The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

11 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Cuomo doesn't want to make it political but claims it was the "Republican administration" that forced him to send Covid-19 patients back to nursing homes. The fed guidelines say that "nursing homes should admit any individuals that they would normally admit to their facility", Some nursing homes might be able to handle Covid-19 patients safely while others might not. Cuomo had a one size fits all order that actually far exceeded the fed's guidelines. Cuomo was moaning and groaning about the lack of hospital beds and space along with his ridiculous claims that he needed 30,000 more ventilators. His mindset was to make space available for the imagined tens of thousands of people who were going to be hospitalized. Non Covid-19 nursing home patients paid a big price for Cuomo's heavy-handed panicky order.   

...yes...I read the EXTENSIVE coverage on CNN............crickets.....can't wait until I retire to GTFO of NYS......this clown getrs reelected in a landslide and signs up Fredo as his Lientenant Governor......even Preparation-H can't ease THAT pain...........

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

KarenGal ... ? from the one screeching we should comply and wear masks.

Say, why don’t you explain to us how a cloth mask that filters  .3 microns is stopping a virus that is .12 microns. 

Don’t wear a mask. It’s stupid and won’t help but that’s your thing. 

The science of this is beyond you Karen. 

Edited by shoshin

16 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

I'm surprised I'm not dead yet.” 
The mask isn’t just for you! 

Yes. I’m surprised I’m not dead yet because I, god forbid, don’t wear my mask in my car which according to you protects no one else.   Got it? 

5 minutes ago, shoshin said:

The science of this is beyond you Karen. 

Please Mr Scientist explain it to us how the masks work. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Yes. I’m surprised I’m not dead yet because I, god forbid, don’t wear my mask in my car which according to you protects no one else.   Got it? 

The only reason I might have a mask in my car is because I don’t feel like disinfecting my hands every five minutes when I get in and out of the car.

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

***** you are dense. 

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

We’ve been through it in studies and at a third grade level. It ain’t rocket science. 

Edited by shoshin

2 minutes ago, shoshin said:

We’ve been through it in studies and at a third grade level. It ain’t rocket science. 

Don’t waste your time. He knows everything, yet his mental illness requires him to keep asking stupid questions just to prove he is “right.” ???

Edited by Q-baby!

1 minute ago, shoshin said:

Here’s the science: Unless you know that there’ve been Covid infected strangers touching every surface in your car in the last five minutes, it makes ZERO sense to wear a mask in your car. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Here’s the science: Unless you know that there’ve been Covid infected strangers touching every surface in your car in the last five minutes, it makes ZERO sense to wear a mask in your car. 

A different issue than why wearing masks works, but wearing a mask in a car can make sense if you don’t want to touch the mask extra times. Otherwise it doesn’t make sense. 

Neither you nor I know why they were wearing masks in the photo. Maybe they were about to go to a store. Maybe they wore them home from somewhere. Maybe they wore them in the car for reasons that make no sense. We 

1 minute ago, shoshin said:

A different issue than why wearing masks works, but wearing a mask in a car can make sense if you don’t want to touch the mask extra times. Otherwise it doesn’t make sense. 

Neither you nor I know why they were wearing masks in the photo. Maybe they were about to go to a store. Maybe they wore them home from somewhere. Maybe they wore them in the car for reasons that make no sense. We 

Or just maybe Ms Milano is wearing it as a political statement, just like everything else she does.....or maybe you’re not aware of who she is. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Or just maybe Ms Milano is wearing it as a political statement, just like everything else she does.....or maybe you’re not aware of who she is. 

??? That’s the real reason you have a problem with it! ???

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

This one makes me laugh (it was posted on liberal yahoo of all places!) Coronavirus: wearing a cloth face mask is less about science and more about solidarity

• Like (+1) 1

Wow, this is really going to get worse 

Video shows crowds at venues in Missouri’s Lake of the Ozarks ignoring social distancing

Large crowds of vacationers flocked to the Lake of the Ozarks over the holiday weekend, flouting social distancing guidelines as they packed into yacht clubs, outdoor bars and resort pools in the Missouri tourist hot spot.

Images of the revelry rippled across social media, showing people eating, drinking and swimming in close quarters. In one picture shared by the news station KSDK, dozens of people could be seen crammed on an outdoor patio underneath a sign reading, “Please practice social distancing.”

