The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

I'm aware of what a tracer does!  Geez.

The point is that you don't need a 'tracer' if it turns out you ALREADY KNOW the common denominator of this limited group of ten people!   For example, if in the entire massive state of Wyoming, they know every single one of the ten people are in a single nursing home, then you know to isolate that nursing home.  You don't need to do a lot 'tracing'.  Remember, we're trying to figure how the disease spreads....not just who has it!  If you are forever playing whack-a-mole with an army of tracers, you're never going to get in front of this problem...you're always going to be playing catch up.

Again - who are the "they" you're referring to?

4 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Again - who are the "they" you're referring to?

I already told you....but let me try this again. I'm going to assume that if the State has a case count, that number didn't come out of the sky!  It came from the organizations that conducted the tests...no?  They report the positive tests to the State Health Officials, who then report them to the CDC.  So it stands to reason that in the State of Wyoming Health Officials could very quickly look at set of data points from TEN PEOPLE, to see where (if) there's a common denominator.  Wyoming is a HUGE place! There must be some connection between these ten people.  If there isn't, you are never going to get in front of this issue....never. 

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I already told you....but let me try this again. I'm going to assume that if the State has a case count, that number didn't come out of the sky!  It came from the organizations that conducted the tests...no?  They report the positive tests to the State Health Officials, who then report them to the CDC.  So it stands to reason that in the State of Wyoming Health Officials could very quickly look at set of data points from TEN PEOPLE, to see where (if) there's a common denominator.  Wyoming is a HUGE place! There must be some connection between these ten people.  If there isn't, you are never going to get in front of this issue....never. 

Okay - let's take it a step further in this magical scenario where Wyoming has only 10 cases - and even another step further and assume state health officials found all 10 have a common denominator.

Then what?

43 minutes ago, westside2 said:

Those numbers are as crooked as the politicians who compose them. If you want to believe them, then go right ahead. 

I know how badly the left wants to keep this shutdown going. It's there only hope to beat Trump in the election.

Do you read what others post? Cause it sure seems you are not comprehending 

1) the actual numbers that were postes

2) what @shoshin wrote, and what he has been saying in this thread for at least a month. 

2 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

Okay - let's take it a step further in this magical scenario where Wyoming has only 10 cases - and even another step further and assume state health officials found all 10 have a common denominator.

Then what?

Warren.....they don’t have ten cases. They had ten NEW cases yesterday. So with that small of a number they have to know who those ten people are....right? You use the data you get from those ten people to devise a mitigation strategy. Having not seen the data, there’s no way for me to say what comes next. But, if the data reveals a pattern, you can then make SCIENTIFIC findings about spread, etc

Didn’t anyone take science in junior high?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Magox said:

For added perspective 

image.thumb.jpeg.4ecdea802c061fff0a10ec391a121f53.jpeg

I'm just worried (deaths are awful sad) the missing link might be for those might have mid-long term health issues. Wish we had more data of that. 

Trump signs social media executive order that calls for removal of liability protections over 'censoring'President Trump makes remarks before signing social media executive order.

Flanked by Attorney General Bill Barr, President Trump signed an executive order in the Oval Office on Thursday that interprets Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act of 1996 (CDA) as not providing statutory liability protections for tech companies that engage in censorship and political conduct.

placeholder

The president's order, which also cuts federal funding for social media platforms that censor users' political views, came just two days after Twitter took the unprecedented step of slapping a "misleading" warning label on two of Trump's tweets concerning the fraud risks of nationwide mail-in balloting. The move immediately backfired: Experts disputed that Trump's tweet was actually misleading, in part because mail-in balloting has been linked to ongoing fraud; Twitter's fact-check itself contained false statements; and Twitter failed to apply the standard of review to other users.

At Thursday's signing ceremony, Trump called the fact-check "egregious," and held up a photo of Twitter executive Yoel Roth, who heads up the site's fact-checking and rules-making operation. Fox News reported on Wednesday that Roth has mocked Trump supporters, called Trump's team "ACTUAL NAZIS," slammed "scary trannies" in New York City, and called GOP Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell a "bag of farts." (In a statement, Twitter did not dispute Fox News' reporting, but called it "unfortunate.")

"My executive order calls for new regulations under Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act to make it so that social media companies that engage in censoring any political conduct will not be able to keep their liability shield," the president said. 

Agree with President Trump. About time. They are censorship videos on youtube hope he goes that far with them as well. About time took action on this. (Might be related hydroxychloroquine (coronavirus) gets censored on youtube)

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-signs-executive-order-on-social-media-companies

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

101702864_3223245894360259_12441841651679232_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=tKUdd7GJ65gAX_k0z83&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=889567de6b6aaed92631fa4cbead6e8f&oe=5EF5E26D

Can see the democrats changing there tune for no masks with the masks Trump 2020.  So sad how they do things.. 

For me going to wear masks understandable for my health and family health. Biggest concern to be honest. No matter the politics. (going out to places but not at home)

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1