The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

6 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

Unfortunately her firing makes that a reality. 

No it doesn't.   From Marc Caputo of Politico. 

So the numbers weren't cooked and the data is still available.

• Thank you (+1) 4

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

The US had intelligence as early as November. Nice try.

Looks like you haven't had any intelligence ... EVER!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The game is fear, ALF. The bigger the numbers, the more fear they can manifest. The data across the board has been shown to be suspect, especially early on. Does that mean it's not real? No. Does it mean people aren't dying from it? No. Does it mean that it's not as deadly as we've been programmed to think? Possibly. Not definitely, possibly. 

Fear of immigrants, fear of someone taking your guns, fear of the DEEP STATE, fear of death panels, fear that wearing a mask will make you a commie....you guys are certainly well versed...

20 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Fear of immigrants, fear of someone taking your guns, fear of the DEEP STATE, fear of death panels, fear that wearing a mask will make you a commie....you guys are certainly well versed...

There’s a big difference between fear of and opposition to.

• Like (+1) 1

Improvement across the board.

Positive test rate at 5%.   Will we bottom at nationally at around that 5% rate?  If we can get to around 2-3% throughout the summer I think that would be an optimistic rate heading into the fall.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Assuming Trump gets re-elected in 2020, will the leftist zombies waste another 4 years of their lives posting their baseless hatred on here? I started visiting this section of TBD for the great coronavirus updates people post, but I probably won’t stick around once this dies down. 

I can’t imagine being a useful idiot for the left. You aren’t going to convince any conservatives to switch sides when your arguments have no merit (everything is based on feelings and -isms) and you push partisan investigations that are obvious hoaxes like “Russia!”. Until you actually have a compelling argument in the issues that decide elections, nobody is going to take you seriously or even remotely consider switching to the left.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

Assuming Trump gets re-elected in 2020, will the leftist zombies waste another 4 years of their lives posting their baseless hatred on here? I started visiting this section of TBD for the great coronavirus updates people post, but I probably won’t stick around once this dies down. 

I can’t imagine being a useful idiot for the left. You aren’t going to convince any conservatives to switch sides when your arguments have no merit (everything is based on feelings and -isms) and you push partisan investigations that are obvious hoaxes like “Russia!”. Until you actually have a compelling argument in the issues that decide elections, nobody is going to take you seriously or even remotely consider switching to the left.

Don’t let them run you off. This place is called the dungeon for a reason, it can be ugly and unruly — but there are also plenty of really insightful and knowledgeable posters and conversations down here too. Election season ratchets up the noise and vitriol from all sides, but it’s pretty easy to filter out the clowns (either w ignore or your own mental ignore). 

:beer: 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Magox said:

Testing going up up and up.   Test positive rate Down Down down.

This is a great trend.  When and what rate does it bottom out?

The speed with which we’ve ramped up testing is amazing. Good stuff. 

Hapless did a really thorough review of the vaccine news of late. 

Worth the read for the people who want to hear about the vaccine developments and the studies. The Moderna vaccine study, while promising, was not without some concerning data. Lots more to do on that front.

The Oxford vaccine may yield more conclusive results sooner. 

Carlin nails it. What the hell happened? No one in this country is storming the beaches of Normandy thats for sure. Not when the flu re marketed backs you down

Edited by Dante
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Troll Toll said:

Explosive national debt.  New taxes on American consumers.  Trade barriers.  Threatens liberal  use of eminent domain to build wall.  Unconstitutional power grab to fund wall.  Claims absolute authority.  Depression era unemployment. Interferes with ongoing judicial proceedings.  Volume II of the Mueller report.  He’s a fake conservative.  Nothing more. 

10 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Wouldn't it save them a lot of time and money in development to realize the same thing can be achieved, with the same amount of risk, by just lifting your mask when you want to put food in your mouth?

With what? lol. It’s highly recommended to not touch your mask.