The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Trump:

Sending ventilators to other countries (I saw some listed on his twitter timeline earlier).
Happy talk about the hope for the country.

First at home COVID-19 kit was approved today.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Well thank God you didn’t include the Cheatriots.

I said people might interpret it that way.  Keep spinning though.

I hate that Patriots more than anyone on here. 

Im going to enjoy the draft and focus on something different. I’d just leave one last thing, BMC surely didn’t test and treat people and weigh the results they were doing this almost immediately. I’m not sure how/where a decision like that gets made when it’s a novel virus that they hadn’t yet seen. Is that information from other hospitals they trust over seas or are they actually able to come to that conclusion without even having hands on patients. I find that very interesting and hope to find that answer. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

Trump:

Sending ventilators to other countries (I saw some listed on his twitter timeline earlier).
Happy talk about the hope for the country.

First at home COVID-19 kit was approved today.

well, damn.  I’ll take like 2,000 of them, please.  ALL THE TESTING!!!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

I hate that Patriots more than anyone on here. 

Im going to enjoy the draft and focus on something different. I’d just leave one last thing, BMC surely didn’t test and treat people and weigh the results they were doing this almost immediately. I’m not sure how/where a decision like that gets made when it’s a novel virus that they hadn’t yet seen. Is that information from other hospitals they trust over seas or are they actually able to come to that conclusion without even having hands on patients. I find that very interesting and hope to find that answer. 

Hope so too.   Meet you in the football side tonight.

• Like (+1) 1

Dr Hahn (FDA):

Team of more than 10K scientists, pharmacists, nurses, working around the clock authorizing tests and products. (18K people work there)
Barriers have been cut down recognizing the urgency of the situation.
They are still testing.
How far they have come in just the last few months.
This normally takes years to developed, and this has happened in weeks and months.
Authorized 63 tests (diagnostic and antibody)
Point of care tests.
LabCorp - first home test. The test can be done at home (under the guidance of a physician)
Working with 400 developers.
220 labs have begun patient testing.
Leaving no stone un-turned.
72 therapeutics are under trials.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Which, literally, the media was doing. And you were parroting them whether you realize it or not. And in doing so, you've allowed yourself to get swept up into arguing against what he never even suggested in the first place. 

I make my own judgments thanks.

Press (Weijia Jiang): Subcommittee FDA does not have any review or test for antibodies. Are these junk tests?
Hahn: We provided them with the ability to self-validate. There are four authorized by the FDA, but the self-validated they are working with the CDC to validate those self-validated tests.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

So far, all evidence to the contrary. 

You realize you are not the authority on what people hear and believe right?

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Press: subcommittee FDA does not have any review or test for antibodies. Are these junk tests?
Hahn: We provided them with the ability to self-validate. There are four authorized by the FDA, but the self-validated they are working with the CDC to validate those self-validated tests.

That’s key.  Lab tests have to be validated for specificity and sensitivity, false positives/negatives.

• Like (+1) 1

Pence:
Governor conference call today.
Expanded testing, and pleased to hear about the progress the Governors are making.
FEMA reported on numbers (not much different than before)
One team, one mission.
We are all in this together.
Going on with mitigation, testing, etc. Use the existing testing capacity available to them.
5.1M Americans have been tested for COVID-19.
As testing increases, case will increase as well. Do not be discourage by the numbers, there are very positive numbers in the hospitals, etc.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

You realize you are not the authority on what people hear and believe right?

I've never claimed I was. But you do realize this is a message board and what you type remains there for all to read for themselves, right? 

(your record is clear so far, if you want it to change, do better)

Pence:
Cuomo spoke favorably about his White House meeting.
State level testing.
Cuomo explained how he's using his licensing in NY for more labs (something...)

MA cases have not yet stabilized. There are now 4 firld hospitals there.

Minnesota has a Mayo clinic partnership. Pence is going to the Mayo clinic on Tuesday.

Iowa is tripling testing. testiowa.com  To figure out if their symptoms warrant a test.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I've never claimed I was. But you do realize this is a message board and what you type remains there for all to read for themselves, right? 

(your record is clear so far, if you want it to change, do better)

No need to change.  I know what I hear.  I don’t need you to try and spin it.  Thanks anyway.

• Like (+1) 2

Pence:

Indiana opened half their elective surgery sites, and the rest next week.

Maryland is getting more testing.

Utah, contact tracing. "healthy together app"

NJ + Rutgers for a saliva based test.

Missouri working with google marketplace to repurpose factories to meet their medical supply needs.

WOW. Trump done.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Surprising. But he did do 40 minutes earlier today... so maybe he got his fill.  

Spin spin spin! 

It’s like yanking the starting goaltender who can’t stop a beach ball. Good call!