The scenes underscored how some have interpreted the loosening of coronavirus restrictions ahead of the Memorial Day holiday as an invitation to return to a pre-pandemic version of normal. Amid varied and sometimes conflicting orders from state and local officials, people across the country have been left to decide on their own how strictly to follow the rules.

The images elicited a barrage of criticism from people angered by the open disregard for the guidelines that public health experts have spent months promoting.

“I don’t even know what to say anymore,” tweeted “The View” co-host Meghan McCain.

Like most of the country, Missouri has allowed some businesses to reopen and rolled back pandemic-related bans on nonessential activities, even as researchers warn that the virus is still spreading at epidemic rates in Missouri and 23 other states.

After Missouri’s stay-at-home order expired May 3, Gov. Mike Parson (R) said all businesses, including large venues, can open as long as seating is spaced out to enforce social distancing, meaning people must be able to remain six feet apart.

Many businesses around the Lake of the Ozarks closed in the spring when the pandemic hit. But as the state moved to reopen, they allowed guests to rebook rooms. Several hotels and resorts told local media last week that they were fully booked.

In videos shared widely on social media, people could be seen lined up outside the Backwater Jack’s bar and grill, waiting to enter the already packed venue.

“Corona-free,” one man in line shouted in as the camera panned to him.

The business did not immediately respond to a request for comment Sunday.

Similar crowds were seen at other beaches and watering holes on the East Coast, including the Ocean City boardwalk and a beach on the reopened Jersey Shore.

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Wow, this is really going to get worse 

Video shows crowds at venues in Missouri’s Lake of the Ozarks ignoring social distancing

Large crowds of vacationers flocked to the Lake of the Ozarks over the holiday weekend, flouting social distancing guidelines as they packed into yacht clubs, outdoor bars and resort pools in the Missouri tourist hot spot.

Images of the revelry rippled across social media, showing people eating, drinking and swimming in close quarters. In one picture shared by the news station KSDK, dozens of people could be seen crammed on an outdoor patio underneath a sign reading, “Please practice social distancing.”

The scenes underscored how some have interpreted the loosening of coronavirus restrictions ahead of the Memorial Day holiday as an invitation to return to a pre-pandemic version of normal. Amid varied and sometimes conflicting orders from state and local officials, people across the country have been left to decide on their own how strictly to follow the rules.

The images elicited a barrage of criticism from people angered by the open disregard for the guidelines that public health experts have spent months promoting.

“I don’t even know what to say anymore,” tweeted “The View” co-host Meghan McCain.

Like most of the country, Missouri has allowed some businesses to reopen and rolled back pandemic-related bans on nonessential activities, even as researchers warn that the virus is still spreading at epidemic rates in Missouri and 23 other states.

After Missouri’s stay-at-home order expired May 3, Gov. Mike Parson (R) said all businesses, including large venues, can open as long as seating is spaced out to enforce social distancing, meaning people must be able to remain six feet apart.

Many businesses around the Lake of the Ozarks closed in the spring when the pandemic hit. But as the state moved to reopen, they allowed guests to rebook rooms. Several hotels and resorts told local media last week that they were fully booked.

In videos shared widely on social media, people could be seen lined up outside the Backwater Jack’s bar and grill, waiting to enter the already packed venue.

“Corona-free,” one man in line shouted in as the camera panned to him.

The business did not immediately respond to a request for comment Sunday.

Similar crowds were seen at other beaches and watering holes on the East Coast, including the Ocean City boardwalk and a beach on the reopened Jersey Shore.

You're quoting a View co-host?

• Haha (+1) 2

How dare those FREE PEOPLE go outside and do FREE THINGS over a weekend celebrating the brave men and women who gave their lives for our FREEDOM?!     The nerve!     The HORROR!

Tibsy

200.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dhg said:

You're quoting a View co-host?

Do you agree that she is the co-host? 

Just now, B-Man said:

How dare those FREE PEOPLE go outside and do FREE THINGS over a weekend celebrating the brave men and women who gave their lives for our FREEDOM?!     The nerve!     The HORROR!

Tibsy

200.gif

And put others lives at risk. You forgot that part.