The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I think a clinical trial, as well as accumulating all the relative data, are extremely important. I also think saving lives NOW is extremely important.  Why can't we do both?

Because we don't know what works.

i tried but there was too much idiocy contained within the previous 20 pages for me to do a complete laborious catch-up. i do however think i covered the high points. 

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

One or two people vs thousands? M'kay.  Again, you go tell the people who recovered using this treatment they should not have. They need to wait around for you to conduct a clinical trial. I am certain that will go over well.

You go tell the ones that died from the side effects.  The door swings both ways.  That’s why Dr. Fauci and his colleagues are so important.

Just now, Scraps said:

Because we don't know what works.

I certainly hope those here that are arguing against the hydroxychloroquine + zpack treatment do not have to worry about taking it in early-stages. You all can just tell the doc, "Naw man, I'm waiting for the clinical trials to end."

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Again this is nothing new.  I’ve used UV lights to disinfect in my lab for over 30 years.  Surfaces are different than cells within the body.

And yet, the honest media said it was untrue when Trump first stated it (weeks ago) when talking about the benefit of sunlight and heat as we reach summer. 

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

disagree, Indy. injection simply means the forceful insertion of a substance under pressure.

Nope.  Nebulizers are not injection.  It aerosolizes medicines that are then absorbed via inhalation.  I use a nebulizer on occasion for my asthma and it is not delivered under pressure nor is it forcefully inserted.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I do! If I am given a treatment that cures me, helps me to breathe, helps me get better, I do not give a flying ***** if it has had clinical trials for this particular treatment.

Thank goodness President Trump signed the "right to try"  EO. Otherwise, a lot of people would have died waiting on clinical trials.

Again the trial I linked to showed a higher mortality rate for those on HCQ.  Your endorsing poisoning people again.

13 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

At what stage were they given the treatment? That appears to be a main consideration with its effectiveness.

https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-vaughn/2020/04/23/french-doctor-didier-raoult-cites-flaws-scientific-misconduct-in-recent-va-study-on-hydroxychloroquine/

Ran across this and thought it might address some of the questions posed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

And yet, the honest media said it was untrue when Trump first stated it (weeks ago) when talking about the benefit of sunlight and heat as we reach summer. 

I said earlier that the studies talked about yesterday needed to be done to confirm that coronavirus has similar susceptibility as other viruses, which it did.  Use of UV lights as antivirals has a long history.

Just now, Scraps said:

Again the trial I linked to showed a higher mortality rate for those on HCQ.  Your endorsing poisoning people again.

Sure, that's it. Again, if you or any member of your family contract COVID-19 (and I sincerely hope you and your loved ones do not), please be sure to say "no thank you."

Just now, oldmanfan said:

I said earlier that the studies talked about yesterday needed to be done to confirm that coronavirus has similar susceptibility as other viruses, which it did.  Use of UV lights as antivirals has a long history.

Which, again, begs the question why the press immediately twisted a long used treatment (and common knowledge) into something else?

(Because the media isn't about truth or honesty -- especially on this topic) 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Vark said:

Ah, the sickest of the sick. Yes, I had heard that before. I "think" that I have been reading that given earlier, it is more effective.

One of the major problems Raoult found was that the HQC and the HQC/Zpak were given after the patients had been intubated. “This is unreasonable at the time of the cytokine storm [after patient is critically ill], as it is unlikely that HCQ alone would be able to control patients at this stage of the disease.”

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

The drug causes significant cardiovascular side effects.  According to the limited studies several patients died from these.  Why are you confused?

You told me to go question dead people.

24 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Again this is nothing new.  I’ve used UV lights to disinfect in my lab for over 30 years.  Surfaces are different than cells within the body.

the sun's ultraviolet b rays interact with cholesterol in skin cells, which in turn provide the energy for vitamin D synthesis to occur. vitamin D is essential for optimal health. in some arenas, it is thought that large doses of Vit D are highly effective in fighting COVID-19.

Edited by Foxx
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Which, again, begs the question why the press immediately twisted a long used treatment (and common knowledge) into something else?

(Because the media isn't about truth or honesty -- especially on this topic) 

Because the president started asking about using it within the body.  The staffer he was talking to was referring to the studies on aerosols or surfaces.  Surface disinfection of viruses with UV is well known.  So maybe if the president would actually be precise we wouldn’t have to have the media try to figure out what he’s talking about.

But  of course we’re all supposed to know he was being sarcastic.

56 minutes ago, Magox said:

I said years ago that Trump supporters would need to get twisted into a pretzel trying to explain his words.

The same holds true today.  But it goes back to that Salena Zito article where she discussed his appeal. Foreseeing his 2016 victory when few others in the press did.

Yesterday's goofy thing that Trump said is a perfect example of that.    Reasonable people know that he wasn't advocating for people to ingest disinfectants, he just was pontificating aloud on something goofy.

Exactly. Unfortunately there are no reasonable people on the left, and they needed something new to jump on Trump about, so the media gaslights his comments, the drive-bys come in to repeat them as though they finally, at long last, got that evil Trump "this time!"

It's embarrassing to watch these discussions.

• Like (+1) 2