The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

6 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

That’s an oversimplification of the problem.  If the story is accurate, they have a team of individuals showing up at your home, some in quasi-paramilitary gear with “official papers”, suggesting that for the greater good you offer your family up for a blood draw?  They rely on psychology and theatrics to manipulate people into believing submitting is compulsory?  In 2020??

If only there was a way where the government could reach out quickly and efficiently to the masses for volunteers, set up a professional screening center with a visitors bureau, offer an explanation of the process on a small, high quality hand-held monitor and a sanitary blood draw station.  Instead, the geniuses have launched a program with a decidedly Mediziniche Aufzeichnungen feel to it. 

My response might not be as visceral as some, but I’m no less inclined to tell them  leave me and mine alone and if they truky feel the program is worthwhile, reach out to me through my physician’s office. 

Canvassed volunteers and doctors offices take away the critical component of randomness.

A study to watch. A similar one is being done in Germany. I hope it shows widespread prevalence but I doubt it will be higher than 1-2% in a place like Atlanta. 

11 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

To clear bandwidth for you to watch CCP Lego videos?

Outstanding news! 

I'll buy the next round of clorox.

"China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus,” Trump wrote in a post on Twitter. “The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!”

When: Tuesday, April 14
The claim: Asked about his past praise of China and its transparency, Trump said that he hadn’t “talk[ed] about China’s transparency.”
The truth: Trump lauded the country in tweets he sent in late January and early February. In one, he highlighted the Chinese government’s “transparency” about the coronavirus outbreak.

Edited by Kemp
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Outstanding news! 

I'll buy the next round of clorox.

"China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus,” Trump wrote in a post on Twitter. “The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!”

To be expected from a "wartime president" who is dismantling the COVID task force in the middle of the fight (for obvious political reasons).  Mission accomplished!

3 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

Drink up a-hole!

That's where you put it? Ooh.

Just now, SectionC3 said:

To be expected from a "wartime president" who is dismantling the COVID task force in the middle of the fight (for obvious political reasons).  Mission accomplished!

To be fair, the task force was utterly useless.

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

Canvassed volunteers and doctors offices take away the critical component of randomness.

A study to watch. A similar one is being done in Germany. I hope it shows widespread prevalence but I doubt it will be higher than 1-2% in a place like Atlanta. 

So, my name is generated randomly and added to a list.  My doctor must be excluded as the point of contact because it takes away from the randomness of my name being on the list?  A team is dispatched to my home, and since my name appeared on the list, everyone in the house who’s name was not randomly generated is also pressured for a blood draw?   If I’m uncomfortable, do I tell the guy in the haz mat suit and needle, the icy woman with steel blue eyes in tailored business suit with the official paperwork, or the two guys in the police uniforms with the tazers in the holsters?  

Oddly, I do not feel more comfortable hearing the Fatherland is running a similar program, but you enjoy the experience. 

• Like (+1) 3

DAR ES SALAAM (Reuters) - Tanzania has suspended the head of its national health laboratory in charge of testing for the coronavirus and ordered an investigation, a day after President John Magufuli questioned the tests’ accuracy. 

Magufuli said on Sunday the imported test kits were faulty as they had returned positive results on a goat and a pawpaw — among several non-human samples submitted for testing, with technicians left deliberately unaware of their origins. 

He did not say where the kits had been imported from or why the authorities had been suspicious of the results. 

Catherine Sungura, acting head of communications at the ministry of health, said in a statement on Monday the director of the laboratory and its quality assurance manager had been immediately suspended “to pave way for the investigation”. 

Sungura said a 10-person committee had been formed to investigate the laboratory’s operations, including its process of collecting and testing samples. 

On Sunday, Magufuli also fired the head of the government Medical Stores Department, which is in charge of distributing medical supplies and equipment to government hospitals, but gave no reason. 

As of Monday, Tanzania had recorded 480 cases of COVID-19 and 18 deaths, according to a Reuters tally based on government and World Health Organization data. 

Unlike most other African countries, Tanzania sometimes goes for days without offering updates, with the last bulletin on cases on Wednesday. 

COVID-19 infections and fatalities reported across Africa have been relatively low compared with the United States, parts of Asia and Europe. But Africa also has extremely low levels of testing, with rates of only around 500 per million people. 

ADVERTISEMENT

9 hours ago, Bockeye said:

PlanDemic, a Film about the Global Plan to Take Control of Our Lives, Liberty, Health & Freedom.

Dr. Judy Mikovits is a modern-day Rosalind Franklin, a brilliant researcher shaking up the old boys' club of science with her groundbreaking discoveries. And like many women who have trespassed into the world of men, she uncovered decades-old secrets that many would prefer to stay buried.

