The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 hours ago, Magox said:

That truly was an exhaustive and devastating investigative account. @plenzmd1 You May find this interesting.

Lots of things in there that were new to me.

It was so painful to read that.  NY repeated all of Italy's mistakes.  

That should have been a top story across the US today.   

Edited by GG
  • Like (+1) 1

Yesterday, Thursday, not a single state registered triple digit Covid 19 deaths....and 40 states were at twenty five or below and as has been customary approximately 10 of those states had zero. I continue to maintain that deaths is all that really matters, and they’re on a steady decline and have been for well over a month. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, GG said:

It was so painful to read that.  NY repeated all of Italy's mistakes.  

That should have been a top story across the US today.   

what if they weren't "mistakes"

sounds more like planned incompetence to maximize fear and death in 2 very specific locations 

which could then be used to dictate  global policy

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, spartacus said:

sounds more like planned incompetence to maximize fear and death in 2 very specific locations 

That's a bridge too far.

What happened is plain old fashioned incompetence, perpetrated by perpetually incompetent officials who will never be held to account because their intentions are "good" and more importantly, they look and sound good on TV.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, spartacus said:

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I

And I know someone is going to post increases in Arizona in hospitalizations.  Everyone is watching Arizona (like they did Florida spring breakers and Ozark pool parties).  I've seen the numbers.  77% capacity is normal.  And 30 percent are Covid related.  No one was going to hospitals 6 weeks ago.  Which explains a lot of those increases.  

I would love to see those numbers ..do you have a link or remember where you saw them?

1 hour ago, GG said:

That's a bridge too far.

What happened is plain old fashioned incompetence, perpetrated by perpetually incompetent officials who will never be held to account because their intentions are "good" and more importantly, they look and sound good on TV.

man, is Cuomo ever getting that love. How i have grown to really dislike that dude. 

In more news of insanity, daughter just recieved an email fro the president of her school...small liberal arts school in Ohio ..Denison University.

Schools opening up two weeks earlier, going through Thanksgiving, not back to mid January. OKay, i can understand that reasoning...think it too early to make the call of 2nd wave quite yet...but I get it.

What i don't get is dining halls will all be closed, take out only. Mind you, Denison is 100% on campus living, and only a portion of seniors actually have "apartment" style dorms with a small kitchen in them. 90% of students in traditional dorm rooms. WTF? 

Even better..all classes are to held outside whenever possible? My daughter is in a science based major...2 labs scheduled for this fall...how in the hell is that gunna work. 

Cant wait to to see how they enforce parties. No off campus housing, no real bars in town... parties in dorms is the social gatherings they do...they shut that down what is the point to going to school?

All this and the overwhelming numbers show almost zero risk to college age kids

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I would love to see those numbers ..do you have a link or remember where you saw them?

man, is Cuomo ever getting that love. How i have grown to really dislike that dude. 

In more news of insanity, daughter just recieved an email fro the president of her school...small liberal arts school in Ohio ..Denison University.

Schools opening up two weeks earlier, going through Thanksgiving, not back to mid January. OKay, i can understand that reasoning...think it too early to make the call of 2nd wave quite yet...but I get it.

What i don't get is dining halls will all be closed, take out only. Mind you, Denison is 100% on campus living, and only a portion of seniors actually have "apartment" style dorms with a small kitchen in them. 90% of students in traditional dorm rooms. WTF? 

Even better..all classes are to held outside whenever possible? My daughter is in a science based major...2 labs scheduled for this fall...how in the hell is that gunna work. 

Cant wait to to see how they enforce parties. No off campus housing, no real bars in town... parties in dorms is the social gatherings they do...they shut that down what is the point to going to school?

All this and the overwhelming numbers show almost zero risk to college age kids

Dude. It’s practically Ebola. Keep up. If they don’t do these little things, everyone will die. 

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Hey now Nate Silver confirming what I said yesterday:

Right.

Just think the Chinese virus slow to start building up. But middle to high cases picks up speed quick.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/fauci-says-asymptomatic-coronavirus-transmission-is-possible-following-who-statement-that-was-not-correct

Fauci says asymptomatic coronavirus transmission is possible following WHO confusion

By Madeline Farber | Fox News

Facebook

Twitter

Flipboard

Comments

Print

Email

Fox News Flash top headlines for June 10

Fox News Flash top headlines are here. Check out what's clicking on Foxnews.com.

