The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

9 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

I was REFERENCING the REPORTERS behavior after every press conference, but you already new that. You are a polished PR man. Very good.

There are two sentences in my response.

See the first. 

3 minutes ago, mead107 said:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm

how much higher will our number of deaths be 

over 2017. 

"Influenza and Pneumonia: 55,672"... That is over 1 year from disease that already had a foothold on the world. 

We are at 83k+ just from Coronavirus which started not more then a half a year ago.

Edited by Hardhatharry
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

where are you getting that info? TV just said Japan looks like back to normal on Friday, and China just retesting everyone in Wuhan after 6 new cases. Such a huge problem now, we as a people cant even be sure what is what anymore. You see/read one thing, i see/read the exact opposite..  and @Deranged Rhino says I told ya so LOL!!!

https://time.com/5826918/hokkaido-coronavirus-lockdown/

Korea, China, and Japan have good testing and tracking so they are shutting down regions to contain the recurrences. It's something to watch. We don't have adequate testing and tracing here so outbreaks could grow into something uncontainable again--that's the concern. We need this to be THE reopening, not the first of many cycles of shutdowns and reopenings.   

Edited by shoshin
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

where are you getting that info? TV just said Japan looks like back to normal on Friday, and China just retesting everyone in Wuhan after 6 new cases. Such a huge problem now, we as a people cant even be sure what is what anymore. You see/read one thing, i see/read the exact opposite..  and @Deranged Rhino says I told ya so LOL!!!

TV said it so it must be true.

49 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Quick question. How come after these presidential press conferences the reporters tend to take their masks off and completely ignore the social distancing?

They're emulating the president. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

This was the China story. It's in many places...AJ was just the link I grabbed. 

Nowhere is "back to normal" and I doubt anyone thinks that to be the case. 

Edited by shoshin

15 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

"Influenza and Pneumonia: 55,672"... That is over 1 year from disease that already had a foothold on the world. 

We are at 83k+ just from Coronavirus which started not more then a half a year ago.

Just from the Chinese Flu? No comorbidities? Weird. Please provide a link. 

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

No one has said what the death rate is of other deaths this year? 
Are all deaths c-19? 

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Are all deaths c-19? 

Yes. No one is allowed to die in America unless it’s from the Wuhan virus. #STRONGGOVERNORSPROTECTINGTHEPEOPLEFROMTHEMSELVES

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Yes. No one is allowed to die in America unless it’s from the Wuhan virus. #STRONGGOVERNORSPROTECTINGTHEPEOPLEFROMTHEMSELVES

Are the small businesses and all the jobs killed off by the economic shutdown considered covid deaths as well?

Asking for a friend...

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This CDC page shows the Corona deaths, Deaths that also had corona, and the other causes.

its interesting to notice the difference between Covid deaths (50K) and Deaths where the person also had Covid. (over 100K)

This is looking like a record low year for flu deaths with 6K so far.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

Edited by Chris farley
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Are all deaths c-19? 

There hasn’t been an uptick in deaths in America. What we’ve witnessed is old people dying of Covid 19 instead of what they’d otherwise have died from. (And even that number would be WAY down if NYS hadn’t made the unexplainable unforced error of placing Covid patients in nursing homes.)

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

There hasn’t been an uptick in deaths in America. What we’ve witnessed is old people dying of Covid 19 instead of what they’d otherwise have died from. (And even that number would be WAY down if NYS hadn’t made the unexplainable unforced error of placing Covid patients in nursing homes.)

please show evidence of that stat

2 hours ago, shoshin said:

It looks like the TB vaccine studies are starting. We discussed this somewhere in the depths of this thread and hopefully the testing shows something promising. The correlative data points (countries that still give TB vaccines show lower spread and mortality) right now could be due to a lot of factors so actual tests will be important to see if the vaccine itself helps or not. 

Finally...the effects of Tom Brady have been plaguing this world for far too long.

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Which stat? Just go to the CDC website like everyone else has been doing for weeks. I’ll wait. 

your stat, show the link that points to the evidence that deaths have been even this year. Or, did ya just happen to pull it out yer rear?

• Like (+1) 1