The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The really odd part is that now that we actually know something about how and who this virus attacks and is especially dangerous to, we’re hearing virtually NOTHING from anyone in control. It’s as if they’re all doing a collective ‘my bad’ in hopes that the general public will forget about it while planting their tomatoes.

The point of the exercise is that trillions of digital dollars are flowing into coffers that were otherwise on the verge of bankruptcy before the scamdemic.

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

Name calling like this just hurts the cause..it hurts Trump too. 

signed up, doing it tomorrow. Not looking to get that swap shoved halfway down my throat via my nasal cavity, but i will do for love of country!

Reminds me of the movie Deep Throat. Better you than me. Good luck.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former President Barack Obama harshly criticized President Donald Trump’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic as an “absolute chaotic disaster” during a conversation with ex-members of his administration, according to a recording obtained by Yahoo News.

Obama also reacted to the Justice Department dropping its criminal case against Trump’s first national security adviser, Michael Flynn, saying he worried that the “basic understanding of rule of law is at risk.”

More than 78,400 people with COVID-19 have died in the United States and more than 1.3 million people have tested positive, according to the latest estimates from the Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University.

https://apnews.com/99b2c99f4ba4e480c0066d59cf4dd952

Obama! A great two term President 

Bad State Decisions about Nursing Homes Are Heavily Driving the Coronavirus Outbreak

by Jim Geraghty

Original Article

Coronavirus outbreaks in nursing homes have been particularly deadly in California, Illinois, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and New York. You could make a strong argument that the country’s deadly coronavirus problem is largely a nursing home problem, dangerous everywhere but far more prevalent in a half-dozen or so of the country’s more heavily and densely populated states.

What’s more, many of these states enacted coronavirus response policies that likely put nursing and assisted-living home residents at higher risk for infection. 

Notice the California policy described by the San Jose Mercury News:

Even as senior care centers have been particularly hard hit by the coronavirus — with patient and staff deaths accounting for nearly 40 percent of all COVID-19 deaths across California — the state is calling on assisted living facilities to house infected patients in exchange for money.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

...terribly deflating news for some....SMH...........

Georgia reports lowest number of COVID patients in a month

By Nick Givas | Fox News

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp announced Saturday that the state had the lowest number of hospitalized coronavirus patients it has seen in just over a month.

"Today marks the lowest number of COVID-19 positive patients currently hospitalized statewide (1,203) since hospitals began reporting this data on April 8th," Kemp tweeted.

"Today also marks the lowest total of ventilators in use (897 with 1,945 available). We will win this fight together!" he added.

Kemp moved forward with his plan to reopen the state late last month, despite initial opposition from President Trump.

"Now, with favorable data and approval from state health officials, we are taking another measured step forward by opening shuttered businesses for limited operations. I know these hardworking Georgians will prioritize the safety of their employees and customers," Kemp previously tweeted. "Together, we will weather this storm and emerge stronger than ever."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/georgia-reports-lowest-number-covid-patients-in-a-month

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former President Barack Obama harshly criticized President Donald Trump’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic as an “absolute chaotic disaster” during a conversation with ex-members of his administration, according to a recording obtained by Yahoo News.

Obama also reacted to the Justice Department dropping its criminal case against Trump’s first national security adviser, Michael Flynn, saying he worried that the “basic understanding of rule of law is at risk.”

More than 78,400 people with COVID-19 have died in the United States and more than 1.3 million people have tested positive, according to the latest estimates from the Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University.

https://apnews.com/99b2c99f4ba4e480c0066d59cf4dd952

Obama! A great two term President 

HAHA Gator, forever the sucker. Obama was afraid to come out and say what he did in public. He instead had a private phone call leaked. Obviously the handling hasn't been an "absolute chaotic disaster" unless you want to address the stupid governors like Whitman, Newsome, Cuomo and Wolf. On top of that Obama stated that Flynn was charged with perjury, which in itself is a lie. You could fvck up a copy/paste. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

HAHA Gator, forever the sucker. Obama was afraid to come out and say what he did in public. He instead had a private phone call leaked. Obviously the handling hasn't been an "absolute chaotic disaster" unless you want to address the stupid governors like Whitman, Newsome, Cuomo and Wolf. On top of that Obama stated that Flynn was charged with perjury, which in itself is a lie. You could fvck up a copy/paste. 

Isn't leaving everything up to the governors kind of the definition of chaotic disaster if it goes horribly wrong?

Beginning on Sunday, each household in Belgium will be allowed to host up to four other people — preferably all within the same family — as long as social distancing is maintained.

Does anyone think Americans have the patience for this kind of approach? 

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Isn't leaving everything up to the governors kind of the definition of chaotic disaster if it goes horribly wrong?

..potentially but they are much closer to their state's heartbeat versus the Feds.....the Feds' guidelines are under attack solely because of TDS, shocking right?......Covid-19 is baptism by fire at all levels with an event never seen except for perhaps 1917.....at the same time, it gives you a synopsis of elected officials and their ability in TRUE crisis management.....sad part is that those who fail will still be re-elected because it eliminates any thought process for the fickle segment in the electorate ......think Schifty does NOT get re-elected in a landslide as an example of just "pull the lever"?.....Strom Thurmond?...Jesse Helms?....Fritz Hollings?...Bob Byrd?...talk about "career politicians"...SMH.....

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...terribly deflating news for some....SMH...........

Georgia reports lowest number of COVID patients in a month

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/georgia-reports-lowest-number-covid-patients-in-a-month

THE MEDIA’S PREDICTIONS HAVE BEEN ESPECIALLY ONE-SIDED AND BAD.

Screen-Shot-2020-05-10-at-10.04.13-AM-52

Related:

Screen-Shot-2020-05-10-at-10.08.38-AM-47

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..potentially but they are much closer to their state's heartbeat versus the Feds.....

I agree with this, but Trump did come out, and say he was the boss.  

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Very interesting.   Now it quotes anonymous sources and we know that the media is often times full of it when they quote these supposed sources with that said this was interesting from that article:

———

The Post reported that Birx and others feared that the CDC's statistics on mortality rate and case counts were inflated by up to 25%.

Birx later told The Post in a statement that "mortality is slowly declining each day."

————-

According to the article she was upset with the CDC.   

Birx our of the entire health team is the one I trust the most.  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Huh. <_<

Exactly, and we'll never know.  I barely trust the government any more than the media, because they'll just deny it ever happened.  We have every right to know why we should/should not trust the CDC.  We pay for it.  It belongs to us.  I hate the notion that we always have to be protected from ourselves.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

And former President Obama chimes in with his constructive criticism of the current adminnistrations pandemic efforts:

https://deadline.com/2020/05/obama-calls-trump-administrations-response-to-coronavirus-an-absolute-chaotic-disaster-1202930674/

I wonder if his keen analysis of the situation grew out of his smooth implementation of Obamacare?

2 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Facebook is flagging this, calling the whole thing false. Can someone pick even a part of it that isn't true?

Image may contain: possible text that says 'MASK WEARING Reduces oxygen up to 60% Increases risk of CO2 poisoning. -Causes increased face touching. -Viruses & bacteria saturate the outside. -Touching mask and surfaces spreads germs. Contaminants sit within mask fibers, get reinhaled. -Fresh air is vital for immune health!'

I've taken infection control, and worn tons of masks.  Most of it is nonsense or nonsensical.  You should learn how to use a mask properly.  Fresh air is good for you??