The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

you really are a jackass aren't you???  I've tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you just really like to argue anything and everything. I'm fully aware the markets don't have an attitude, it was a phrase i put together.  I hope you find whatever you are looking for to make your life a bit more peaceful.

1 minute ago, Warren Zevon said:

The markets don't have an attitude. They have data that shows how wild the last few months have been. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GG said:

Everyone sort of moved on.  Look at what the fear mongering is doing to the markets today.

the reporting today on the morning news shows were horrendous. "Spiked in cases" due to memorial day., all pictures of beaches, restuarants, and people getting their haircut, not one of a protest to open the Today show....not one mention of protests till the end of the piece. Scarborough going off for 5 minutes saying he has not seen Fauci in a month and that he has been silenced...pick up the phone and book him ya dumb ass, he is freer to speak now that he was on that damn stage..

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

I'm asking if anyone can think of any.

There's plenty to fear about high hospitalizations but it's unknown what will happen with reopening/the fall. 

Will we see future hospitalization overload or will it level? Will the fall be like fall 1918 or more like summer 2020? You think it's over. I don't know. I'm just trying to read the tea leaves based on the places that were hit hard and reopened before us, and it doesn't seem like they are having spikes (yet?).  

In an unfortunate side effect of our current health system..how do hospitals runt that balance of being optimally utilized. being 50% empty is sure as not not sustainable, but runing out of ICU beds is not either. 

Either me or a family member has gone to the Emergency and needed to be admitted 4 times in the last 19 years, all non ICU...every single time had to wait from a couple hours till overnight in the ER waiting for a room to clear...seems like they always running close to 100% no?

I get the fear of a huge spike overwhelming....tough business to be in

• Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

the reporting today on the morning news shows were horrendous. "Spiked in cases" due to memorial day., all pictures of beaches, restuarants, and people getting their haircut, not one of a protest to open the Today show....not one mention of protests till the end of the piece. Scarborough going off for 5 minutes saying he has not seen Fauci in a month and that he has been silenced...pick up the phone and book him ya dumb ass, he is freer to speak now that he was on that damn stage..

Like clockwork.  Surely, hundreds out on Memorial Day are the reason for the upticks in states that haven't gone through a major wave, and not the thousands out in the streets.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GG said:

Like clockwork.  Surely, hundreds out on Memorial Day are the reason for the upticks in states that haven't gone through a major wave, and not the thousands out in the streets.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I keep reporting on NY because I assume a bunch of people on a Bills chat room are from there. NY state’s numbers are down to around 5% of their daily peak. 

Yeah but NYC has not yet really reopened. And once it does, it will take several cycles of potential disease to see how it's going (not the 14 days that people keep saying--that's not enough time to see the exponential nature of growth). 

The fall will be a different question. 

3 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Yeah but NYC has not yet really reopened. And once it does, it will take several cycles of potential disease to see how it's going (not the 14 days that people keep saying--that's not enough time to see the exponential nature of growth). 

NY will be fine unless Cuomo forces severely sick people to the nursing homes

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, shoshin said:

NYC isn't open, if you ignore the thousands who've been out in the streets in close proximity for the last 10 days.  Or the thousands of Hasids who've basically told DiBlasio to ***** off.

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, GG said:

NYC isn't open, if you ignore the thousands who've been out in the streets in close proximity for the last 10 days.  Or the thousands of Hasids who've basically told DiBlasio to ***** off.

NYC is not open, even if many people are out on the streets. The examples you give a tiny portion of the city's lifeblood.

NYC will be fully open (god knows when) when all the offices are back in business and mass transit is transporting people into and out of the city in huge numbers...Broadway is open, MSG, etc. 

The steps in between will be the telling ones: Indoor dining, more offices open, transit begins to pick up. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, shoshin said:

NYC is not open, even if many people are out on the streets. The examples you give a tiny portion of the city's lifeblood.

NYC will be fully open (god knows when) when all the offices are back in business and mass transit is transporting people into and out of the city in huge numbers...Broadway is open, MSG, etc. 

The steps in between will be the telling ones as indoor dining and at least more offices open. 

I take it you haven't been to NYC in the last few weeks?

4 minutes ago, shoshin said:

The steps in between will be the telling ones: Indoor dining, more offices open, transit begins to pick up. 

Montreal is also "not considered open" yet people have been meeting, shopping and in constant contact at a much higher pace than previously thought. 

2 hours ago, shoshin said:

Agreed RE numbers. It's why I asked the question. I don't think anyplace that got hit hard initially has yet to see a second wave. 

I'm not saying it can't or won't happen but there's no data point for it yet unless I'm mistaken. 

Infection numbers are steadily climbing in California, Texas and Florida. 

The 7 day moving averages for those three states is a big concern. 

Just now, jrober38 said:

Infection numbers are steadily climbing in California, Texas and Florida. 

The 7 day moving averages for those three states is a big concern. 

:lol: 

All because of Memorial Day, right? 

How many millions will die this time, jrober? 

• Haha (+1) 2