The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

What’s the context of the Jews comment?  

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Don't know -- was hoping one of our NYCers would have more context. It just sounds real bad (likely because he's a moron rather than an antisemite) which is totally on brand for the mayor. 

I believe that this incredibly tone deaf phrasing was aimed at the Hasidic communities, which are largely ignoring social distancing guidelines and gathering en masse for funerals and other events. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Good news is there's less deaths than last Tuesday.  Bad news is it's quite the spike from the weekend.

Based off of this chart, that would imply today’s/Wednesday’s end of day death count could probably be around 1600-1650.  And then Thursday and Friday maybe around 1500-1550.

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Don't know -- was hoping one of our NYCers would have more context. It just sounds real bad (likely because he's a moron rather than an antisemite) which is totally on brand for the mayor. 

He should run for president.

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

What’s the context of the Jews comment?  

A lot of NYC stories about Hasidic/Orthodox gatherings in large numbers. The immediate story had deBlasio on the scene here. 

And deBlasio followed his first  tweet with this one. "We have lost so many these last two months + I understand the instinct to gather to mourn. But large gatherings will only lead to more deaths + more families in mourning. We will not allow this. I have instructed the NYPD to have one standard for this whole city: zero tolerance."

Trump school of communications in wording in first Tweet but the full context was the absurd funeral gathering. 

Edited by shoshin

14 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

I’m a vegetarian but I could go for that.  I probably wouldn’t be a vegetarian long with those.  A pepperoni face mask?  I’d be back off the wagon (is it on the wagon or off the wagon?) in seconds.  

That explains your self righteous behavior. Makes sense now. Anybody want to hire a vegetarian lawyer? Kind of like a lion with no teeth.

12 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Is there even such a rapid test available ? In the amount needed , which would be massive ? Imagine going to say, five places in a given day and being tested each time. I just don’t see this as a realistic thing. 

With computers, anything's possible. 

2 hours ago, Magox said:

Based off of this chart, that would imply today’s/Wednesday’s end of day death count could probably be around 1600-1650.  And then Thursday and Friday maybe around 1500-1550.

That's pry correct.  I hate doing math based off a chart when it comes to people dying but we are on the decline when it comes to number of deaths which means we can start opening up soon depending on where you are as a state on the curve.  The areas hit hardest like NYC will pry have the most difficult transition as all they've heard is sirens the last month and a half or so.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, westside2 said:

That explains your self righteous behavior. Makes sense now. Anybody want to hire a vegetarian lawyer? Kind of like a lion with no teeth.

Sarcasm?

A vegetarian can't be a good lawyer?

Stupidity has no bounds.

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Pry just an ill advised tweet that doesn't provide context as I doubt he's antisemtic.  He does hate groundhogs though so I wouldn't put it past him.

7 hours ago, dpberr said:

On a strategic level, don't give the opposition easy buckets. If he wears a mask for the 20 minute visit, there's no story. That's the real idiot part. 

On a leadership level, he's the face of the virus task force visiting virus patients in a hospital. Since we're all going to get back to work and school with these things on whether we like it or not, lead by example.

I respectfully disagree. Even more than Pence, they want a picture of Trump with a mask so they can blast it during the campaign ads. If we’ve learned anything from their stance on abortion, the left doesn’t REALLY care about human life. It is all just a power game to them.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Troll Toll said:

I respectfully disagree. Even more than Pence, they want a picture of Trump with a mask so they can blast it during the campaign ads. If we’ve learned anything from their stance on abortion, the left doesn’t REALLY care about human life. It is all just a power game to them.

Are you better off now than you were 4 years ago?

I'll give you time to remove your mask before you answer that...

3 hours ago, westside2 said:

It’s hard to take anything you say seriously because you’re on the sheep list.  Carry on. 

24 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Are you better off now than you were 4 years ago?

I'll give you time to remove your mask before you answer that...

And there it is in a nutshell people. Don’t kid yourselves! This post is what this whole thing’s been about since about two weeks after it started. 

• Like (+1) 2