The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

31 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I am not sure why people are making fun of her knit (crocheted?) mask. The cloth ones are not much better. ?‍♀️

That is one F'd up family.

10 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Quoting fxn  F'sd up.

Edited by Wacka
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, shoshin said:

I think you said your name is Karen earlier. Karen, You’re seeing the decorative portion of her mask. The filtered mask is under that. Why she has to decorate her mask with crochet is her own fashion decision that I could care less about. It is quite the crusade against science and common sense you’re keeping up just because you don’t like itchy things. 

And she just has to be vulgar in her response. 

44 minutes ago, shoshin said:

I think you said your name is Karen earlier. Karen, You’re seeing the decorative portion of her mask. The filtered mask is under that. Why she has to decorate her mask with crochet is her own fashion decision that I could care less about. It is quite the crusade against science and common sense you’re keeping up just because you don’t like itchy things. 

How do you know this? Oh, I see now.

Edited by 3rdnlng
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Ugh....people! You don’t catch corona virus in your car! No matter what type of mask you’re wearing.

If you are going into Walmart, would you wait until you get inside to put them on? 

5 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

If you are going into Walmart, would you wait until you get inside to put them on? 

It goes on at the front door and it comes off as soon as I exit.  

I'm surprised I'm not dead yet. 

6 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

That doesn't answer the question though. 

And the question is what, exactly? You really want to get into a debate about the filtering level of the fabric under a mask that serves no purpose when worn in a family vehicle? The real question is whether these nitwits are wearing them at home on the sofa!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And the question is what, exactly? You really want to get into a debate about the filtering level of the fabric under a mask that serves no purpose when worn in a family vehicle? The real question is whether these nitwits are wearing them at home on the sofa!

I have no disagreement with you about the silliness of a family group wearing masks in a vehicle. I simply asked how he knew it and found out if I'd spent the time to read the tweet I would have known. 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I know you’re going to tell me that yesterday was Saturday but NY State was the only state recording over 100 deaths (and it was just barely over). Fifteen states had ZERO deaths and twenty eight states were in single digits. This story is over! 

....as Big Fredo plays the blame game with his nursing home deaths fiasco.......perfect campaign slogan for his presidential run........"honesty is NOT my best policy".....ask the 4,320+ (AP news research number) that died in nursing homes.......

Cuomo attempts to deflect blame of deadly nursing home coronavirus debacle on to Trump

By Marisa Schultz | Fox News

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo Saturday doubled down on his state's now-scrapped nursing home policy that critics say contributed to thousands of coronavirus deaths and instead blamed the problem on President Trump and his administration.

"New York followed the president's agencies' guidance," Cuomo said Saturday at his press conference. ".... What New York did was follow what the Republican Administration said to do. That's not my attempt to politicize it. It's my attempt to depoliticize it. So don't criticize the state for following the president's policy."

The governor's office said New York's original nursing home policy was in line with a March 13 directive from the Trump Administration's Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and Centers from Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that went out to all states on how to control infections in nursing homes. The guidance says "nursing homes should admit any individuals that they would normally admit to their facility, including individuals from hospitals where a case of COVID-19 was/is present."

"Not could. Should," Melissa DeRosa, secretary to the governor and Cuomo's top aide, said at the Saturday press conference. "That is President Trump's CMS and CDC...There are over a dozen states that did the exact same thing."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cuomo-blames-trump-nursing-home-debacle-new-york-coronavirus

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Music is the most subjective thing out there and I rarely ague about it. You like what you like I like what I like no biggie. But to call Genesis pop rock shows me you either only know post Peter Gabriel Genesis or don’t know what pop rock is. If it’s the former take a listen to early Genesis. If you still don’t get it it’s because it’s cerebral and well....yeah that makes sense. 

Q-tip is a  Debbie Gibson/Tiffany fan.

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

It goes on at the front door and it comes off as soon as I exit.  

I'm surprised I'm not dead yet. 

I put mine on in my vehicle. 

It’s not just about you. 

3 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Q-tip is a  Debbie Gibson/Tiffany fan.

Actually, if you must know, metal is my preference. 

11 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....as Big Fredo plays the blame game with his nursing home deaths fiasco.......perfect campaign slogan for his presidential run........"honesty is NOT my best policy".....ask the 4,320+ (AP news research number) that died in nursing homes.......

Cuomo attempts to deflect blame of deadly nursing home coronavirus debacle on to Trump

By Marisa Schultz | Fox News

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo Saturday doubled down on his state's now-scrapped nursing home policy that critics say contributed to thousands of coronavirus deaths and instead blamed the problem on President Trump and his administration.

"New York followed the president's agencies' guidance," Cuomo said Saturday at his press conference. ".... What New York did was follow what the Republican Administration said to do. That's not my attempt to politicize it. It's my attempt to depoliticize it. So don't criticize the state for following the president's policy."

The governor's office said New York's original nursing home policy was in line with a March 13 directive from the Trump Administration's Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and Centers from Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that went out to all states on how to control infections in nursing homes. The guidance says "nursing homes should admit any individuals that they would normally admit to their facility, including individuals from hospitals where a case of COVID-19 was/is present."

"Not could. Should," Melissa DeRosa, secretary to the governor and Cuomo's top aide, said at the Saturday press conference. "That is President Trump's CMS and CDC...There are over a dozen states that did the exact same thing."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cuomo-blames-trump-nursing-home-debacle-new-york-coronavirus

Cuomo doesn't want to make it political but claims it was the "Republican administration" that forced him to send Covid-19 patients back to nursing homes. The fed guidelines say that "nursing homes should admit any individuals that they would normally admit to their facility", Some nursing homes might be able to handle Covid-19 patients safely while others might not. Cuomo had a one size fits all order that actually far exceeded the fed's guidelines. Cuomo was moaning and groaning about the lack of hospital beds and space along with his ridiculous claims that he needed 30,000 more ventilators. His mindset was to make space available for the imagined tens of thousands of people who were going to be hospitalized. Non Covid-19 nursing home patients paid a big price for Cuomo's heavy-handed panicky order.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

I put mine on in my vehicle. 

It’s not just about you. 

How does putting yours on in your vehicle protect others? 

17 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

Actually, if you must know, metal is my preference. 

'

I think you've banged your head a few too many times.   

• Like (+1) 1