From her doctoral thesis, which changed the treatment of HIV-AIDS, saving the lives of millions, including basketball great Magic Johnson, to her spectacular discovery of a new family of human retroviruses, and her latest research which points to a new golden age of health, Dr. Mikovits has always been on the leading edge of science.

I actually watched this a couple days ago.  It is a huge hit with the hippy/spiritual anti vaxxing left.

Im not the conspiratorial type, with that said there were various components to this video.  Some I outright agree with and others are definitely on the conspiracy side but they sounded plausible.  It’s difficult proving a conspiracy because if you could it no longer is a conspiracy, but the way it was presented made sense.   

I decided to research this lady just to see if she was a quack which she definitely doesn’t come off as one and she certainly is an accomplished person in the field.   The circumstances around her arrest when you research it doesn’t really net much aside what the prosecution claimed.  But they did drop the charges after she returned the notes which prosecution claims had to do with intellectual property.   

I would recommend for people to watch it.  I’m not saying believe it but worth the watch and you can decide for yourself.

Oh and the part where they talk about how keeping yourself locked in and not exposed to as many germs etc Leading to more people having weakened immune systems I believe that 100%

When I lived in South America, the country that I was in has a high indigenous population and they would drink and cook water from the tap.  Which tap water over there is not the safest proposition for people like you and me.    It’s because they are exposed to it, they live under rougher circumstances and these people have autoimmune systems that are like fortresses.  Where if you have someone who is not exposed to as many external risks of this sort end up getting much sicker than those that do.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

So, my name is generated randomly and added to a list.  My doctor must be excluded as the point of contact because it takes away from the randomness of my name being on the list?  A team is dispatched to my home, and since my name appeared on the list, everyone in the house who’s name was not randomly generated is also pressured for a blood draw?   If I’m uncomfortable, do I tell the guy in the haz mat suit and needle, the icy woman with steel blue eyes in tailored business suit with the official paperwork, or the two guys in the police uniforms with the tazers in the holsters?  

Oddly, I do not feel more comfortable hearing the Fatherland is running a similar program, but you enjoy the experience. 

And who's in charge of the Fatherland that will allow it to happen?

12 minutes ago, Magox said:

It’s because they are exposed to it, they live under rougher circumstances and these people have autoimmune systems that are like fortresses.  Where if you have someone who is not exposed to as many external risks of this sort end up getting much sicker than those that do.

Their autoimmune systems are fortresses against what they've previously encountered. Against a new agent their immune system would be like anyone else's. I assume that's what you meant.

Is this thread going to "wind down" now the the CV 19 thing is to hard to deal with and not good for reelection  is licked and we can move on to the stock market again? 

24 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

What a story! You're uncomfortable. Say no and think of the power you have over the steely-eyed woman and the taser-men. You're like a superhero. You're No-man!  

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

@Joe in Winslow would like you to elaborate on the icy woman with steely eyes.  Is she a redhead?  Doe she have steely knives to match her steely eyes?  Does she Skype?

24 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Their autoimmune systems are fortresses against what they've previously encountered. Against a new agent their immune system would be like anyone else's. I assume that's what you meant.

Kind of, but not entirely.  I'm not saying that they are completely immune to let's say this pathogen but I believe they have stronger immune systems than people who are less exposed to for a lack of better terms - harsher environments.

La Paz Bolivia, which is the city that I used to live in has a population of about 2.7 million.  It is the most densely populated area in the country and is comprised of a 90% indigenous population.  La Paz's weather is cold and not humid at all, meaning the weather is ripe for this sort of spread.   So far they have 253 confirmed infections and 16 deaths.

Santa Cruz Bolivia, which is a much warmer humid part of the country, with a tropical environment has about the same population but it's not nearly as dense.  The city has much more territory than La Paz due to it's geographical makeup.   They have a much lower indigenous population, in fact the indigenous people are not from the same indigenous factions of those in La Paz.  It is much safer to drink the water from tap in Santa Cruz.   However, in S.C they have 1043 confirmed infections with 46 deaths.

Now there are studies that show that altitude plays a role, so I do believe that plays a factor.

Grant it, it's anecdotal, but it's evidence none the less.   Immune systems are complex and people who are exposed more to different bacteria's develop more efficient enzyme's,  stomach acids and neutrophils to combat bacteria's and pathogens from an overall general sense.  So it's not just because they have been exposed to it that allows people who live in harsher environments that can only combat these specific risks better than those who haven't.  There is an overall immune system and there are people who are better equipped to deal with these pathogens than others.  I think conditioning plays a role in that.

19 minutes ago, shoshin said:

What a story! You're uncomfortable. Say no and think of the power you have over the steely-eyed woman and the taser-men. You're like a superhero. You're No-man!  

So you mock the way he views things.  How nice and smug.

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 3