The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Out of curiosity. How many people here fall

under one of the following:

A. Full on quarantine. Wears masks in confined public places like Home Depot or a grocery store and the such. Doesn’t go anywhere else or see anyone. 

B. Partial quarantine. Goes to work but wears a mask the entire day and practices SD (6 feet distance)

C. Gets our regularly and sees friends and family, but wears a mask and practices SD. 

D. Going to the restaurants and barbershops and every where else. No mask. No SD. 

National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Anthony Fauci on Wednesday became the first Trump administration official to say definitively that hydroxychloroquine is not an effective treatment for the coronavirus, based on the available data.

"The scientific data is really quite evident now about the lack of efficacy," Fauci — the U.S. government's top infectious disease expert — said on CNN.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/27/fauci-hydroxychloroquine-not-effective-against-coronavirus-283980

Face palm

Trust President Trump lots. 

4 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Anthony Fauci on Wednesday became the first Trump administration official to say definitively that hydroxychloroquine is not an effective treatment for the coronavirus, based on the available data.

"The scientific data is really quite evident now about the lack of efficacy," Fauci — the U.S. government's top infectious disease expert — said on CNN.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/27/fauci-hydroxychloroquine-not-effective-against-coronavirus-283980

Face palm

Trust President Trump lots. 

He's basing a lot of that on The Lancet study and it appears that study's data collection had lots of issues...It's in the HCQ thread.

In any case, more on the potential of previous bird flu/SARS and other flu related immunity that could be helpful against fighting COVID 19

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Justice said:

A. Full on quarantine. Wears masks in confined public places like Home Depot or a grocery store and the such. Doesn’t go anywhere else or see anyone. 

B. Partial quarantine. Goes to work but wears a mask the entire day and practices SD (6 feet distance)

C. Gets our regularly and sees friends and family, but wears a mask and practices SD. 

D. Going to the restaurants and barbershops and every where else. No mask. No SD. 

A. I live in the people's republic of new Jersey 

Been this way for three months now. I'm over it, get rid of all this.

32 minutes ago, Magox said:

He's basing a lot of that on The Lancet study and it appears that study's data collection had lots of issues...It's in the HCQ thread.

In any case, more on the potential of previous bird flu/SARS and other flu related immunity that could be helpful against fighting COVID 19

This is a prime example of the difference between quoting the results of a study, and actually reading and analyzing the study to judge the quality of its processes used in drawing its conclusions. Sadly, criticizing the quality of certain studies and who financed them gets you labeled anti-science and anti-business. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Justice said:

E.  Go out regularly, pull up my bandana just before entering a public building.

I am willing to conform that much, but I wouldn't go visit people with a mask and maintain 6 feet of distance. I just act normally. I don't know any older, or high risk people. If I did, I would wear a mask around them.

Basically, I only conform when in a closed space with the general public.

I think it's a suitable level  of precaution. 

Edited by Prickly Pete
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Justice said:

The rules where I am are "A" but I am living my life at C. 

To error on the side of caution in case of a second wave in the fall , stockpile convalescent plasma and remdesivir . 

I would pay recovered patients at least $200 for convalescent plasma , it might be well worth it.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Sometimes I’m impressed by your ability to jab and debate.....and then you do this. Lighten up Francis! It’s Friday. 

Not having a national testing plan is killing people. You disagree? 

7 minutes ago, Nanker said:

If you like your testing, you can keep your testing Period. 

Stop living in fear. Living in fear is unhealthy. 

Tiberius doesn't get periods anymore. He leaves every sentence unfinished and complains about hot flashes. 

• Haha (+1) 2