long as we can get these friggin hospitalizations to level off, we will be OK. They are on really bad looking curves right now. 

Edited by shoshin

13 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

EU:447 million

USA:328.2M

that has nothing to do with it. 

the southern states are getting hit hard because they opened up earlier than everyone else and had no strict mask orders. 

I don’t disagree that the lack of serious measures has been big, but wouldn’t be surprised if people in closed areas are spreading it too. 

6 minutes ago, shoshin said:

You open up, you get more cases. All you can do is hope people mask up and do their best to distance (whatever that means, but exercising some degree of good sense helps) and practice good hygiene. As long as we can get these friggin hospitalizations to level off, we will be OK. They are on really bad looking curves right now. 

True, but there really isn’t any choice. The country cannot remain locked down indefinitely. We’ve now PROVEN that the three month lockdown, while an interesting experiment, didn’t actually stamp out the virus at all. It just bought time to get our act together. Let’s see what happens next. Again, DEATHS are what we’re trying to avoid...not cases.

33 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

EU:447 million

USA:328.2M

that has nothing to do with it. 

the southern states are getting hit hard because they opened up earlier than everyone else and had no strict mask orders. 

Why is Russia excluded?

1 hour ago, bilzfancy said:

Commie News Network, that bastion of fair, objective reporting

You're absolutely right!!!

That woman talking never even happened!!

It was all a doctored video produced by one of Hillary's pedophilia victims!!!!

3 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Ah yes - ignore the pandemic because a previous president misspoke. 5Genius

As usual you missed the point.  Obviously.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Is there ANYTHING you know anything at all about? California (run 100% by Democrats) is the leader in new cases, and has continued to be a mask-friendly State. The vast, vast majority of new cases in CA are all in hyper-left Los Angeles County, where EVERYONE is wearing a mask. 

Because masks are worthless and this won't go away until everyone is immune. We either need antibodies (by contracting Covid) or a vaccine.

Not sure why this is so hard for everyone to understand.

Just now, Gary M said:

Because masks are worthless and this won't go away until everyone is immune. We either need antibodies (by contracting Covid) or a vaccine.

Scientists/doctors/researchers: Mask use in communities are proven to slow the spread 

right wingers: "Masks are worthless"

• Like (+1) 1

I would love to hear from a life insurance actuary on this.  The are wizards at measuring risk and the risk of death.  That's what we're all concerned about right?  Who gives a ***** about getting sick. I think we'd all like to know what the current actuarial risk of dying from the virus and how they would price that into life insurance if at all at this point.  

4 minutes ago, Gary M said:

Which could be never, as the vaccine may never work out and the antibody angle has already been deemed invalid..

Edited by 123719bwiqrb

Just now, Penfield45 said:

right wingers: "Masks are worthless"

Only because the general public doesn't understand how to use them properly.

I see people set them down with the inside on the surface of a table or bar.

I watch people walk around with them under their noses.

I watch people handle them constantly without disinfecting their hands.

Shall I go on?

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Do they also have charts for tests administered, hospitalizations, and fatalities? 

Now why would you need that info?