A statement from a World Health Organization (WHO) official this week about coronavirus transmission by asymptomatic individuals being “very rare” was “not correct,” said America’s leading infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci.

“We know from epidemiological studies they can transmit to someone who is uninfected even when they're without symptoms," Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told ABC’s “Good Morning America” on Wednesday. "So to make a statement to say that's a rare event was not correct."

FAUCI WARNS THAT CORONAVIRUS REOPENINGS 'DOESN’T MEAN ALL BETS ARE OFF'

Fauci’s remarks come after comments made on Monday by Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove, a WHO infectious disease epidemiologist, caused mass confusion. At a news briefing, she said that the spread of coronavirus by people not showing symptoms "appears to be rare.”

“We have a number of reports from countries who are doing very detailed contact tracing – they are following asymptomatic cases, they are following contacts and they are not finding secondary transmission onward, it’s very rare,” Van Kerkhove said at the time. “Much of that is not published in the literature.”

Video

“We’re constantly looking at this data, and we’re trying to get more information from countries to truly answer this question,” she added. “It still appears to be rare that an asymptomatic individual actually transmits onward.”

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Right.

Just think the Chinese virus slow to start building up. But middle to high cases picks up speed quick.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/fauci-says-asymptomatic-coronavirus-transmission-is-possible-following-who-statement-that-was-not-correct

Fauci says asymptomatic coronavirus transmission is possible following WHO confusion

By Madeline Farber | Fox News

Facebook

Twitter

Flipboard

Comments

Print

Email

Fox News Flash top headlines for June 10

Fox News Flash top headlines are here. Check out what's clicking on Foxnews.com.

A statement from a World Health Organization (WHO) official this week about coronavirus transmission by asymptomatic individuals being “very rare” was “not correct,” said America’s leading infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci.

“We know from epidemiological studies they can transmit to someone who is uninfected even when they're without symptoms," Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told ABC’s “Good Morning America” on Wednesday. "So to make a statement to say that's a rare event was not correct."

FAUCI WARNS THAT CORONAVIRUS REOPENINGS 'DOESN’T MEAN ALL BETS ARE OFF'

Fauci’s remarks come after comments made on Monday by Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove, a WHO infectious disease epidemiologist, caused mass confusion. At a news briefing, she said that the spread of coronavirus by people not showing symptoms "appears to be rare.”

“We have a number of reports from countries who are doing very detailed contact tracing – they are following asymptomatic cases, they are following contacts and they are not finding secondary transmission onward, it’s very rare,” Van Kerkhove said at the time. “Much of that is not published in the literature.”

Video

“We’re constantly looking at this data, and we’re trying to get more information from countries to truly answer this question,” she added. “It still appears to be rare that an asymptomatic individual actually transmits onward.”

Try and find this interview from 60 Minutes on March 9th anywhere on the internet 

On YouTube, search "Fauci 60 Minutes March 8 no masks" or something like that; notice the blue information alert fact check screen that comes up at the top.

Edited by Big Blitz

21 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Things getting really bad in Florida for new cases. 

The last three days have been 1371, 1698 and today 1902. 

The trend clearly shows it's going to continue going higher. 

very strange definition of "really bad"

deaths trending down

under 20/ day for last week

sure looks like a crisis

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/96dd742462124fa0b38ddedb9b25e429

over 200,000 tested to NOT have the virus per week 

covid hospital visits continue to decline

no threat of overwhelming health care facilities

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I thought the whole idea was more testing, which would discover more cases as we move toward herd immunity?  I thought overwhelming the hospitals is what would be bad, not necessarily testing positive for COVID-19/antibodies (unless it landed you in  the hospital)?

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I thought the whole idea was more testing, which would discover more cases as we move toward herd immunity?  I thought overwhelming the hospitals is what would be bad, not necessarily testing positive for COVID-19/antibodies (unless it landed you in  the hospital)?

That is correct, but there is a concern in AZ & TX about increasing hospitalizations.  However, they seem to be managing it well so far, and most importantly the mortality rate is very low given the cases & hospitalizations.  We're not seeing the ***** show that was you know where.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, GG said:

That is correct, but there is a concern in AZ & TX about increasing hospitalizations.  However, they seem to be managing it well so far, and most importantly the mortality rate is very low given the cases & hospitalizations.  We're not seeing the ***** show that was you know where.

So you're saying we need to move those two ships again?  Not again? I could barely stomach the non-stop coverage of the one slowly creeping into New York harbor.